BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

01-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
anacondatp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 10' E92 M3 6MT, 15' F15 X5 35i

betalink or 3M on replica vacuum tech performance spoiler

i understand there are DIY on how to install the OEM performance spoiler and some uses betalink, some uses 3M. each has pros and cons.

now my question is what about the replica (NOT OEM) vacuum tech spoiler that a few vendors sell on here. anyone has experience with these before? did you use 3M or betalink? the reason i ask is because the spoiler is not a whole solid piece. it is vacuum tech so the inside is empty and i have no place on the front of the spoiler to put the 3M tape on.

i got a really good deal from a vendor on here for the spoiler and trust me, fitment is spot on. same high kick as oem as well which i am extremely happy. i just don't know which route to go because i can't really put 3M tape on the front side of the spoiler. the back side yes, but not the front...

tia for your help guys and gals
      01-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Rshane
M-Flight Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Regardless of which spoiler you go with, I wold personally recommend going with the Betalink. A much more permanent solution and you won't have to worry about the slight gap from using tape, someone stealing g the spoiler, or having the spoiler fly off on the highway (it happened to a forum member here. I used Betalink and couldn't be happier with the results as well as peace-of-mind about not having to worry about any of the aforementioned problems.

2015 Audi S4 Prestige, Brilliant Black S-tronic
2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
Appreciate 0