BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
dank1212
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 2010 melbourne red m3

What exhaust to get but considering xpipe

So I want an exhaust that is noticeable such as if someone who doesn't know anything about cars looks at it they'll know I have an exhaust and I was considering the gintani sport but I am also thinking of getting an xpipe with hfc and I just think it will be too loud, this is more sound over performance and I know my options range from akra, eiss sport, m performance, dinan and maybe some others I was just wondering which would sound best with an xpipe
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
dank1212
Private
United_States
Rep

Also I guess I'm looking for more of a high pitch sleeker sound any ideas for the best exhaust for me?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

what color car should I buy, I want one that looks cool? what wheels should I get? Come on internet forum.... tell me, I don't know how do decide for myself tell me what is the best way for me to spend my money
      05-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
what color car should I buy, I want one that looks cool? what wheels should I get? Come on internet forum.... tell me, I don't know how do decide for myself tell me what is the best way for me to spend my money
Tell'em - You've had what?....10 or 11 different exhausts? You change exhausts like I change underwear....which reminds me -
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
If your just doing a cat back check out the Innotech. Valve controlled and IMO a much much better option the the OEM Performance Exhaust. I have the full system and LOVE IT

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501161

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Tell'em - You've had what?....10 or 11 different exhausts? You change exhausts like I change underwear....which reminds me -

maybe I should've asked the forum to choose for me instead of trying myself..... woops
      05-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
dank1212
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

maybe I should've asked the forum to choose for me instead of trying myself..... woops
sorry i dont have the kind of money to buy exhausts and sell them used to buy more exhausts, this will probably be the only one i ever buy for this car, and obviously the ultimate decision will be mine but i was just wondering what options i have when deciding the kind of exhaust i want
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

There are endless threads on here for exhaust. Usually ending up in an argument, everyone voting for the one they bought.
      05-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #9
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

If you just care about the sound, get mufflers. I would suggest gintani or meisterschaft or megan racing..

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
If your just doing a cat back check out the Innotech. Valve controlled and IMO a much much better option the the OEM Performance Exhaust. I have the full system and LOVE IT

Is the full system with the valves closed okay for a DD (in your opinion?)
      05-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
dank1212
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

i am actually very interested in this exhaust right now...how would u describe the sound? sounds pretty high pitch from the videos i heard but videos never truly can reproduce the actual sound
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #12
Draff1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Silverstone M3 Coupe

I spent a full year researching and still ended up with 2 rear sections and 2 different x pipes. I would start with the most popular and then try to hear them live. Not YouTube. Eisenmann I think sounds best with an x pipe. I have a dinan and it's really nice but raspy with an x.

These guys are busting your balls but it's true. You need to really dig in. There's like 25 exhausts for the m3 and they all have a tradeoff.
      05-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #13
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank1212 View Post
So I want an exhaust that is noticeable such as if someone who doesn't know anything about cars looks at it they'll know I have an exhaust and I was considering the gintani sport but I am also thinking of getting an xpipe with hfc and I just think it will be too loud, this is more sound over performance and I know my options range from akra, eiss sport, m performance, dinan and maybe some others I was just wondering which would sound best with an xpipe
Hey, there is a thread located here : http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328915
You'll see a video clip with multiple exhausts and a lot of people voice their opinions on that particular thread. It'll be a good way to try and figure out what exhaust you would like..I'm personally biased towards eisenmann
Good luck!

Quote:

no reason to be a dick. You actullay have asked the forum before..why don't you refer to the poll you posted before...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270300

Be nice to the new guy
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
dank1212
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Quote:
Hey, there is a thread located here : http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328915
You'll see a video clip with multiple exhausts and a lot of people voice their opinions on that particular thread. It'll be a good way to try and figure out what exhaust you would like..I'm personally biased towards eisenmann
Good luck!

Quote:

no reason to be a dick. You actullay have asked the forum before..why don't you refer to the poll you posted before...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270300

Be nice to the new guy
Hey I already saw that thread and I did a lot of research already and kreissieg would be my favorite but out of my price range haha I was just wondering if there were some others that were good but not as well known such as the innotech I saw here, it looks good but I wish someone would post a review about it so I can decide whether to get it or not
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #15
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
I feel for you, it's a difficult decision to make with the crummy videos out there that seem to think that revving in neutral with a crap camera gives you any kind of idea as to what it really sounds like.

I went by videos that compared different exhausts, and then posted for feedback. A number of people have had many systems on their cars, and I found those threads especially helpful.

Me, I'm receiving delivery of the BMW Performance Exhaust tomorrow, and will diligently shoot video (hopefully with good audio) of the stock system and performance system under the same conditions.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #16
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Is the full system with the valves closed okay for a DD (in your opinion?)
Absolutely! I think with them closed the sound is very close to stock but just a little throatier. There isn't very much with the valves open either when just cruising around. With them open it is F1 car out side at high RPM and stock car burble at low. Inside with them open I like how you can hear it but its not overly in your face. I have taken several people for rides and even having the valves open and driving spirited/hard you can still have a normal conversation.

Quote:
i am actually very interested in this exhaust right now...how would u describe the sound? sounds pretty high pitch from the videos i heard but videos never truly can reproduce the actual sound
Closed, very close to stock just a little deeper. With them open it sounds like a Stock car at low RPM and F1 at high rpms. You are 100% correct the video does not do this system justice, it produces the best sound I have ever herd come out of the S65

When I first heard this exhaust when I picked my car up I fired it and immediately open the valve and this thing ROARS outside. For the money hands down this is the best exhaust out there, even if you just do the cat back. GREAT QUALITY and Fitment of the system was spot on, lined up perfectly and the cans line up neatly under the car.

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 01:10 AM   #17
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Can't go wrong with any of those you listed. I'm biased towards the Akra even though I've got the dinan w AA x pipe.

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #18
ScorpionT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i, SL65

Quote:
Closed, very close to stock just a little deeper. With them open it sounds like a Stock car at low RPM and F1 at high rpms. You are 100% correct the video does not do this system justice, it produces the best sound I have ever herd come out of the S65
The Innotech system does sound awesome. Axle back with an X pipe and its near perfect. I like to have one set of cats or a resonator to avoid a raspy sound, so Im not sure if I would do the complete system.
Appreciate 0