BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

BPM

07-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #23
ananta19
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrizzy View Post
Over off exit Gorman rd exit off rt 29... i think its like exit 13 but not sure.

I am down to go up there some time next week lets pick a time and go...I'll take off work, ive been wanting to go for a while...and fellow unnamed (lilfingers) posters are starting to take jabs at me for not getting it done yet :-)

either alex. or sterling works for me both are equal distance from my house.
i just dropped my car off for the 1200 mile service @ VOB...

how does next FRIDAY afternoon work for u guys, at alexandria?

i'll take a few hrs off from work as well.... let me know.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #24
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Did my e90/325i tint in LA Tint Alexandria, they are very flexible with car club disount. I believe I got 10 or 15% off, just telling them Im with the e90post and BMW Club. No questions asked I got it. However Manassas and Sterling wasnt too accomodting with group discount at all then.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #25
Boost3dm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

what did everyone get for the dot matrix area of the rear window? Vinyl or sanding or just tinted right over? How do each of these look?
Become a BMW CCA member; please use member #405205 as a reference . Click here to join online
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #26
MTrizzy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananta19 View Post
i just dropped my car off for the 1200 mile service @ VOB...

how does next FRIDAY afternoon work for u guys, at alexandria?

i'll take a few hrs off from work as well.... let me know.
im okay with friday

AW E92 M3|E92 LuX|Piaa GTX H3| Rear Fog Light Mod | Ventureshield (Raja)
|Eisenmann Race Exhaust |Macht Schnell Filter | Black Grills | Black Sides | H&R Springs | Fabspeed X-Pipe & High Flow Cats| CF VRS II rep diffuser|Most powerful Scoops in the world|
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #27
BigGbigO
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Jet Black

What is the legal limit on window tint in the State of Virginia?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #28
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGbigO View Post
What is the legal limit on window tint in the State of Virginia?
50% front and 35% back.
      07-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #29
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

Ah I missed out on the group tinting! Any of you have pictures of the tint job? I am also looking to get mine done at LA tint at alexandra but it's really far for me I live in MD. I was thinking about doing the Pinnacle series 35%. May I ask around how much it costs? I am expecting around 350ish?
      08-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #30
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMPOWER View Post
Ah I missed out on the group tinting! Any of you have pictures of the tint job? I am also looking to get mine done at LA tint at alexandra but it's really far for me I live in MD. I was thinking about doing the Pinnacle series 35%. May I ask around how much it costs? I am expecting around 350ish?
Just got back in town and was going to head over that way to myself for a price quote and an appt this week at LA tint in Alexandria. Will let you know what I find out, k?
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 08:39 AM   #31
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep

cool thanks man, it's a pretty long drive for us, btw how was the trip?
      08-18-2008, 12:17 AM   #32
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
cool thanks man, it's a pretty long drive for us, btw how was the trip?
Trip was great...1st week DisneyWorld with the family. Funny most of the time I was thinking about how many mods and updates I could have gotten with all the $$$ that I got to hand over to Uncle Walt D! LOL Man they definately have a racket there as far as funds go! Drove the wife's car and after losing air for 3 days once we got there...a trip to the MB dealer finally revealed a crack in her Rt front tire and bent rims all around! WTF? She's about to get it traded in if this keeps up, especially the gas mileage..my M3 gets better.

Anyway flew back....sucked...American Airlines is an oxymoron as they shouldn't put any American to that type of torture who just wants to fly home from Texas! LOL M3 had been left in the garage by my wife. Custom car cover appeared while we were gone after going MIA after Fedex delivered it without waiting for a signature while we were away. A few emails and that changed and my wife said it was here when she go back (I just got back 1 week later due to TDY in Texas). Got pedals coming this week and LED lighting so hope to get them done this week.

Anyway see you at Chapterfest....sorry for digressing! LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 07:06 PM   #33
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep

It's funny you mention that about your wife, my girlfriend will never be allowed behind the wheel of my M, lol! Our M's are our obsessions and once you're bit by the mod bug it never lets go. Yes the drive there should be interesting and hopefully we get some more interest right now I have only one confirmed m3 from the post, Umwolverine also known as Claudio. It will be nice to meet you and I am excited to see your car and the Eisenmann exhaust. Cheers to another awesome MD M3 owner!
      08-21-2008, 12:16 AM   #34
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Okay...just got back from my appt this AM with LA Tint. Sarath the manager was nice, kool and the service was prompt. Stopped by yesterday and they got me in this AM easily. I went with the Pinnacle Formula 1 tint since I have comfort access, Nav, and Sat radio and it's advertised NOT to interfere with the cars electronics. So far so good...cell phone, bluetooth, Sat radio, GPS all work fine.

