BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #353
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Race Race Race and it is my daily driver
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #354
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobindaE46 View Post
The remus does not have that deep exotic tone that the eisenman has.
Forgive me if I'm off my rocker here, but the words "Deep" and "Exotic" really contradict themselves unless you mean at idle. Which, in your opinion, is more high pitched?

Vids to prove my theory

Ferrari CS Tunnel - Forgive the music...

Gallardo with Tubi

Carrera GT

Zonda

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #355
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Wow the Zonda and 430 sound are simply amazing!! I think the Remus Race will sound more like those than othe exhaust, but not the Sport. We'll see I suppose.
      07-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #356
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
race or sport..... im stuck for now....

but def going eise.... and IND seems very professional, knowledgeable, and reliable...
Always a tough choice, but the decision ultimately depends on the personality of the customer. If you have clients and customers in your car, or are on business calls often, perhaps it's best to go with the sport. If you're more extroverted, and not as concerned with that, the race is the way to go!

I really appreciate the compliment! Hearing things like that from our customers is what makes coming to work every day worth it.
      07-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #357
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
Always a tough choice, but the decision ultimately depends on the personality of the customer. If you have clients and customers in your car, or are on business calls often, perhaps it's best to go with the sport. If you're more extroverted, and not as concerned with that, the race is the way to go!

I really appreciate the compliment! Hearing things like that from our customers is what makes coming to work every day worth it.

we.. im def a RACE kinda person!..

my other car has a full titanium 90mm straight through exhaust.... : )

i wouldn't mind a quieter car..... but stock simply just wont do...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #358
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
we.. im def a RACE kinda person!..

my other car has a full titanium 90mm straight through exhaust.... : )

i wouldn't mind a quieter car..... but stock simply just wont do...
Go with the race, no regrets for me and I'm also adding a GruppeM so think how loud that would be.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #359
Nate@IND
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigua View Post
Go with the race, no regrets for me and I'm also adding a GruppeM so think how loud that would be.
See you on Sunday Kev We should take a video of the Eisenmann/GruppeM combo.
      07-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #360
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
My install was completed by my local shopt today. Will pickup tomorrow after lunch! Hurray! Will have to figure out how to post a pic/vid of the same. Thanks Nate@IND and Wheelsto! Will post pics soonest and maybe video!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 05:56 AM   #361
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
See you on Sunday Kev We should take a video of the Eisenmann/GruppeM combo.
Definately think videos are in order since I can open my M up now. See you on Sunday.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #362
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
My install was completed by my local shopt today. Will pickup tomorrow after lunch! Hurray! Will have to figure out how to post a pic/vid of the same. Thanks Nate@IND and Wheelsto! Will post pics soonest and maybe video!
Congrats on the new Eisenmann I can't wait to see the photos Looking forward to reading your review of the new system.
      07-31-2008, 09:41 PM   #363
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Congrats on the new Eisenmann I can't wait to see the photos Looking forward to reading your review of the new system.
Okay here it goes...can't figure out how to do video yet but here are post install pics. I did go with the OEM flush mounted stock look with my install. The protruded pipes look okay for some...more aggressive I give you but the exhaust in itself is SO much of a change from the stock that all you need is to hit the start button and/or drive a few miles to figure out that you've got a whole different M3 now!

Car now has a deeper throaty growl to it at start up and throughout the throttle power range! At hard acceleration it sounds deeper without much drone. You can tell that the exhaust IS different when driving the car with the windows up however and can faintly hear the exhaust. With the windows down you can clearly hear the exhaust.

Overall very satisfied. Sounds great. Look excellent. Well worth the money...almost drove the car all the way home with the mute button on the radio just to hear the engine! LOL
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 05:33 AM   #364
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep

Looks great, enjoy it. It will seem really loud at first but it will tone down as the exhaust "breaks in". You think it sounds great now, it even gets better.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #365
M3E92_Driver
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

hey guys
yesterday i finally received my supersprint x-pipes... Sound with the eisenmann race is awesome!!
problem: i lost a lot of power at high rpm's. I think it isn't normal, isn't it? is it because 2 cats were deleted and that i need a reprog?

sorry for my bad english
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #366
Nate@IND
Rep

Congrats on the Eisenmann Sport performance Do you notice a funny smell at the moment? That will go away and the sound will fully mature around 1200 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Okay here it goes...can't figure out how to do video yet but here are post install pics. I did go with the OEM flush mounted stock look with my install. The protruded pipes look okay for some...more aggressive I give you but the exhaust in itself is SO much of a change from the stock that all you need is to hit the start button and/or drive a few miles to figure out that you've got a whole different M3 now!

Car now has a deeper throaty growl to it at start up and throughout the throttle power range! At hard acceleration it sounds deeper without much drone. You can tell that the exhaust IS different when driving the car with the windows up however and can faintly hear the exhaust. With the windows down you can clearly hear the exhaust.

