BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-29-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
Niro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 C4S Cab (after M3)

Question Colour Combo Decision...

Hey guys,

I have a 330Ci M-Sport Cab in Individual Ruby Red II Metallic with Individual Champagne Nappa. I'm first on the local-stealer's list for a M3 Cab, but cannot decide on the colour.

Gimme your thoughts...

1) If you have seen Moonstone Individual, then what do you think of it?
2) If you had to pick between Interlagos Blue and Silverstone II, then which would you choose?
3) Is Individual paintwork on a M3 worth the extra cost, bearing in mind that there are unique M-division only colours (to separate it from the basic models)?
4) What standard-leather interior colour would look good with Interlagos?
5) What standard-leather interior colour would look good with Silverstone II?
6) Is it true that Grey interiors do not command as much demand when it comes to selling the car?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
So you want us to spec out what you will like?
      08-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

Should every post require such disdain? You could get enough posts to look like an expert without always being negative.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post

Quote:
2) If you had to pick between Interlagos Blue and Silverstone II, then which would you choose?
Interlagos, absolutely no contest.

Quote:
3) Is Individual paintwork on a M3 worth the extra cost, bearing in mind that there are unique M-division only colours (to separate it from the basic models)?
Are you sure there are M-Only colors? When looking at the brochure, I thought that they were the same as on the regular E92. But I could just be remembering wrong.

Quote:
Black.

Quote:
Dunno.

Quote:
6) Is it true that Grey interiors do not command as much demand when it comes to selling the car?
Don't know. But I would never let resale value decide on my purchase choice. I mean you are talking about a tiny difference in resale at most. Probably pennies a day over the entire period you own the the car. Why would you sweat about that when you are buying a $70k (or £70k) car?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNurs View Post
Should every post require such disdain? You could get enough posts to look like an expert without always being negative.
Do you have a VooDoo doll of me?
      08-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Do you have a VooDoo doll of me?
if i imagine a voodoo dall of epacy ill think of a darth maul doll
lol

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
Niro
Private First Class
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
So you want us to spec out what you will like?
Thanks for your useful remark. I note that you have 931 posts so far, and wonder if you are the sort who likes to tot-up your posts by giving meaningless comments (as per above) to get a big number to show how clever you are.

My questions were to gauge the opinions of other M3 fans. I think that the new M3 is very colour-sensitive, i.e. the emphasis of its lines is signficantly affected by the paintwork. For example, black looks a little boring on this car from the photos I have seen thus far, whereas white accentuates the muscular lines. The British weather (cloudy and rain/dirt-splashes) and British vandalism-loving yobs necessitate that certain colours are excluded. As I shall be buying the car brand-new and do not have an idea of how its resale value shall fare, I wanted to get an idea of popular colour combos.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 05:03 PM   #8
13eastie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Hey guys,

I have a 330Ci M-Sport Cab in Individual Ruby Red II Metallic with Individual Champagne Nappa. I'm first on the local-stealer's list for a M3 Cab, but cannot decide on the colour.

Gimme your thoughts...

Thanks!
FWIW, I've seen the grey interior and it looks pretty awful. It would certainly deter me from buying a used car, as would Individual combos generally.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #9
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Quote:
Hey guys,

Gimme your thoughts...

Thanks!
1. I think Moonstone is a very interresting colour, the thing is though that you really have to see it IRL to decide.
2. Personally I think Silverstone II is a bit too light, on the other hand, I do think a grey scale suits the M3 better than Interlagos Blue.
3. Sometimes the M-Division colours are part of the Individual program, i.e. Carbon Black on the Z4. I guess part of the idea with Individual colours is to stand out, and if there are lots of M3's in your area then Moonstone would definitely stand out from all the others. I went with Jerez Black, knowing that the only time I will run into another M3 would be on special BMW events. I have no problem paying a premium for the Individual paintwork and do considder this as an option. - As mentioned too many times now in various posts, I really need to see some _good_ pictures of the Jerez Black ASAP.
4. Black.
5. Black.
6. Depends on who you are selling it too. I had an E46 320i with grey interior. I loved it, but do think that black is more sexy.
      08-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #10
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for your useful remark. I note that you have 931 posts so far, and wonder if you are the sort who likes to tot-up your posts by giving meaningless comments (as per above) to get a big number to show how clever you are.

My questions were to gauge the opinions of other M3 fans. I think that the new M3 is very colour-sensitive, i.e. the emphasis of its lines is signficantly affected by the paintwork. For example, black looks a little boring on this car from the photos I have seen thus far, whereas white accentuates the muscular lines. The British weather (cloudy and rain/dirt-splashes) and British vandalism-loving yobs necessitate that certain colours are excluded. As I shall be buying the car brand-new and do not have an idea of how its resale value shall fare, I wanted to get an idea of popular colour combos.

My remark was intended to promote individual thought. Follow your heart, my son.
      08-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #11
M2002
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 330i, 16 i3 REX

Quote:

Thanks!
1.) I have not personally seen Moonstone Individual but from these pics in this link i think it looks very nice.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63557.

