BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers

BPM

12-13-2008, 02:19 AM   #23
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3716815

i'm not a bbk guy, but apparently another member reports some unique problems and nuances about this monoblock kit (mainly in regards to pad changing and fitment under 18"s)
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 03:21 AM   #24
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3716815

i'm not a bbk guy, but apparently another member reports some unique problems and nuances about this monoblock kit (mainly in regards to pad changing and fitment under 18"s)
so? 2k for the set? I will take it RIGHT NOW! haha
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #25
phattbam
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Protonic Blue i3 REx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
Looks opened to me. Good price, I'd be all over this if I had the cash.
open box price now
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #26
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit523 View Post
sorry cant coz i am not allow to
it's one of the vendor in this forum all i can say
This is a REALLY annoying, recurring theme on this forum. People here seem to think that the vender is giving them a "special price, but don't tell anyone" crap the sales people give.
I've PM'ed people here about where they got stuff, or how much they got it for and NO ONE ever responds. This is the only forum this happens on. It's pretty pathetic. Either you have the product already or you're not going to buy it and was just shopping around, wo what's the big deal. This comment isn't necessarily directed only at kit523, particularly since I'm not looking for a BBK, but just a general comment about the members here, and how they let the venders manipulate them here.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #27
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
This is a REALLY annoying, recurring theme on this forum. People here seem to think that the vender is giving them a "special price, but don't tell anyone" crap the sales people give.
I've PM'ed people here about where they got stuff, or how much they got it for and NO ONE ever responds. This is the only forum this happens on. It's pretty pathetic. Either you have the product already or you're not going to buy it and was just shopping around, wo what's the big deal. This comment isn't necessarily directed only at kit523, particularly since I'm not looking for a BBK, but just a general comment about the members here, and how they let the venders manipulate them here.
I guess the vendors are trying to avoid a price war thus eliminating any decent profit margin.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #28
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

Quote:
hmmmm.....oh well i am sorry i shouldnt even say anything then LOL
anyways yeah i am sorry guys= =
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #29
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I guess the vendors are trying to avoid a price war thus eliminating any decent profit margin.
I understand that to some extent, but why should the price be different from one person to another? Maybe it's really the same price, but they act like they're giving you this great deal so make you feel good about buying it.

And there's no price war here. If you haven't noticed, the prices are pretty much the same for all items here, like and AFE filter, black out grill/gills and so one.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #30
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry for this t-jack but I agree.

What I find humorous are the folks that post something like this "Big thanks to Carl at Bongo Parts Outlet for selling me $10K worth of exhaust and wheels at near full retail. I hope you think I'm a good customer, please let me know if I can do anything for Bongo PO."

All the vendors are selling the same small list of parts, for about the same price, little innovation, few true performance parts.

I particularly love the "pre-order" hype. Sell it all before it arrives is a great deal for the retailer. Few parts are as limited as they may be made to appear.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #31
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

do you still have the brakes ? now do these brake calipers stick out more than stock ?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #32
DeViouS
///DVS Diverse Vehicle Style
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Sedan 6M

Sales pending..
      01-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #33
DeViouS
///DVS Diverse Vehicle Style
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Sedan 6M

****SOLD*****
      01-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #34
phattbam
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Protonic Blue i3 REx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViouS View Post
****SOLD*****
to who??? a mutual friend?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #35
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Congrats on the sale.
Appreciate 0