BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

03-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Just came back from seeing M3's live, SS2/FR sedan & MR/BB coupe

Yes, I know it's worthless without pics. My iPhone only takes blur shots of late, however.

SS2/FR sedan: Polished, prepped and on the showroom floor. No test drive, but I could start the engine. Didn't rev it, idle sounds tasteful. SS2 didn't have as much blue as I would have liked. Wife -> "I thought you said there was blue in it." "No pop" I said and the sales manager agreed. Sedan shape is great in RL. The car looks "meaner" than the old E46. The FR was extended and all I can say is it is more brick red then almost any of the amateur photos we have seen -- on my monitor, the dark BMWUSA configurator pics have it dead-on. It looks nothing like Cinnamon or Coral as some pics have made it. Wife -> "That's like a brick." The Novillo leather is noticeably better than the regular 3 serious leather and my old M's leather. Wife -> "Ooo this leather is nice and soft." Carbon leather trim looks great as others have said. Steering wheel is slightly smaller, feels nice. Sedan lacked tech package for some reason but had every other option + Nav. Wish I could have driven it and the coupe to compare EDC/nonEDC. Premium sound seemed good, didn't play with the bass much.

MR/BB coupe: Just off the truck, no PDI. Color was very dull because of this. Wife -> "Plenty of orange in that red" and I concurred. Dealer got sunroof for himself, this car was not being sold. Beige looks beige, got the official "ugh no" from the wife. Backseat room grudgingly earned acceptance for carseats. Wife -> "Boy that M5 is roomy." Me -> "Be careful what you say around me."

Good trip overall. Plus, finally, my order is in! Status 111: May Production: IB/Silver Extended Coupe, ZPP, ZTP, DCT, 19's, PDC, sunshade, Sat, USB, Premium sound.

Last edited by Keto; 03-07-2008 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
marcos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: jerez m3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
Yes, I know it's worthless without pics. My iPhone only takes blur shots of late, however.

Backseat room grudgingly earned acceptance for carseats. Wife -> "Boy that M5 is roomy." Me -> "Be careful what you say around me."

Good trip overall. Plus, finally, my order is in! Status 111: May Production: IB/Silver Extended Coupe, ZPP, ZTP, DCT, 19's, PDC, sunshade, Sat, USB, Premium sound.
My wife liked the M5's size for a "family car". That is, until she saw the sticker price.....

e92 M3 Jerez Black, Fox Red Interior, Heated Seats, Satellite Radio, 18's
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
nechronics
Lieutenant
Syria
Rep
Drives: M3

Excellent, good to hear more clarification on FR as it still remains a mystery to me while my car sits lonely at the docks. Wife's comments are very much appreciated - everyone here is so desensitized to the car I don't trust anyone - need an objective outsider's view

Thanks a lot and congrats - love the IB/Silver
      03-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

I cant wait to see FR
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
My dealer just called me and told me he has a coupe in Red and a sedan in silver. I'm going tomorrow to take pictures and to get the test drive he promised me. Gosh I'm so excited to finally see it in person and drive it.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 2017 340i, 6sp, MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post

SS2/FR sedan: Polished, prepped and on the showroom floor. No test drive, but I could start the engine. Didn't rev it, idle sounds tasteful. SS2 didn't have as much blue as I would have liked. Wife -> "I thought you said there was blue in it." "No pop" I said and the sales manager agreed. Sedan shape is great in RL. The car looks "meaner" than the old E46. The FR was extended and all I can say is it is more brick red then almost any of the amateur photos we have seen -- on my monitor, the dark BMWUSA configurator pics have it dead-on. It looks nothing like Cinnamon or Coral as some pics have made it. Wife -> "That's like a brick." The Novillo leather is noticeably better than the regular 3 serious leather and my old M's leather. Wife -> "Ooo this leather is nice and soft." Carbon leather trim looks great as others have said. Steering wheel is slightly smaller, feels nice. Sedan lacked tech package for some reason but had every other option + Nav. Wish I could have driven it and the coupe to compare EDC/nonEDC. Premium sound seemed good, didn't play with the bass much.

MR/BB coupe: Just off the truck, no PDI. Color was very dull because of this. Wife -> "Plenty of orange in that red" and I concurred. Dealer got sunroof for himself, this car was not being sold. Beige looks beige, got the official "ugh no" from the wife. Backseat room grudgingly earned acceptance for carseats. Wife -> "Boy that M5 is roomy." Me -> "Be careful what you say around me."

Love the quotes from the wife
Appreciate 0