BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

How to reset service light

Hi guys,

My E92 is showing "Service due" on the Navigation screen. I checked, and it looks like it was due the Inspection back in July. The inspector was done prior to July but I guess they didn't reset that.

My question is how do you reset the service date. I read a few forums and I believe I did reset it (change the date to July 2013) but it's still giving me that messages.

Basically what I did was but in the key, hit start without hitting the brakes so the car doesn't start on. I pressed the reset miles button down for a few seconds. Then it gave me the options to change the date. After I changed it, I hit the start button again to power everything off, took the key out. When I tried turning the car on, it's still giving me the message.

Am I doing something wrong?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
aberk80 swan
Registered
Rep
Drives: ss

Fix the problem triggering the light If your check engine light came on, the computer detected a problem that needs fixing. If you don't know how to check the codes from the computer and how to repair your car on your own, bring your car to a professional mechanic and have it fixed.

Thanks,
Japanese auto auction agent
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochy2048 View Post
Hi guys,

My E92 is showing "Service due" on the Navigation screen. I checked, and it looks like it was due the Inspection back in July. The inspector was done prior to July but I guess they didn't reset that.

My question is how do you reset the service date. I read a few forums and I believe I did reset it (change the date to July 2013) but it's still giving me that messages.

Basically what I did was but in the key, hit start without hitting the brakes so the car doesn't start on. I pressed the reset miles button down for a few seconds. Then it gave me the options to change the date. After I changed it, I hit the start button again to power everything off, took the key out. When I tried turning the car on, it's still giving me the message.

Am I doing something wrong?
yes pm me your number ill send you a video

ok

step 1 hold down the reset botton... until it gives you some option
step 2 press the botton on the turn signal (this will ask you if you want to reset)
step 3 press it again and hold until it reset..
step 4 turn off the car and on
step 5 no more warning sign..

BTW do you have an Idrive... i dont get why you just found out it shows up everytime you dont do anything when maintenance is needed

also if this is a cel ENGINE light you wont be able to turn that off. You need a OBDII reader
if this is just normal maintence warning sign then follow my steps.
      08-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
yes pm me your number ill send you a video

ok

step 1 hold down the reset botton... until it gives you some option
step 2 press the botton on the turn signal (this will ask you if you want to reset)
step 3 press it again and hold until it reset..
step 4 turn off the car and on
step 5 no more warning sign..

BTW do you have an Idrive... i dont get why you just found out it shows up everytime you dont do anything when maintenance is needed

also if this is a cel ENGINE light you wont be able to turn that off. You need a OBDII reader
if this is just normal maintence warning sign then follow my steps.
Yeah, I have iDrive. I tried that but didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochy2048 View Post
Yeah, I have iDrive. I tried that but didn't work.
post a pic... id like to see...