BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

05-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

CPO, worth waiting to find one?

Recently I have come to the conclusion that I do not want my 2011 Infiniti G37x anymore because I no longer want to drive a sedan and I want a manual car again. Also dont want to be associated with the import scene in NJ either.I originally was looking to find a CPO '08, '09, or '10 with less than 30k miles, be around 50k, and be an e92. This has come to be a harder task than I thought because there is only one that meets those requirements within 200 miles. I have to trade in my G37x because I am still financing it (ahead in my payments and the loan is less than the cars worth). So I ask, is it worth waiting to find a CPO e92 m3? I have found 2 cars that are not CPO that interest me but they are at dealerships that don't primarily sell BMW's(one is a Porsche dealer and the other a ferrari). Should I not be looking at the 08's because of the updated idrive in the '09+'s? Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Depends on what you want. If it were me, I would be looking for the newest/cleanest I could afford. CPO is comforting but I wouldn't be using it as the end all to getting the car. If you find something you like that isn't from a dealer, have it taken to a local dealer and pay for it to be inspected. Have them check the history on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
mosx
The mod bug has bitten.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
I went through the same debate and decided the $7-10k difference between a CPO and non-CPO wasn't worth it for me. Buy the newest year model you can afford and just love it, don't worry about warranty. Check the carfax and see when the "in service" date was so you can see how much factory warranty is remaining. For example my 08 wasn't purchased until almost mid-09 so my warranty doesn't expire for another year.

I bought my at a Porsche dealer and the car was in fantastic condition, low miles and well loved, don't regret not getting warranty one bit.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
mikracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosx View Post
I went through the same debate and decided the $7-10k difference between a CPO and non-CPO wasn't worth it for me. Buy the newest year model you can afford and just love it, don't worry about warranty. Check the carfax and see when the "in service" date was so you can see how much factory warranty is remaining. For example my 08 wasn't purchased until almost mid-09 so my warranty doesn't expire for another year.

I bought my at a Porsche dealer and the car was in fantastic condition, low miles and well loved, don't regret not getting warranty one bit.
But you have a warranty...

OP, if you want a car with some sort of warranty, I would wait to find the right one. These cars are expensive to fix if something breaks. Original warranty is best, CPO warranty is a close second.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
zzzmmm
SICK
Rep
Drives: MCB F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35 View Post
Recently I have come to the conclusion that I do not want my 2011 Infiniti G37x anymore because I no longer want to drive a sedan and I want a manual car again. Also dont want to be associated with the import scene in NJ either.I originally was looking to find a CPO '08, '09, or '10 with less than 30k miles, be around 50k, and be an e92. This has come to be a harder task than I thought because there is only one that meets those requirements within 200 miles. I have to trade in my G37x because I am still financing it (ahead in my payments and the loan is less than the cars worth). So I ask, is it worth waiting to find a CPO e92 m3? I have found 2 cars that are not CPO that interest me but they are at dealerships that don't primarily sell BMW's(one is a Porsche dealer and the other a ferrari). Should I not be looking at the 08's because of the updated idrive in the '09+'s? Any help would be appreciated.
I just placed my order F10 M5 so selling my 2010 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe Texas 25k miles
DCT
Black interior
Loaded
Carbon roof, carbon front lip, carbon side markers, carbon front grill
Clean title not even a scratch repair, garage kept.
PM me or email me for details
ketamine09@hotmail.com
Appreciate 0