BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

05-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

I still have trouble believing it. Banks get off on making you pay late fees.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #24
james426
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i Sedan

A long time ago when I was about 19 or 20 I worked for a collection agency. We had contracts with various companies ranging from Hydro companies to credit card companies (capital one specifically).

Anyway our calls actually sounded a lot like that....what we were asking for was a "cheque/pmt by phone" as opposed to having the card holder mail it or pay online. Reason for this was we were actually measured based on how many payments over the phone we got. In order to get this pmt over the phone we would need the branch number, etc. etc. (#'s found on your cheque).

Occassionaly we would have people with pretty good credit end up in our system for like a $20 balance on their card which was only a week or two past due. Those were the worst because you end up feeling like a prick for even calling about it lol

Anyway even though I did that job and it was legit, if someone was ever to call me asking for the same thing because I was behind I'd still pay online lol Better safe than sorry

Last point - never get a job at a collection agency it is the most depressing job as a teenager/young adult i ever had haha
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #25
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
I still have trouble believing it. Banks get off on making you pay late fees.
not anymore. (at least they're not as legally allowed to turn a blind eye anymore). I know several people that get phone calls if they forget to make a payment after a few days/week. I think it has something to do with that credit act.

But ti is pretty 'popular' now
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #26
06E90Rostik
2006 join date crew
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 335i  [10.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
I get ALL of my statements online, so no worries about scamers going through your trash. Plus, paper statements are not as updated as online ones.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #27
RatedM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport - JB Stage 1

scammmm, call the bank of america right away and check your acct for any purchases you did not make. Also i would change all your passwords to your bank accounts and any other important accts. A bank will not call you to tell you that you are late on a payment they could careless. They want to collect the interest. That type of information they can have someone working with in bank that can get that information. They can have a friend at a bank of america bank. They potentially have access to that type of information of what they knew right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
So this morning I got a call from an unknown number and the person on the phone said they were from bank of america in regards of my credit card. My card was overdue by a few days, she knew how much I owed, last 4 of card and the limit/total owed. I then made the payment online while talking to her and she said it would be best to cancel the transaction and do it over the phone so it goes in this day. I said ok make it happen, she then asked for my routing number (which is where I really got concerned), I asked if shes from BOA why does she need it from me. She put me on hold saying she would have to look it up came back and asked if I was ready to complete it. I told her I had to get off the phone bc I was at work could I get a call back number, and she was trying really hard to not let me get off the phone and wouldn't give me a call back number...

A bunch of things threw up red flags, but how did she know all my CC info?

Scam?

For your time:

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #28
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

I got a call on Sunday from a company called MCM (Midland Credit Management), and they told me i owe Citi Bank $6k. I was never a customer of Citi Bank. So i told the guy i will think about it and will call him back when im good and ready.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #29
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post
I got a call on Sunday from a company called MCM (Midland Credit Management), and they told me i owe Citi Bank $6k. I was never a customer of Citi Bank. So i told the guy i will think about it and will call him back when im good and ready.
You should have asked how hot it is in Mumbai.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #30
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06E90Rostik View Post
I get ALL of my statements online, so no worries about scamers going through your trash. Plus, paper statements are not as updated as online ones.
Since when is electronic information so secure...?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #31
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Since when is electronic information so secure...?
Well you already have the online accounts usually, then no one can steal your mail and no more shredding.