12-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
JZ69
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 DCT

WARNING: Pneus Tyres.

I will never use these clowns again.

I orderd some Continental Winter tyres for the M3 over the weekend. Expensive, but I was looking at the forecast for the coming week.

Come Monday, I actually found the same tyres from the USA website TireRack for less than half the price and they are willing to ship to the UK. (Still much cheaper than Pneus Tyre or MyTyres, even with shipping).

I saw that the Pneus Order had not been dispatched and I contacted them by phone (no answer, their phone lines are only open from 9am to 12pm) and email. twice.

I confirmed in the evening with DPD, (courier) that the package reference number they were giving on the website was not actually valid, which meant that the tyres had not been collected from the warehouse.

Despite another phone call this morning with a woman who couldn't speak english, it turns out that two of the 4 tyres have still been dispatched and so if I refuse delivery they will charge me £22 per tyre to restock. They confirmed that the other two tyres were waiting for dispatch and so I reiterated again that those two tyres should be cancelled.

8 hours later I receive an email entirely in French which says that it was not possible to prevent the last two tyres being dispatched and so I am now liable for £88 to refuse delivery and have the tyres restocked.

This brings customer service to a new low. They don't answer their phones, they don't answer their emails and they use a UK based website in English to trade with UK customers. They deal with all customer service in french.

On top of that they charge an extortionate fee to return an item. Mytyres don't charge a thing.

If my credit card company doesn't have any success I will be taking this to Small Claims. These clowns could have and should have stoppd this transaction, instead, they work a 3 hour day and assume the entire world speaks French.

Use them with caution.

Rant Over
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
swanny71
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M135i

Unfortunate for you but I suspect it's a case of actually reading the 'agree to terms' before clicking that confirm purchase button.

Good luck in the small claims court.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
Hayzi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 09 E92, BMW S1000 RR Bike

Hi

If you have ordered as an end user and not a business the following should apply

I'm quite sure you have the right to cancel the order and get a full refund including delivery as long the items are returned to the supplier within 30 days unused and not damaged which obviously they are if you rejected the delivery. Notify them that as the delivery was not complete you rejected it and want a full refund as you need to source elsewhere. If they say the other tyres would arrive next week tell them that it is not acceptable.

Any problems contact Consumer Direct who are the consumer trading standards, they are very helpful.

As a last resort hopefully you would have paid via a credit card which will give you some protection, if they won't refund you in full contact your credit card provider.

Without prejudice these are my own opinions
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
JZ69
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 DCT

Thanks for the useful info.
Amazingly, these idiots still despatched the second half of the order 3 days after I phoned to cancel, so if they think they can still charge me a restocking fee, they can awing.

My credit card company is on to it.

Cheers
Appreciate 0