BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

07-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
ZGM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Order and trade in

Has anyone worked out a trade in deal when at the same time that they are finalizing cost over invoice on a factory order?
I will need to shop around for the best price on a new car that I will be ordering from the factory. I also will want to trade in my current 650 at the time of delivery. Has anyone worked a deal like this? Can the dealership say that they will pay me x amount of $ for the trade in as long as it only has 2,000 more miles and the condition is the exact same, or something like this?? My fear is that they can say that I will pay $1000 over invoice and when I take delivery of the factory ordered car they can bone me on the trade in value since they know that I will not walk away from the new BMW?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Always negotiate the price of the car first, once you negotiate the price of the car then talk about your trade in. That way you know your not getting any back end bs going on. 1000 over invoice is way to much FYI

as far as being locked in on a order that is incorrect. You are never locked into anything on a order in till you sign the paperwork and pay for the car. As far as your trade being worth more or less later on in the process, yes trade values of vehicles climb and fall so tech your cars value can be different over a couple months time.

If you would like any assistance and no BS quotes, Just shoot us an email. Ryan email is in my signature just let him know your a forum member.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

I did something very similar......I walked away from my 650i about 3 weeks before the ///M3 arrived. My dealership gave me loaner until the beast arrived. Work your magic ...............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2016 X5 50i

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3nari View Post
Has anyone worked out a trade in deal when at the same time that they are finalizing cost over invoice on a factory order?
I will need to shop around for the best price on a new car that I will be ordering from the factory. I also will want to trade in my current 650 at the time of delivery. Has anyone worked a deal like this? Can the dealership say that they will pay me x amount of $ for the trade in as long as it only has 2,000 more miles and the condition is the exact same, or something like this?? My fear is that they can say that I will pay $1000 over invoice and when I take delivery of the factory ordered car they can bone me on the trade in value since they know that I will not walk away from the new BMW?
Yes negotiate the price and then talk trade in, I just ordered an M3 coupe and my local dealer is letting me keep the trading until the car arrive, I'm trading in my 2007 335I E92
Appreciate 0