BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

07-25-2020, 10:49 AM   #1
E Pluribus Unum
...trying to enjoy life...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3

Could use some advice

My problem....

I have a 2012 e92 M3 (DCT). I recently upgraded my paddles, swapped out my "m" and engine start/stop buttons to Red ones (steering wheel stayed on). Everything went smoothly with the install, but when I reconnected the battery, I received a "Dynamic Damping Control Malfunction!" I've since rechecked all wiring involved with the install, the front strut connections and swapped out the fuses....no luck. Scanned for codes and get 2...."CDB7 Message 0x326 (reception edc status)" and "A3B8 Electronic Damper Control, communication fault". I've tried clearing the codes using an AutoPhix 7910 scanner; it says cleared successfully but still the codes persist. At times when trying to clear the code I'll even receive a communication error.

What I see:

I have edc functionality via I-Drive...m-key setting and still notice differences between comfort, normal and sport; edc lights on the center console illuminates...but only through I-drive. When I attempt via the m-button configuration, no dice and trying to change the settings manually via the edc button does nothing. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0