BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

04-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Dinan Racing Rear Toe Links

http://www.dinancars.com/store/produ...cat=787&page=1

What do you guys think of these?
      04-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Not really sure. In terms of adjustment, the stock links should provide a pretty good range... my car is lowered 0.5"+ and have no problems with alignment.

Perhaps the Dinan links reduce the amount of flex from the factory bushings?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #3
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

It will make it easier to adjust the toe and camber separately. With the stock rear arms, the toe arm is right next to the camber arm, so when you adjust the camber, you will also change the toe. Bryan, at JIC/Cross was showing me how much the toe changes as you adjust the camber a couple weeks ago when I went in for more negative camber in back. He then had to adjust the toe after he got the camber I wanted.

With really lowered cars, some have posted difficulty getting the toe to the setting they want because of the negative camber they had to set for tire/wheels clearance. I believe Rogue has a toe arm too for this reason.
The owner of JIC/Cross was looking at the arms and saying an adjustable upper arm that's right in line with the rear hub would be the arm change since you could adjust the camber easily without changing the toe.

I don't know about that flexing or stability of the stock arm, but I'm not at that level of a driver yet.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
It will make it easier to adjust the toe and camber separately. With the stock rear arms, the toe arm is right next to the camber arm, so when you adjust the camber, you will also change the toe. Bryan, at JIC/Cross was showing me how much the toe changes as you adjust the camber a couple weeks ago when I went in for more negative camber in back. He then had to adjust the toe after he got the camber I wanted.
The mounting points are still the same between Dinan and stock, so how does it make it easier (in terms of reducing the "crosstalk" effect)?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

I think they are mainly there to reduce flex.
Thats what I gathered from the video.
      04-05-2010, 01:08 AM   #6
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
The mounting points are still the same between Dinan and stock, so how does it make it easier (in terms of reducing the "crosstalk" effect)?
The arm they were talking about is the one right above the spindle/hub. It's pretty far from the toe arm, where as on the stock car, the camber arm and toe arm right right next to each other. You may still get some crosstalk, but not nearly as much as with the stock camber arm.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 06:34 AM   #7
930Man
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

typically I have always used this sort of item on any road course track car I had, we used for ease of adjustment and rigidity, remove the flex of bushind.. helped under braking and stayed in alignment longer on a very hard pushed track car

2009 AW M3
1995 E36 full race
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
ff1600
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CP 6mt YMB/SB

Rogue

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merc...y_Code=CTRLARM

Same thing, half the price.
Appreciate 0