BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
Project Mu Club Racer vs. HC+

As title states....does any one have experience with either or both. any info is appreciated (bite, feel, rotor wear, how long they lasted, ect...) Thanks....
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

I have one track day on my Project Mu Club Racers. The are very loud, embarrassingly loud on the street. Towards the end of the session, I would start to get some brake shudder (presumably overheating the pads) so I would have take it a bit easier for the rest of the session.

Disclaimer: I am a super track noob so I am hard on the brakes.
      07-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Too slow

I had club racers on for 1 event. They bite REALLY well, but yeah, they're stupid loud. Like worse than a train loud. Rotor wear is pretty significant too. They're a lot worse than Hawk HP+ in terms of wear (I actually DD w/ HP+, not bad at all...)

I'm pretty sure I boiled the fuck out of my Motul fluid w/ them too, going from ~115-->45 several times per lap. They bite really well, and they handle a lot of heat, but make sure you get proper ventilation of that heat, or else you'll boil a lot of things, like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
dailydriven03
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Ran the club racers for a track event. Awesome pads, bite really well, havent slipped on my rotors.

However...on the street, everyone will stare at you, its ridiculously loud
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
M3PO
Colonel
Rep

I have a slightly different experience than eVito on the track. I used them on Big Willow. I was hitting almost 140 on the front straight, hard on the brakes for turn 1, down to about 70.

I was running Castrol SRF and the fluid was fine but I started to get brake shudder towards the end of the session from pad transfer/overheating the pads.
      07-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

HC+ is a hybrid pad... can not be compared to the club racer which is a track-only pad. HC+ is noiseless on the street, relatively low dust and has a high heat range - higher than any street pad available on the market. Rotor friendly too.

It'll overheat more easily than the club racer on track but if you want a good pad that you can drive every day and track it once in a while, the HC+ is the ticket.

Good luck getting these though. Took 5 months to get a set once I ordered it. "Special order" from Japan only.
      07-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Why not go with the actual kit now and skip the Mevius setup? Money talks also. Some folk will play the waiting game but you can rush ANY japanese part in from Japan in a week to 2 weeks.

I aired in a full rollcage in 5 days from Japan = $750 for shipping
I aired in an Endless full BBK in custom color = $500 for shipping

US Customs will clear through the air. I have used Bax Global and China Airlines for shipping companies and I have actually gone down to the airport and picked up items directly from the airline. Your normal guys on these forums will mostly play the waiting game but I had two magazine shoots and needed the parts and one of my cars got a movie invite. Sometimes you have no time..

Last edited by Endless619; 07-23-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
Z K
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Why not go with the actual kit now and skip the Mevius setup? Money talks also. Some folk will play the waiting game but you can rush ANY japanese part in from Japan in a week to 2 weeks.

US Customs will clear through the air. I have used Bax Global and China Airlines for shipping companies and I have actually gone down to the airport and picked up items directly from the airline. Your normal guys on these forums will mostly play the waiting game but I had two magazine shoots and needed the parts and one of my cars got a movie invite. Sometimes you have no time..

We're talking about $200 brake pads.. it makes no sense to rush these over at $500 for shipping. Plus EAS, the vendor I was working with, didn't even give me the option to do this. They just said there's nothing they can do and we all waited.
      07-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
We're talking about $200 brake pads.. it makes no sense to rush these over at $500 for shipping. Plus EAS, the vendor I was working with, didn't even give me the option to do this. They just said there's nothing they can do and we all waited.
And thats fine. I hate seeing folks complain about waiting when IN FACT you do not have to wait for items if you spend a little more on shipping.

Some vendors cannot and will not rush items. Some don't have that power. Some do.

When you have been in the game long enough, you know ways around wait times.

Twice I skipped Mackin Industries for Volks. I dealt specifically with a Rays dealer in Japan years ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
Z K
Major General
Rep

Quote:
And thats fine. I hate seeing folks complain about waiting when IN FACT you do not have to wait for items if you spend a little more on shipping.

Some vendors cannot and will not rush items. Some don't have that power. Some do.

When you have been in the game long enough, you know ways around wait times.

Twice I skipped Mackin Industries for Volks. I dealt specifically with a Rays dealer in Japan years ago.
Yeah, well these brake pads came through Mackin. Seems Mackin will not get items for you until they can fill a shipping container or something.

Wish I knew a Japanese dealer to work with - most don't want to talk to you if you don't know Japanese. I used to order items direct from Japan back when I had a Japanese car. They were shipped to my friend's relatives in Japan and he shipped it to the US for me. EMS cost is not so bad for small items and from order time to arrival in the US is about a week. But these were regular catalog items we just ordered them through the web site online so we didn't have to actually talk to anyone.

Last edited by Z K; 07-24-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
M3PO
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

06-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #12
Kunman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

mega bump!

How was the pad wear on the pmu club racer pads?
Appreciate 0