BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

07-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #23
tma1c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 6MT M3

you can adjust different things to make it look a lot better. Get a refund if you are expecting perfect fitment as you will never get it with cf hoods. thats a fact.

Last edited by tma1c; 07-18-2012 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #24
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tma1c View Post
you can adjust different things to make it look a lot better. Get a refund if you are expecting perfect fitment as you will never get it with cf hoods. thats a fact.
I would disagree on that. I have had some high end hoods that fit perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
tma1c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I would disagree on that. I have had some high end hoods that fit perfectly.
Please tell me which one. I probably have owned one at some point, lol. all i buy is cf.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #26
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Please tell me which one. I probably have owned one at some point, lol. all i buy is cf.
CWest
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #27
tma1c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
CWest
Never liked their bmw parts so I have no experience with their products. But when people say perfect fitment, that means oem fitment to me. I have yet to see perfect fitment on cf body parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #28
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Never liked their bmw parts so I have no experience with their products. But when people say perfect fitment, that means oem fitment to me. I have yet to see perfect fitment on cf body parts.
Well this hood was definitely OEM fitment. Best I have ever seen.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #29
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV9 View Post
the title of this thread made me lol...

but seriously, i hope this issue gets resolved for you, i've been in contact with them for several parts, so it'd be good to see what the outcome of your situation is.
Will update this thread accordingly so check back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00 View Post
I told you their customer service skills suck but you jumped on my thread defending them now you see why i made the thread.

Thank god i didnt actually buy anything from them and had to deal with them after the sale.

Good luck with getting your car straightened out and hopefully PYSpeed should return your money and pay for shipping. Its not your fault that the product wasnt up to par on this particular occasion.

PYSpeed- Why come up with lame excuses instead of saying no problem ship it back we will get you another one.
I was waiting for you to get in on this. Now I agree though, after sale is such a headache. At the time though it was my duty to defend a company which I thought would take care of me, guess that is not the case now! What company did you decide to order through?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
Thanks for the compliment! His response is BS. At the very least, the hood is too low, not too high. Good luck man! Hopefully it works out for you.
Thanks brother! Me too and you are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeedM3 View Post
Wow... I am sorry that looks horrible. The fitment is ebay at best (for lack of better words).

I have one of the early akrym motorsport splitters on my car and it fits decent. Not factory, but better then most aftermarket lips.

That being said its a tough market and maybe they are using a new source to build their parts.

Best of luck, and FWIW I would be returning that.
Supply and demand is something these guys needs to learn about. Even if the market is tough, I'm sure there is a huge market, myself included, for people that are willing to pay a few hundred more dollars to get that 100% fitment. A stock hood + paint was running me $900 CAD more than this, would I have put $4/500 CAD more into this? If fitment was GUARANTEED then hell yea. Sadly, fitment was guaranteed but it just did not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I would definitely return the hood (and the tow hook for that matter).
I am still on the fence about the tow hook.. Don't hate me for it.

Quote:
I will get back to you on this. Arkym hoods actually fit very well. Shame about this one in particular.

Quote:
Well this hood was definitely OEM fitment. Best I have ever seen.
Am I right in believing CWest and Vorsteiner make parts together? Regardless I have seen CWest products and they are straight money, especially on the E46M's.

----

Last exchange between Bobby and I.

Bobby

There is a huge trust issue as this product is $2000 plus all the shipping charges that Pyspeed has to pay before Arkym ships. We have been burned more than enough times with the customers not sending the "defective" product back. You can understand our plight.
How about this can you pay $1000 and we will rush a new one out to you. Once Arkym receives the 'defective" one they will inspect it and if found to be defective then you will be reimbursed the shipping to them and the $1000. If the hood is found not to be defective then we will only reimburse the $1000 minus the shipping charge to you.

Does this sound fair?

Myself

Why should I go more out of pocket to cover a mistake that was created by vendor and product maker? To be honest I am standing my ground, past customers and your experience are not something I should suffer for. I am well known on the forums, internationally and nationally, I have no issues with sending the hood back but not until I receive a new one. Also, I can send you 100 pictures to show you the condition of the hood that isn't the issue. I know there is nothing wrong with it besides horrendous fitment issues and right now my word is stronger than yours and Arkym's. I will be posting these 2 messages on the forums, I would appreciate open replies so the community can see whether or not you are trying to help above and beyond the norm, and so that as a single person people can see I have nothing to hide. Words are binding, something you guys should learn, not for my benefit but for yours if there was ever a time you would have to go against me because I did not follow through on my end.

I look forward to your reply on the forums.

Regards,
James
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #30
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Am I right in believing CWest and Vorsteiner make parts together? Regardless I have seen CWest products and they are straight money, especially on the E46M's.
I highly doubt it. CWest is in Japan. Vorsteiner does their stuff here in CA.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #31
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Bobby

There is a huge trust issue as this product is $2000 plus all the shipping charges that Pyspeed has to pay before Arkym ships. We have been burned more than enough times with the customers not sending the "defective" product back. You can understand our plight.
How about this can you pay $1000 and we will rush a new one out to you. Once Arkym receives the 'defective" one they will inspect it and if found to be defective then you will be reimbursed the shipping to them and the $1000. If the hood is found not to be defective then we will only reimburse the $1000 minus the shipping charge to you.

