BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

07-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
rngrjag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

DTEC H8 V7s

Decided I didn't need the color adjustability of the Lux. So ordered a set of the DTEC V7s from E92-Lighting.

Bought late Feb 2014, installed Mar 2014, burned out today. When installing, one of the pins was unseated and wouldn't light so I had to fix that (passenger side). Driver's side burned out today. Car has 6,000 miles on it and is not a daily driver.

I sent the vendor an email late this afternoon, and will let you know what I hear about replacement. Anyone else have this issue?

Exceedingly frustrating to "upgrade" an OEM part with an LED part that is supposed to last longer, is many multiples more expensive, and burns out in a matter of months. Worse is that you look like a tool driving your M3 with half of your halos out.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #2
UroGator
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 MR E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngrjag
Decided I didn't need the color adjustability of the Lux. So ordered a set of the DTEC V7s from E92-Lighting.

Bought late Feb 2014, installed Mar 2014, burned out today. When installing, one of the pins was unseated and wouldn't light so I had to fix that (passenger side). Driver's side burned out today. Car has 6,000 miles on it and is not a daily driver.

I sent the vendor an email late this afternoon, and will let you know what I hear about replacement. Anyone else have this issue?

Exceedingly frustrating to "upgrade" an OEM part with an LED part that is supposed to last longer, is many multiples more expensive, and burns out in a matter of months. Worse is that you look like a tool driving your M3 with half of your halos out.
I went with the LUXs for this reason alone. I have read too many posts about the DTECs burning out too quickly.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

I have had multiple issues with mine. One of my drivers lasted about 20 minutes after initially being installed. A couple months down the road they both went out.

Now to be fair the vendor has replaced the drivers each time after I ship the broken ones back. I'm at the point though that I would rather pay a bit more for something that isn't going to break every 2 months and me be out time and more shipping cost.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #4
rngrjag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

I have been in contact with the vendor over the weekend.

I think this shows two things:

1. They are following this board closely. (Good for consumers)
2. They have excellent customer service and are genuinely concerned about pleasing customers and their brand. (Good for consumers.)

I am very encouraged by the private messages I have received from the vendor and am impressed with their prompt response and concern (especially since it was over the weekend.) Nothing is resolved, and I am still upset that the product failed. However, of my own volition, I think it fair that I note that nearly all products have some failure rate, and I am always most impressed when something goes wrong and the vendor/manufacturer attempts to make it right. This sort of behavior engenders goodwill and customer loyalty.

Anyway, kudos to E92-Lighting for responding to a website thread within 5 hours.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 12:19 AM   #5
emac08
got em' son
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i sold / 08 E90 M3 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngrjag View Post
I have been in contact with the vendor over the weekend.

I think this shows two things:

1. They are following this board closely. (Good for consumers)
2. They have excellent customer service and are genuinely concerned about pleasing customers and their brand. (Good for consumers.)

I am very encouraged by the private messages I have received from the vendor and am impressed with their prompt response and concern (especially since it was over the weekend.) Nothing is resolved, and I am still upset that the product failed. However, of my own volition, I think it fair that I note that nearly all products have some failure rate, and I am always most impressed when something goes wrong and the vendor/manufacturer attempts to make it right. This sort of behavior engenders goodwill and customer loyalty.

Anyway, kudos to E92-Lighting for responding to a website thread within 5 hours.

I had issues with my lighting too. Derrick went above and beyond with excellent customer service. Couldn't be happier with the resolution. Hang in there. I would buy again if I needed to.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 02:02 AM   #6
delusional
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3

my passenger side burned out too then a few months later my driver side went out. but they replaced both ballasts and it seems to be going good so far.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #7
skl007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Uh oh, I just got these. Hopefully they last a while
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngrjag View Post

Most vendors/manufacturers will guarantee that their kits will last a certain period of time and will offer free replacement if they dont.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #9
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

dear members, we are very sorry about this issue, our earlier prototype issues have already been fully fixed and resolved. in the OP's case, everything was fully resolved and upgraded to our latest DTEC V9.5s which are the evolution of our DTEC V7s, all connections have been refortified with extra barriers of protection on of top of adding 5M == 2 inches of extra wiring, this will help with friendly user install in an already very tight headlight compartment area, and please follow our Installation guide, there is the correct way, which requires time and finesse, or the incorrect way, installing our DTECs incorrectly will have issues eventually, please PM us or Email us to check whether the install was done correctly, the correct method to install our DTECS are already uploaded online via our website.
Appreciate 0