BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

06-01-2008, 02:33 AM   #23
eNCore
///M 5light
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 MCB ///M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
In any case, C63 buyers should wait for the P30 option for 09 cars and get a proper LSD and even harsher suspension, can't believe they'd put a torque monster in this car not stick an LSD in it, but then who needs one when it's at it's best being a morning commute missile.
I bet the traditional AMG buyer won't miss a thing. Could you imagine an M3 with an open diff? of course not, because the M division isn't stupid.

As far as the numbers go, my local and sole MB dealer is getting three 2008, and perhaps 5 2009s, all the 09s are available to buy with delivery in August, they've yet to delivery one 2008 as of last week.
My local and sole BMW dealership is getting and selling more M3s in a month than the MB dealership is receiving in a year; and they only have one M3 coupe available on the floor. Very similar story with the IS-F according to my local and sole Lexus dealer. I'd be curious to see the numbers if anyone has access to them.

If rare and exotic are a function of being less desirable and marketable then I guess an Aztec would also fit this criteria. One would think that the AMG being potentially less expensive with more ponies they would be outselling the M3 and ISF 2:1 but it's not and it won't. Not poking at the car, just the logic. I suppose you won't see many on the street, but then there are plenty of C class cars, it's not a SLR.

Is the the P30 package you are talking about the performance package?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 04:09 AM   #24
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Turismo View Post
Yep, damn good value too. $3900 package.

My view on it is. If you want a coupe get the M3. If you need a people mover, a really fast people mover, get the C63.

Both are great cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #25
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, delimited top speed, upgraded brakes, alcantara wheel and "locking differential", not sure if this means a limited slip diff or something else. I agree, it's a good price if it's getting composite ceramic brakes, but I somehow doubt that's what it is, it's a $8K or $12K Porsche option for comparison.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #26
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Hey, is that the darkest gray they got? The SG color on the M3? If I get that car I might pick that color too. Got a question for you, is the C63 actually faster or it just feels faster because of the torque. The reaosn why I asked this is because they both got 12.x quarter mile times. BTW, what is the clear reflector thing you getting? And nice car!!! You should show me it sometime since we live pretty close to eachother!!! xD
Yeah, that's the darkest grey for this car. It's stealthy and sinister IMO. I love it.

IMO, It's not just the car rag tests but the C63 is faster than the M3 in the majority of real-world situations. That's a big reason I chose it. I already have a dedicated track car.
      06-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #27
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I considered the C63, the ride sucked, the handling sucked, and it is missing many options that the M3 has, most notably the Comfort Access.

Comfort Access is nice but I prefer a car be as simple as possible. CA is just another electronic device to frustrate me or break.... I guess I'm old school... or rationalizing again!

You're right about the C63 being very stiff... IT IS. IMO it is not suitable for traditional sport-luxo car buyers. However, I drive an Evo everyday and the C63 isn't as stiff as that. (As I wrote on MBworld..).. where the C63 suffers is in the seat itself. The seat cushion is very firm. The C63's seat cushion is noticably firmer than the M3's. More road imperfections are then transmitted to the driver/passengers. But the tradeoff is that it corners very flat and that inspires confidence.

They are all great cars, but I do understand that small nuances like this can make all the difference, depending on what you're looking for. If you can't get comfortable, that's a big problem!
      06-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #28
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Congrats Hans great f*cking car.
Thank you! (and sorry I didn't multi-quote guys.. I've still got new car buzz I think)
      06-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #29
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Hans, I saw the pics of your new ride over at MBworld.

Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #30
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Hans, I saw the pics of your new ride over at MBworld.

Congrats!!

Hey Man! I apologize for not saying HI over there! It's really cool to have M3 post guys on Mbworld too. I am still adjusting to saying "MB" .. hehe. I don't see myself as an MB person, but ignore the image... appreciate the car. It's the total package and it's going to be an azz-kicker! I need to cross 1000 miles then it's time to start smoking people (yes I'm juvenile!)
      06-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #31
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Hey Man! I apologize for not saying HI over there! It's really cool to have M3 post guys on Mbworld too. I am still adjusting to saying "MB" .. hehe. I don't see myself as an MB person, but ignore the image... appreciate the car. It's the total package and it's going to be an azz-kicker! I need to cross 1000 miles then it's time to start smoking people (yes I'm juvenile!)
That car is an absolute stunner in person. Enjoy! I definitely like the direction AMG is going.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #32
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

Hans congrats with getting the car.

I am supposed to get my M3 Tuesday

I believe the C63 feels faster, but that is not such a big selling point to me. I find the M3 to be fairly quick and am not in quest of the biggest engine or fastest car in the straight line. I am selling my S2000 this week as well so that's what I have as a baseline so the the M3 is going to be a rocket in comparison, I did not find the S2000 to be 'slow' by any means and would have kept it except I want more features and especially more room which the M3 is just exactly what I am looking for.

I think one big feature of the M3 is it's coupe body. I don't know how important 4 doors is to people and likely the M3 coupe is going to by far be the best seller followed by the vert last would be the sedan.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #33
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Comfort Access is nice but I prefer a car be as simple as possible. CA is just another electronic device to frustrate me or break.... I guess I'm old school... or rationalizing again!

You're right about the C63 being very stiff... IT IS. IMO it is not suitable for traditional sport-luxo car buyers. However, I drive an Evo everyday and the C63 isn't as stiff as that. (As I wrote on MBworld..).. where the C63 suffers is in the seat itself. The seat cushion is very firm. The C63's seat cushion is noticably firmer than the M3's. More road imperfections are then transmitted to the driver/passengers. But the tradeoff is that it corners very flat and that inspires confidence.

They are all great cars, but I do understand that small nuances like this can make all the difference, depending on what you're looking for. If you can't get comfortable, that's a big problem!
Hans, I'd be lying if I didn't want the C63, I really do (still). But to be honest if the seats were a little softer perhaps I'd go for it. The things I love about it, the looks, very distinctive, the engine noise is phenominal, and insanely fast. The C63 desperately needs LSD though like you mentioned. I did say to myself if my M3 gets delayed or who knows what I will get an 09 C63.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #34
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
Yes, delimited top speed, upgraded brakes, alcantara wheel and "locking differential", not sure if this means a limited slip diff or something else. I agree, it's a good price if it's getting composite ceramic brakes, but I somehow doubt that's what it is, it's a $8K or $12K Porsche option for comparison.
Performance Package:

Yes it is a true LSD. The C63 especially needs it with all that power.

The brakes are not full composite brakes. The rotors are two-piece and the hat is make from a composite material. This eliminates a large amount of weight from each corner.

Top speed limiter is raised to 186mph.

Suspension is further track tuned.

Alcantera trim in the car, steering wheel, shifter boot, seats, etc...
Appreciate 0