BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Anyone else from the Bay Area order the new M3?

Hey all just wanted to see who else from the bay area has one of these bad boys ordered? maybe wwe can arrange a photoshot and a cruze around the bay area.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
///MML
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

yea, I live in SF. I got nothing so far. Dealer says they haven't got any allocations yet (small dealer). I'm hoping to order in march/apr. #3 on the list.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #3
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MML View Post
yea, I live in SF. I got nothing so far. Dealer says they haven't got any allocations yet (small dealer). I'm hoping to order in march/apr. #3 on the list.
Your on the list at SF BMW? if yes are you getting MSRP? I know Sonnen BMW has a list as well but they have a 5k markup. I talked to Gert at the SF BMW and he told me they weren't taking orders. In fact he told me they had 6 allocations but only 1 of them went through. Most likely they already had pre-orders. Gert also told me they have one un claimed space gray with red inter M3 comming in not sure if it is still unclaimed.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
BMW of SF hasn't allocated any M3's yet. They have 6 dealer configured M's coming in over the next 2 months and have not set prices yet. They are going to let the market set pricing once the cars reach the dealerships.

Sonnen is already negotiating prices, but are charging premium's from 5 to 10K.

However, I've heard people getting premiums down to pretty low at Sonnen though.

Last edited by DJ9; 02-09-2008 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #5
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
BMW of SF hasn't allocated any M3's yet. They have 6 dealer configured M's coming in over the next 2 months and have not set prices yet. They are going to let the market set pricing once the cars reach the dealerships.

Sonnen is already negotiating prices, but are charging premium's from 5 to 10K.

However, I've heard people getting premiums down to pretty low at Sonnen though.
Yep way ahead of you on that. I was at sonnen back in november and around the same time for SF bmw. I was talking to gert that called me told me they already have one on order to their specs, I laughed came in a week later and was talking to him and drop the ohh I forgot to tell you my my M3 is already out of production and I was able to order to my specs. Sorry to waste your time just like you wasted mine with ordering what the "dealership" wanted.

BTW they only do that so that they can badge their cars so that it says SF BMW on the back. all custom orders would never let them do that.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #6
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
Yep way ahead of you on that. I was at sonnen back in november and around the same time for SF bmw. I was talking to gert that called me told me they already have one on order to their specs, I laughed came in a week later and was talking to him and drop the ohh I forgot to tell you my my M3 is already out of production and I was able to order to my specs. Sorry to waste your time just like you wasted mine with ordering what the "dealership" wanted.

BTW they only do that so that they can badge their cars so that it says SF BMW on the back. all custom orders would never let them do that.
Not sure what you're saying bud, sorry.

Yes the rear sticker thing is annoying, but it is only a sticker and not a badge. Like my current M3, which was a custom order from BMW of SF, I asked that they not put one on upon delivery.....no biggie.

Yes, I too have an order with an April delivery date despite BMW of SF's stance; I was just curious as to the feedback others in the bay were getting from the dealers.

If you do go to BMW of SF, work with Andy, the Sales Manager, as opposed to Gert(he has no clue)

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by DJ9; 02-10-2008 at 02:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
Not sure what you're saying bud, sorry.

Yes the rear sticker thing is annoying, but it is only a sticker and not a badge. Like my current M3, which was a custom order from BMW of SF, I asked that they not put one on upon delivery.....no biggie.

Yes, I too have an order with an April delivery date despite BMW of SF's stance; I was just curious as to the feedback others in the bay were getting from the dealers.

If you do go to BMW of SF, work with Andy, the Sales Manager, as opposed to Gert(he has no clue)

Thanks for the feedback!
Gert was jsut bounceing around trying to get me to commit to one of there dealer ordered M3's. But I clearly wanted to order mine the way I wanted it. gert couldnt understand that and gave me the "you wont be able to order for the next 2 years" speach. ya andy is a good guy, he wasnt there the day I spoke with gert or I would have talked with him.

Dunno I hear alot of people leave bad reviews about SF BMW for buying cars their. I only have ties with their wholeslae parts department and the guys behind those counters are great.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #8
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
Gert was jsut bounceing around trying to get me to commit to one of there dealer ordered M3's. But I clearly wanted to order mine the way I wanted it. gert couldnt understand that and gave me the "you wont be able to order for the next 2 years" speach. ya andy is a good guy, he wasnt there the day I spoke with gert or I would have talked with him.

Dunno I hear alot of people leave bad reviews about SF BMW for buying cars their. I only have ties with their wholeslae parts department and the guys behind those counters are great.
Ya, the parts dpt guys are pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #9
///MML
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I would never buy at BMW SF, too much greed. They marked up M5/6 $30k a couple years ago and probably do $15-20k on the M3. Service/parts dept is ok though. I got MSRP but dealer is in New Mexico (bought my e46/M3 there too).

Boris, do you think your sale guy @Concord would help my do a courtesy delivery for maybe $500? I may still go out to NM to pick up but have time to decide.
      02-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #10
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Not sure about $500. have you asked your dealer how much the delivery charges would be? I know someoen else was also looking to deliver to concord and were quoted $1500. BMW of concord told them they would rather sell tehm a M3 for $1500 over so that tehy wouldnt ahve to worry about Delivery charges.

I will ask my SA how much it would cost approx from new mexico. Think he would rather sell you one of there allocations though for the delivery charge price.

What status are you at in New Mexico?

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
///MML
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

No it's no trucking from NM to SF. My dealer would put the delivery address to concord. No addtional delivery fees except the $500 bucks for concord to prep the car. I did this with my e46 with a dealer in socal and it went very smoothly.

My dealer put the order in last saturday, but he still hasn't given me a production number. How long after order entry will I get a production number?
      02-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #12
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No it's no trucking from NM to SF. My dealer would put the delivery address to concord. No addtional delivery fees except the $500 bucks for concord to prep the car. I did this with my e46 with a dealer in socal and it went very smoothly.

My dealer put the order in last saturday, but he still hasn't given me a production number. How long after order entry will I get a production number?
depends on that status the allocation is. if your 112 you should have it already...but otherwise that all depends on what type of allocation the dealer has. its possible you might be waiting for a few months for the car.

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #13
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

I was given my production code during status 105. Currently at 112 now.

Code Description

0 Order deleted by NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production