BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

11-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
I guess I don't have to worry about rod bearings anymore...

She did not yield the right of way when making a left turn with an amber turn light while I was going the opposite direction with a green light. She gunned it hoping she'd make it, clipped me, then hit a Denali, S4 and STI that were at the stop light.

I was hard onto the brakes and almost stopped. She slammed right into me in the middle of the intersection doing about 20mph.

All of my airbags deployed (except drivers a-pillar *update*). Car won't turn over. Frame Damage. Definitely a total loss.

I hit my head REALLY hard on the glass (ultimately was my drivers a-pillar *update*) (3 stitches). BMW Assist called me while I was figuring out whose blood was all over my face (mine) and sorted everything out for me as far as calling dispatch etc.

While it SUCKS that my car is patah, It's ultimately a feather in BMW's cap. I strongly believe that any Honda/Toyota or whatever would have resulted in an ambulance ride for me. The car did it's job, sadly that job was to keep me in one piece while it took the damage.

FML. Drive safe out there guys (and ladies), it seems the world is hell bent on leaving a mark of any sort on our cars.

Last edited by MFL; 12-12-2015 at 06:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #2
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Wow dude. Sad for you, but also very glad for you. Thank whomever or whatever you like to thank in these situations that you are ok.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #3
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Ouch...glad you are ok.
Its been decades since I was in a big smash...it took a surprising amount of time to fully regain my confidence.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 05:45 AM   #4
MFL
Major
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
I'm so going to feel it later today and tomorrow. I'm almost afraid to go to bed because I know I'll be stiff as hell when I wake up...well more so than usual, ha.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #5
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

Have your doc prescribe you a muscle relaxant... Just don't take it and drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #6
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Heh...I got lightly rear ended a couple of years ago and my neck is still giving me grief. Funniest thing was my daughter who was in the car with me got such a adrenaline hit from the shock she wanted to get out and fight the guy...I had to proper calm her down.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #7
MFL
Major
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawwadh View Post
Have your doc prescribe you a muscle relaxant... Just don't take it and drive.
Went to the ER, they gave me 3 stitches, a CT Scan, X-Rays (on my busted up fingers) and sent me home...still bleeding and without any form of pain relief.

I'm not a huge fan of Swedish right now to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #8
MFL
Major
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Heh...I got lightly rear ended a couple of years ago and my neck is still giving me grief. Funniest thing was my daughter who was in the car with me got such a adrenaline hit from the shock she wanted to get out and fight the guy...I had to proper calm her down.
Man, I was/still am REALLY loopy. Literally the BMW Assist guy had to tell me that I was in an accident and the blood all over me was likely my own. He already had ambulance/sheriff's dispatched before I came back to reality.

What's crazy is that i'm kind of having issues with my memory at the moment. I have no real concept of time, I don't really remember much detail after the wreck, just the major highlights. For instance, I grabbed a Coke 30 minutes ago and just now realized that I had one next to me this whole time.

This is going to be brutal. Thankfully I have some of the best health coverage in the world and an employer that pays my legal expenses. In spite of all of this bullshit, I still have plenty to be thankful for.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #9
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

Hate to play MD but you might want to at least go see your regular doctor. Sounds like you are having the side effects of a concussion... One thing I have learned is when you're in a wreck you want to make sure you get checked out properly. If you feel something was missed, misdiagnosed, or you just don't feel right seek medical advise (even if it means changing doctors).

The body has a bad habit of hiding some injuries and making them pop back up a long time later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
Man, I was/still am REALLY loopy. Literally the BMW Assist guy had to tell me that I was in an accident and the blood all over me was likely my own. He already had ambulance/sheriff's dispatched before I came back to reality.

What's crazy is that i'm kind of having issues with my memory at the moment. I have no real concept of time, I don't really remember much detail after the wreck, just the major highlights. For instance, I grabbed a Coke 30 minutes ago and just now realized that I had one next to me this whole time.

This is going to be brutal. Thankfully I have some of the best health coverage in the world and an employer that pays my legal expenses. In spite of all of this bullshit, I still have plenty to be thankful for.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #10
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thankfully I have some of the best health coverage in the world and an employer that pays my legal expenses..
The big smash I had was in Italy....I was doing about 70 mph down a long pitch black country road and came across a tractor, no lights or reflectors driven by a drunken bloke meandering down the middle of the road and I most definitely smashed the tractor into pieces.
I got checked out at the local hospital by a doctor smoking a cigarette who gave me a quick look over and said I was fine!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
Bavarian Beast
Too many wagons on the bahn.....
Rep
Drives: LMB 2011 BMW e93

Sorry to hear about your ride, but glad you aren't in ICU. Get checked out again given your current issues. Start planning for an M4?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #12
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Jeeze! Sorry man, glad you got away with minor injuries at least and she didn't smash you mid frame. Recover, Sue her for being stupid and get an M4. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Sorry man. Good luck on the road to recovery.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #14
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Good luck. My buddy that was in a recent crash was probably banged up the same as you described. The hospital kept him overnight and he couldn't do anything just incase the follow up scans found that he may need surgery.

Don't knock the japanese cars. My buddy smacked up an sti real good back in 2009, rolled it over etc. Came out in pretty good shape with no permanent damage.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #15
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq diesel View Post
Quote:

to play MD but you might want to at least go see your regular doctor. Sounds like you are having the side effects of a concussion... One thing I have learned is when you're in a wreck you want to make sure you get checked out properly. If you feel something was missed, misdiagnosed, or you just don't feel right seek medical advise (even if it means changing doctors).

The body has a bad habit of hiding some injuries and making them pop back up a long time later...
I'm not an MD but I completely agree.

OP - Were you feeling loopy in the ER and did you explain this to the MD?

You are still bleeding...How long has it been? They may have given you blood thinner or anticoagulant to reduce the risk of clotting

Brain trauma is not something to take lightly and if you are still feeling like this long after going home, I would go back to the ER. At the very least, call your doctor and see what he/she says. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Glad you weren't seriously injured - cars are insured and replaceable.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #16
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
I feel your pain. Glad you were not hurt badly. Almost wrecked mine twice in the last 2 weeks. Once my fault and the other someone else not paying attention. An excuse to get a 911 is how I view it. Good luck.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)

Last edited by PhillyNate; 11-30-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #17
Thik
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Grey E92 M3 6spd

lol@the thread title. Glad you are (relatively) fine. How was the other driver?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #18
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

That can be fixed easy, no way it's a total loss.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep
Drives: '19 Porsche C2S Cab_M3 DCT ZCP

Sorry. Good that the most important component* in the car (you) wasn't dinged up too badly.

*In my profession, the flight test engineers view us as components of the jet - meat servos.

Last edited by GVIFlyer; 11-30-2013 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #20
MFL
Major
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
That can be fixed easy, no way it's a total loss.
It can be fixed...by whomever wants to fix it. Once you're looking at frame damage and all airbags being deployed, it's considered a total loss.

Going back to the doctor today.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #21
ZEEM3R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq diesel
Hate to play MD but you might want to at least go see your regular doctor. Sounds like you are having the side effects of a concussion... One thing I have learned is when you're in a wreck you want to make sure you get checked out properly. If you feel something was missed, misdiagnosed, or you just don't feel right seek medical advise (even if it means changing doctors).

Quote:

Only a second year medical student but was thinking the same thing.
2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #22
Bemo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3 LRP Edition

Wow, glad you you're "ok." As for rod bearings, just buy another M and you can have your worries back!
Appreciate 0