Went with 35% tint as it was classy but not too dark at night time and also well within Maryland's laws. Had a darker tint before on my 325ix years ago and hated it at night...had to drive with the windows down or so it felt. Anyway Sarath gave me some cards to hand out at BMW CCAfest and will honor same discount 10% I think for any members or forum guys who stop by. Tint looks very good so far...is still drying. Will have to watch the windows as the car has the auto-lower feature when you open them and they said to keep em up for 48hrs at least. They used a vinyl stip to cover the back area up top with the bubbles and so far it looks pretty nice (tint sticks very poorly in that area).

Here are some preliminary pics for your viewing pleasure!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #35
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep

tint looks good, I also wanted to get that done before chapterfest but all I can hope for is to have my car back by then. My car is still being serviced for a malfunctioning edc! I may roll up there with a bmw service loaner!
      08-21-2008, 07:04 AM   #36
Boost3dm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

mdrob,

Im also going to la tint alexandria tomorrow morning. I hope that you realize with 35% tint on your window you are now below the maryland legal limit of 35% all around because the car doesnt have 100% light transmission windows. Your probably lower. Last time I had 30% and it was measured by a cop at 18% so just a small warning. Lots of people drive around with 35 and its fine but you never know. Just a question but did you also get quoted $309 for the tint and $29 for the vinyl with 10% off (for pinnacle f1)?
Become a BMW CCA member; please use member #405205 as a reference . Click here to join online
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #37
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost3dm3 View Post
mdrob,

Im also going to la tint alexandria tomorrow morning. I hope that you realize with 35% tint on your window you are now below the maryland legal limit of 35% all around because the car doesnt have 100% light transmission windows. Your probably lower. Last time I had 30% and it was measured by a cop at 18% so just a small warning. Lots of people drive around with 35 and its fine but you never know. Just a question but did you also get quoted $309 for the tint and $29 for the vinyl with 10% off (for pinnacle f1)?
Hmm...okay. Didn't know that. Have 35% on all my other vehicles and have had no problems ever. Will keep that in mind. So far its great and doesn't give me problems at night.

I was quoted $329 with 10% off for CCA membership +29 for the vinyl strip total and warranty of course! This was for Pinacle F1 yes.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #38
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
tint looks good, I also wanted to get that done before chapterfest but all I can hope for is to have my car back by then. My car is still being serviced for a malfunctioning edc! I may roll up there with a bmw service loaner!
They gave me a 328i while my X5 was serviced this am....(cost me $600 for Inspection II for christ's sake)..so if you show up in a non-M car you're still welcome...we know where your true affections lie!

Ash tray delete to be done tomorrow AM while dealer is fixing my M3 emblem at the dealer tomorrow AM is next. yeah looks like someone tried to abscond off with my M3 emblem as it was hanging off losely right before my 1200 mi service after I parked it at a local Metro the week after I got it when I had some days of duty at the Pentagon. Wife thinks somebody tried to roll off with it...could it be soo??

Will see you at Chapterfest on Sat...however on a sadder note that will be it for me and my M3 for awhile. Got notified I am being deployed to Afghanistan or "the sandbox" as we military types call it. Head out likely right after labor day so my posts will be from afar even tho I'll be with you in spirit guys!

PS....trickle charger already on order 10mins after I got the word! LOL And hey on the bright side of things...I can either save $$ for HRE P40's in the spring OR save $$ on winter wheels rubber for this fall as the M3 will be warm and covered in the garage!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #39
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
but on the bright side, like me at work.. I long to be with my M3, thats sustain me for 8 hrs. But I know yours will be alot harder. Thks for serving! I glad Ive done with my service though God Bless
Quote:
... My car is still being serviced for a malfunctioning edc! I may roll up there with a bmw service loaner!
hey Butch!~ sorry to hear about that malfunction. Can you just briefly tell us what that is and how they solve it. So other new M3 owners will also be on the lookout for the same, and if its doing it to our cars also. thks, and enjoy the wkend

/A

Last edited by ase2dais; 08-22-2008 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #40
CT-Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

Can you take a pic of what the ash tray delete looks like? What do they replace it with? Where to buy? I don't need my ashtray at all.

Thanks!

Mods: Gintani CB | Dinan Intake | Evo Pulley | HRE P40's | Eibach Springs | MS spacers | Matte grills | GP Thunder 7500 | Venture Clear bra
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #41
CT-Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

Disregard guys.. found the thread.

Mods: Gintani CB | Dinan Intake | Evo Pulley | HRE P40's | Eibach Springs | MS spacers | Matte grills | GP Thunder 7500 | Venture Clear bra
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #42
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
replaced with a sunglass holder/storage area. Lose the lighter but still have on in the center storage compartment if needed. Really like it and don't mind the loss of the ash tray. Cost me like parts from the dealer and they threw in the install for free while doing my 1200 mile service since I was there for it anyway and they knew me from my previous vehicles an services over the years.
Appreciate 0