BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #45
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Ibiza, bora bora, Galapagos. If I could go to any 3 islands... Those would be the ones I went to hands down.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #46
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
A few pics from my trip to Turks & Caicos:

And some from Kauai:

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #47
ToothDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 TTS, CLA 45 AMG

If you do Turks and Caicos, don't sit around in Grace Bay. Rent a 4x4 and go off-roading and find your own beach. If you want peace and quiet, take the ferry to North Caicos, rent a car, and drive to Middle Caicos and sit around in Bambarra Beach. BUT, if you're in your 20's, Turks and Caicos is kinda boring. Go to Aruba - they have night life, do a private ATV tour of the whole island (it's an EIGHT hour ATV ride not those crappy 30 minute rides) - but it's not a pretty island. I also second the idea of doing a catamaran sail around the Virgin Islands - we rented a boat and hired a captain for a day there. You won't go wrong in Kauai but make sure you get a 4 x 4 and drive to where the road ends. Buy some lawn chairs and a cooler ice and beverages and just chill... hike, sail, heli ride, golf, shop. No real night life though.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #48
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Seems like Grace Bay (Turks & Caicos) and Kauai getting quite a bit of positive feedback. Can't say I'm surprised. You can find some very "exotic" places but some of the most worthwhile locales are right under your nose.

OP, where are you located? I'm just thinking flight times...
I'm in Los Angeles. I believe most of these places are next to or close enough to the equator to have year round summer like weather right?

Your Turks pics are screensaver beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothDoc View Post
If you do Turks and Caicos, don't sit around in Grace Bay. Rent a 4x4 and go off-roading and find your own beach. If you want peace and quiet, take the ferry to North Caicos, rent a car, and drive to Middle Caicos and sit around in Bambarra Beach. BUT, if you're in your 20's, Turks and Caicos is kinda boring. Go to Aruba - they have night life, do a private ATV tour of the whole island (it's an EIGHT hour ATV ride not those crappy 30 minute rides) - but it's not a pretty island. I also second the idea of doing a catamaran sail around the Virgin Islands - we rented a boat and hired a captain for a day there. You won't go wrong in Kauai but make sure you get a 4 x 4 and drive to where the road ends. Buy some lawn chairs and a cooler ice and beverages and just chill... hike, sail, heli ride, golf, shop. No real night life though.
Wow. Thanks for the advice
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #49
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep
Drives: Low and slow

Islands I've been to:
Hawaii: Maui, Big Island, Kauai, Molokai, Oahu
Caribbean: St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, Cayman Islands
US: Kiawah Island
Europe: Sicily, Crete
Asia: Bali, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Phuket, Singapore (not for beaches)

By far, the nicest beaches I've seen are in the gulf of Thailand. Kauai is my favorite though for the hiking/scenery/landscape.

I'd go to Madagascar, Galapagos, Bora Bora, Canary Islands. Somewhere exotic and expensive if it's free.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #50
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
I'm in Los Angeles. I believe most of these places are next to or close enough to the equator to have year round summer like weather right?

Your Turks pics are screensaver beautiful!
Caribbean does have hurricane season to contend with which is most of the summer to the early fall. It can be a non-issue or a big one. Just be sure to get travel insurance if you head down during that time.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #51
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
Yea, were all in or late 20's so not anything too honeymooner, but I'll look more into Moorea. I like the adventure aspect.

Well traveled I see. My friend also speaks highly of Aruba, just seems to lack that exotic flare as compared to other islands. But damn, I should have been careful what I asked for, now I have way too many ideas!

Thanks for sharing!
For exotic flares, I would recommend Bora Bora/Moorea/Aitutaki.
IMHO, aitutaki takes the cake if 5 star resort is not your concern...
It's got the bestest beach ever and nature is top notch...

Honestly, aruba is like a motel pool compare to those.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #52
1BMW4fun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X3 2.8, 11 550

Been to French Polynesia and Bora Bora serveral times, yes there are plenty of activities you could do including ATV. Since the whole island is a lagoon, you could just get a hotel kayak and explore (it would take you a while to go from one hotel to another). Though there isnt much night life, things pretty dead after 10pm. Worth the trip, one of a kind experience. My hotel when I was in Bora Bora

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #53
andyl
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M Sport

ibiza
greek islands
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #54
e92ttaz2
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black

You must go to Bora Bora, I have been there recently. Its amazing. If you are bringing a gf/wife, they will creme their pants (mine did). Their snorkeling and lagoons are spectacular, oh and check out Bloody Marys. Have fun whatever trip you decide.
Appreciate 0