BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

EXXEL Distributions

04-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #23
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
u dont have a gym membership?

everything the p90x does you can at the gym

ive seen the commericals and shows on it, honestly in 90 days no fatass can turn his fat bear belly into a 6-8 pack like they show its complete bullshit...

Its literally impossible...to drop your body weight that much down.

For everyone saying yea it works it works it works, obviously itll work....wont the same dedication work at the gym also?

Im more curious to see the diet plan they put you on then the workout, that is more important.
How is it impossible to drop 7lbs in 32 days? My friend lost nearly 20lbs in the same amount of time by simply watching what he ate and not snacking and drinking.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #24
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

I wish I had the mentality to stick with the program, but after watching it for 2 minutes...I realized that working out in front of the T.V. was not for me.

I still get my workout done though, just not with P90X.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #25
dosserj
FOR SALE
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW/FR E92 M3

I have done a few cycles of p90x. I have always been on the slender side but I went from 140 lbs to 160 lbs by complimenting the p90x videos with Total Gym workouts (ya, the Chuck Norris machine). P90x is great for losing weight and toning, but is not geared towards gaining mass which is what I was after. So I integrated the Total Gym routines to compensate. They have a forum on beachbody.com that talks all about it. You should check it out. Here is the link with answers to a lot questions people have about p90, p90x, and p90x PLUS.

http://forums.teambeachbody.com/grou...m/f/8682956296

Yes a pull-up bar is essential as it is involved multiple times is every week (except the "rest weeks"). Other than that, all you really need is dumbells or bands and your all set.
      04-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #26
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

dosserj so your saying that if you were to just do the P90x and not the total gym you wouldnt have seen any mass increase? im on day 30 something i think 33 and i havn't seen a lot of gain but def some.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #27
hayjoelb
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejheverest View Post
muscle confusion makes P90X more effective than working out at the gym by yourself
lol what? Do you believe everything the infomercial tells you?

It's a good beginners guide to weight/resistance training and dieting. If you're already familiar with the basic concepts, I'd say save yourself the money and sign up for a gym. Just make sure they have equipment like squat/power racks
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #28
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayjoelb View Post
lol what? Do you believe everything the infomercial tells you?

It's a good beginners guide to weight/resistance training and dieting. If you're already familiar with the basic concepts, I'd say save yourself the money and sign up for a gym. Just make sure they have equipment like squat/power racks
He's actually right. Muscle confusion helps a lot. I first heard about it in the 300 training video, tried it on my self and couldn't believe the difference. If you go to the gym every day and do the same routines, you're going to reach a dead end very fast.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #29
hayjoelb
Private
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
He's actually right. Muscle confusion helps a lot. I first heard about it in the 300 training video, tried it on my self and couldn't believe the difference. If you go to the gym every day and do the same routines, you're going to reach a dead end very fast.
He said the muscle confusion in p90x was more effective than a gym, which is complete bullshit. Guess what? That's why you *CHANGE* your routine lol

At a gym you can incorporate new exercises, switch between compound and isolated movements, change the angle and direction that you're hitting the muscles, adjust the volume in the sets, rearrange the days you work specific muscle groups...blah blah...the list can go ON AND ON!

Stop being afraid of looking like a weak p**sy and go join a gym. You'll get over it...I promise.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 01:22 AM   #30
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift90 View Post
I did p90x last year, its realllyy intense work out.. and really works also, honestly, follow there rules push yourself and keep up it, and you will feel better, look better etc!

Good buy i say..
Agreed, I've been on and off it for the past year and a half. It definately does the job. On and off due to work related reasons. The biggest thing you need to tackle is your diet. The workout helps and you really do feel great after but the diet is what will get you that sick mid section.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #31
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayjoelb View Post
He said the muscle confusion in p90x was more effective than a gym, which is complete bullshit. Guess what? That's why you *CHANGE* your routine lol

At a gym you can incorporate new exercises, switch between compound and isolated movements, change the angle and direction that you're hitting the muscles, adjust the volume in the sets, rearrange the days you work specific muscle groups...blah blah...the list can go ON AND ON!

Stop being afraid of looking like a weak p**sy and go join a gym. You'll get over it...I promise.
lol I do all that stuff AT THE GYM.. but unlike you I wasn't born knowing how to work out or know the theory of muscle confusion. Either way it wouldn't heart to watch the vids and incorporate some of the exercises in your routines at the gym.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #32
hayjoelb
Private
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
lol I do all that stuff AT THE GYM.. but unlike you I wasn't born knowing how to work out or know the theory of muscle confusion. Either way it wouldn't heart to watch the vids and incorporate some of the exercises in your routines at the gym.
Agreed! I just don't buy into the idea that p90x is somehow "better" than going to a gym. If anything it's a basic substitute at best. Like I said, it's a great introduction program. And trust me, I wasn't born with the knowledge either hehe. But that's the beautiful thing about the entire process...the more involved you become with making a "lifestyle" change, the more information and research you'll seek out.

Check out the ******* exercise and nutrition section. It's a great place to get new ideas or different perspectives
Appreciate 0