Overall very satisfied. Sounds great. Look excellent. Well worth the money...almost drove the car all the way home with the mute button on the radio just to hear the engine! LOL
      08-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #367
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Congrats on the Eisenmann Sport performance Do you notice a funny smell at the moment? That will go away and the sound will fully mature around 1200 miles.
+1 for what Nate said...

I had a funny smell and also the sound seemed a bit muffled at first.
But after about 1200-1500 miles, it sounds PERFECT! Absolutley amazing!!!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #368
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Nate-

I'm counting down the hours until I get my Sport exhaust installed this afternoon. Once the market closes....I'm out!!

I'll let you guys know how the install goes and thanks again for always providing sound and prompt information on your products.

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #369
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
Nate-

I'm counting down the hours until I get my Sport exhaust installed this afternoon. Once the market closes....I'm out!!

I'll let you guys know how the install goes and thanks again for always providing sound and prompt information on your products.
Thanks

Just watch out for this guy on the way out

08-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #370
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Sweeeet! Everything worked out and the exhaust was installed perfectly, piece of cake!
First reaction I had was that the Sport is definitely louder, deeper, and much more aggressive than OEM; regardless of what the numbers say.

The sound is a deep base upon start up or take off; and literally turns heads where ever i drove, and in a "pause walking, turn your head, what car is that coming look," not a "bad WTF look" I'm not sure if this is temporary, much like the nasty smell; but my car gurggles and rumbles when decelerating now, very mean sound. Buddy of mine mentioned, " I can usually hear you coming from a block away; today, I could hear you from about 3."

I'm still getting used to the sound, but I am very satisfied so far and will post pics of exhaust and some more feedback on the install tomorrow. Also, pipes were welded on as well; and placed to the OEM look( not much option on the coupe, will explain later), in which the pipes do extend about 1 to 2" past the diffuser upon the metal warming up and are flush when cold.

Funny, I can notice what OEM lacks now IMO. OEM's rumble was absent at low rpms and engine sound is very apparent. Eisenmann Sport, is growling/rumbling off that bat and enhances the overall sound of the car in combination with the engine intake sound. At throttle the exhaust just gets better and as "I" prefer, the engine sound becomes slightly equal to the exhaust under hard throttle; I imagine Race would muffle engine sound much more.

Thanks for all the help IND!!

2008 E92M3-Space Gray

Last edited by DJ9; 08-02-2008 at 01:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #371
IND-Distribution
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Quote:
Sweeeet! Everything worked out and the exhaust was installed perfectly, piece of cake!
First reaction I had was that the Sport is definitely louder, deeper, and much more aggressive than OEM; regardless of what the numbers say.

The sound is a deep base upon start up or take off; and literally turns heads where ever i drove, and in a "pause walking, turn your head, what car is that coming look," not a "bad WTF look" I'm not sure if this is temporary, much like the nasty smell; but my car gurggles and rumbles when decelerating now, very mean sound. Buddy of mine mentioned, " I can usually hear you coming from a block away; today, I could hear you from about 3."

I'm still getting used to the sound, but I am very satisfied so far and will post pics of exhaust and some more feedback on the install tomorrow. Also, pipes were welded on as well; and placed to the OEM look( not much option on the coupe, will explain later), in which the pipes do extend about 1 to 2" past the diffuser upon the metal warming up and are flush when cold.

Funny, I can notice what OEM lacks now IMO. OEM's rumble was absent at low rpms and engine sound is very apparent. Eisenmann Sport, is growling/rumbling off that bat and enhances the overall sound of the car in combination with the engine intake sound. At throttle the exhaust just gets better and as "I" prefer, the engine sound becomes slightly equal to the exhaust under hard throttle; I imagine Race would muffle engine sound much more.

Awesome! We're glad that you are enjoying your Eisenmann. The E92 M3 Sport Performance is my personal favorite Eisenmann at this point. The level and tone of the sound is just about perfect IMO.
      08-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #372
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:

Congrats on the new Sport performance Let's see some photos.
      08-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #373
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Congrats on the new Sport performance Let's see some photos.
Was planning to, until my TPM kept going off yesterday, front right is flat...taking off right now to the tire shop.

By the way, I didn't use the BMW shop that called you n Friday, instead used a superb muffler guy a few shops down. The dude was a pro, did the install in under an hour (didn't rush, he just didn't pause), used levels, checked for leaks, etc etc. He was also very impressed with the quality of the exhaust.

Will try and post some pics after this tire BS is fixed.

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #374
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Posted pics from a distance.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=1#post3100338

After a few days of driving, I really really like the sound above 3K rpm, could use a little bit more metalic note at low rpms, but the rumble is great at that range. You can't tell from the vids, but low rpms remind me of the Porsche GT3RS sound. Other than that, I'm excited to let this thing rip at the track next week!

2008 E92M3-Space Gray

Last edited by DJ9; 08-04-2008 at 12:23 AM..
Appreciate 0