2.) I think a good alternative to Interlagos Blue is BMW's Individual color called Blue Onyx Metallic. Here is BMW's Individual visualizer.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/index_high...visualizer.xml

Hope i helped a bit.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #12
Niro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2002 View Post
1.) I have not personally seen Moonstone Individual but from these pics in this link i think it looks very nice.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63557.

2.) I think a good alternative to Interlagos Blue is BMW's Individual color called Blue Onyx Metallic. Here is BMW's Individual visualizer.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/index_high...visualizer.xml

Hope i helped a bit.
Thanks for your message M2002.

1) Yeah, I've seen those pics of the M5 in Moonstone before. Unfortunately, I have only seen one other clear photo of another car in Moonstone (in Spain I think) elsewhere on the Net. The swatches that dealers have are never representative. Do you know of any other sites showing Moonstone? P.S. I have seen a 6-series in Moonstone in real life, but I think that the 6 is very ugly, and Moonstone served to worsen its bulbous and clumpy looks.

2) In the U.K., there is a trend for people to scratch/ damage cars that are clean/ nice/ better than their own, unlike in Dubai and most other parts of the World. If I went for Blue Onyx - which looks absolutely stunning - then it wouldn't be long before somebody leaves me with a bill for a new paint-job. It's sad that I can't enjoy my hard-earned money the way that I wish to - especially as it does not affect anybody else - but that it life in England!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #13
bulletproof
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

I think the Ruby Black with Fox Red and 19's would look sick!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 06:16 PM   #14
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

Yeh, I am too worried big time about some Jackass 'keying' up my car. Will a individual paint colour repair cost more than a 'regular' paint repair? If its more expensive I may reconsider the indvidual Ruby Black that I want.

Quote:

1) Yeah, I've seen those pics of the M5 in Moonstone before. Unfortunately, I have only seen one other clear photo of another car in Moonstone (in Spain I think) elsewhere on the Net. The swatches that dealers have are never representative. Do you know of any other sites showing Moonstone? P.S. I have seen a 6-series in Moonstone in real life, but I think that the 6 is very ugly, and Moonstone served to worsen its bulbous and clumpy looks.

2) In the U.K., there is a trend for people to scratch/ damage cars that are clean/ nice/ better than their own, unlike in Dubai and most other parts of the World. If I went for Blue Onyx - which looks absolutely stunning - then it wouldn't be long before somebody leaves me with a bill for a new paint-job. It's sad that I can't enjoy my hard-earned money the way that I wish to - especially as it does not affect anybody else - but that it life in England!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 06:18 PM   #15
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

Yeh thats the combo I want plus indvidual Piano black trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletproof View Post
I think the Ruby Black with Fox Red and 19's would look sick!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #16
M2002
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 330i, 16 i3 REX

Quote:

I feel sorry for the fact that you cant enjoy your money on stunning looks due to some idiots who are jealous or have no respect for other people's property, but i think (although i have no experience living in England) the color of the car is not your main concern if you are buying a M3, i mean they will surely understand that a M3 is a special car if they were planning to abuse it? Well what do i know.

(I agree with your opinion on the M6). As for the Moonstone color i tried searching but unfortunately i couldnt find any other websites showing this color.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 05:41 AM   #17
Niro
Private First Class
Rep

Has anyone seen, or better, have photos, of the following mix:

BRILLIANT WHITE INDIVIDUAL PAINT with RUST BROWN INDIVIDUAL Leather. It's currently available on the standard 6.

How does Brilliant White look different from Alpine White?

Simply stunning combo though... perhaps if I have saved my pennies by the time my stealer calls me to spec the car, then I can go for it!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #18
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Has anyone seen, or better, have photos, of the following mix:

BRILLIANT WHITE INDIVIDUAL PAINT with RUST BROWN INDIVIDUAL Leather. It's currently available on the standard 6.

How does Brilliant White look different from Alpine White?

Simply stunning combo though... perhaps if I have saved my pennies by the time my stealer calls me to spec the car, then I can go for it!
Definitely Individual Rust Brown is a must for me in at least Extended trim... it should be stunning with white or any of the blacks or blues.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #19
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Individual paint repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM3 View Post
Yeh, I am too worried big time about some Jackass 'keying' up my car. Will a individual paint colour repair cost more than a 'regular' paint repair? If its more expensive I may reconsider the indvidual Ruby Black that I want.
Individual paint should not cost any more to repair. All paint colors should be available from the usual suppliers.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 12:46 AM   #20
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Silverstone II.... I think lighter colours work better on the E92 body... even though I'm a sucker for Black cars.

Quote:
I wouldn't do it... there is a chance that when they release the E93 M3, there will be additional standard colours for it.

Quote:
Black interior.

Quote:
Fox Red all the way.

Quote:
Well, I see a lot of BMW's with grey interiors, so I don't think that will be a problem to sell... but then again different markets and parts of the world have different colour preferences.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 02:00 AM   #21
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Anyone think there is a chance for LSB?

LSB would be a very hard color me to say no to!

Jason
      09-03-2007, 03:05 AM   #22
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

I'm sure there'll be someone who has asked for the E92 to be painted in that colour. There better be someone who's asked for it in that colour!