Does this sound fair?

Myself

Why should I go more out of pocket to cover a mistake that was created by vendor and product maker? To be honest I am standing my ground, past customers and your experience are not something I should suffer for. I am well known on the forums, internationally and nationally, I have no issues with sending the hood back but not until I receive a new one. Also, I can send you 100 pictures to show you the condition of the hood that isn't the issue. I know there is nothing wrong with it besides horrendous fitment issues and right now my word is stronger than yours and Arkym's. I will be posting these 2 messages on the forums, I would appreciate open replies so the community can see whether or not you are trying to help above and beyond the norm, and so that as a single person people can see I have nothing to hide. Words are binding, something you guys should learn, not for my benefit but for yours if there was ever a time you would have to go against me because I did not follow through on my end.

Regards,
James
That is the typical reply from any vendor. You should be the one that suffers, not them.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

Quote:

Bobby

Does this sound fair?

Myself

Regards,
James
Agree with James 100%.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #33
Digitalwok
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 IB

Garage List
2010 Cervelo S3  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Audi Q7  [0.00]
Wow...what a horrior story. Since this was opened to the public at large maybe we (the members of the forum) can mediate a bit as we are not personally involved.

That said, here is my 2 cents. For what its worth, I do not think Bobby's request is completely out of line. I have returned may large items in the past and many vendors ask for monies in holding (done via a credit card) and in case the other product is not returned. What about having monies put in escrow?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #34
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

i think putting an authorization on a CC with contingency for $1k is fair.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #35
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

I think good faith has already been shown by buyer during the initial purchase. He paid prior to being shipped product. In my mind, the trust has already been established. If vendor is concerned about buyer not returning product, I don't think there should be concern as the buyer holds product he's not happy with...he doesn't want it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #36
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

hrmmm.. i think what PySpeed suggested is NOT beyond reason. If you buy products from any major outlets and demand that you get a NEW product before shipping your badly made product back, they will for sure make you pay for that. Also Pyspeed isnt the one making the bumper, they are supplying it for Arkym, therefore it is BEYOND their control to ship you a new one before paying for it. They're just the middle man. Im not saying that shipping you a bad hood is right, im just saying that they are within reason for what they're suggesting for the solution. Imo, they're being nicer than normal since they're only asking you for $1k instead of the full $2k.

Im not sure what the problem is if you think that the hood is for sure badly made and that its not your shop that couldnt install the hood correctly or if possibly your fenders were mis aligned. They're doing what normal businesses would do.

Just my 2 cents.

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #37
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
i think putting an authorization on a CC with contingency for $1k is fair.
Is that like, when you rent a car or a hotel room, and they put this additional charge on your credit card, in case of damage, etc.? And the hold is left there until a 2-3 after you return the car/ check out of the hotel room?

I agree it's what you would normally expect.
  • You order a product.
  • You get a defective product.
  • You ship the defective product back. You pay for the shipping to send it back. Although I've seen companies go above and beyond. Like pay for the product to be shipped back. But I don't think most do that. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
  • They check the product.
  • The product is defective, they refund you for the original product + the supplemental shipping costs.

But James must feel like he's been "victimized" twice. I would be pretty ticked off myself if I paid $2000 for a hood, found that it was of poor quality, and had to pay for the hood to be shipped back, and then wait patiently for the other party to examine the hood and determine whether or not it was defective after all.

Kinda like when you get a new car, and then it starts giving you all sorts of trouble. Dealer's going to keep repairing it - rather than giving you a new car - and, if it's quite expensive and will cost the manufacturer $$/$$$, waiting until the dealership obtains authorization from head office to go ahead and repair the customer's car under warranty.
      07-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #38
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Since these items are never test fitted after they are made, there is no way to know fitment before customers receive. Even if he sends it back, they could claim that there's nothing wrong with it. Most of the carbon parts suppliers use a disclaimer on their parts to have a way out of things not fitting.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #39
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Since these items are never test fitted after they are made, there is no way to know fitment before customers receive. Even if he sends it back, they could claim that there's nothing wrong with it. Most of the carbon parts suppliers use a disclaimer on their parts to have a way out of things not fitting.
If James is not satisfied, does he have the option of returning the hood for a full refund? (minus the shipping if they claim it's not defective I guess)

Then I imagine the vendor will have the settle it with the manufacturer. The vendor won't want to be stuck with a defective hood he can't sell, right?
      07-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #40
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
If James is not satisfied, does he have the option of returning the hood for a full refund? (minus the shipping if they claim it's not defective I guess)

Then I imagine the vendor will have the settle it with the manufacturer. The vendor won't want to be stuck with a defective hood he can't sell, right?
No idea. That's up to the vendor's policy on returns.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #41
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Is that like, when you rent a car or a hotel room, and they put this additional charge on your credit card, in case of damage, etc.? And the hold is left there until a 2-3 after you return the car/ check out of the hotel room?

Exactly
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #42
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

well i'm definitely steering clear of these guys...definitely not worth the headache, sorry OP.
      07-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #43
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

What a nightmare -
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #44
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States