BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-10-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Sergm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 f10 m5 comp

Need Some Opinions

Had 08 e92 white fox red extened 6mt with all the opt. Had to sell because got another house that is done know. Thinking of e90 in silverstone with fox red extended with all opt including dct. Need you're input on colors are they good or should I go with black interior. Also I read a lot about dct vrs 6mt so don't want to start another thread about this. Please need input about color combo. Pictures if any body have this color combo.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergm3 View Post
Had 08 e92 white fox red extened 6mt with all the opt. Had to sell because got another house that is done know. Thinking of e90 in silverstone with fox red extended with all opt including dct. Need you're input on colors are they good or should I go with black interior. Also I read a lot about dct vrs 6mt so don't want to start another thread about this. Please need input about color combo. Pictures if any body have this color combo.
As I recall, SSII/Fox Red is not a "recommended" combo per BMW, but neither is SSII/Bamboo and I took the chance (and love it).

I have seen the combo on an E90 and it did look good, although I am just not a fan of FR. If you search the color threads, specifically for the FR interior, I believe that someone did post up pics. Although FR can be a difficult color to capture in its truest sense....

Good luck!
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
ayman36
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3, X5MC

If it helps, I have an e92 M3 SSII/fox red extended, brushed aluminum trim, fully loaded, 18inches and DCT...

The color combo is beautiful atleast in my opinion, the SSII gives the car a classy mature look, while the interior color gives the car an aggressive hottt look lol I love the combo... (I can try to find you pictures to post but don't have any at the moment sorry)

Not trying to start a fight too, in my opinion i believe that if u're doing alot of city driving then the DCT would be a wise choice to go for, its fun and not as tedious as a manual, but hey not to say the manual aint fun too its just that in cities the manual can get hectic sometimes....

I just finished two years with my car, and have over 49000 miles on it and trust me its a piece of art and a great car, be it performance, transmission ... it does exactly what you want it to do and a lovely car to drive
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
As I recall, SSII/Fox Red is not a "recommended" combo per BMW, but neither is SSII/Bamboo and I took the chance (and love it).

I have seen the combo on an E90 and it did look good, although I am just not a fan of FR. If you search the color threads, specifically for the FR interior, I believe that someone did post up pics. Although FR can be a difficult color to capture in its truest sense....

Good luck!
What does BMW "recommended" combo mean? That sounds like a great combination? I didn't know BMW tried to push color combos.
      08-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
Chicago M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90/m3 aw

Go black.

Red looks nice for a couple week, but you will grow tired of it quickly.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
Sergm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 f10 m5 comp

Thanks for replies guys. I think silverstone makes the car show it's agresive looks fox red will give car that pop. The dct will make me enjoy the car more on the mountain roads that option still debating on. The 6mt was great for me but was replaced after only 10000 miles and the second one had the same problem grinding noise from 1 to 2 hard to get it right after 8000 rpms I drove the car hard. Don't know if the dealer miss diagnose the problem maybe it's the clutch, but when you racing a mustang or any crap like that it's very imberrasing to miss the gear. Been diving 6mt since my first car. The cars got a lot better and maybe it's time to switch. The m3 e90 will not going to be made so want to make it special.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
cheesy9
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
What does BMW "recommended" combo mean? That sounds like a great combination? I didn't know BMW tried to push color combos.
I think they won't let you order certain color combinations for leasing, since they will have a hard time reselling the car later.

My dealership also told me they were cautious about custom ordering cars with certain combos, even if you put a deposit down, because they don't want to be stuck with a car they can't sell. Fortunately mine (SG + FR + CL) was a "reasonable" combination, according to them.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
robotrenegade
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2015 X5d  [10.00]
2014 BMW M5  [10.00]
1984 Trans-AM  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for replies guys. I think silverstone makes the car show it's agresive looks fox red will give car that pop. The dct will make me enjoy the car more on the mountain roads that option still debating on. The 6mt was great for me but was replaced after only 10000 miles and the second one had the same problem grinding noise from 1 to 2 hard to get it right after 8000 rpms I drove the car hard. Don't know if the dealer miss diagnose the problem maybe it's the clutch, but when you racing a mustang or any crap like that it's very imberrasing to miss the gear. Been diving 6mt since my first car. The cars got a lot better and maybe it's time to switch. The m3 e90 will not going to be made so want to make it special.
Go SG
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=401813&page=2

///M5 | F10 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Merino Leather | Anthracite Wood Trim | DCT | Competition Package
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Id go with Fox Red but I love red lol If its going to be your daily driver and your going to have the kids and wife spilling stuff and tracking dirt in then Id go with black as it'll stay "nice" longer

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #10
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
I beleive the AW/FR is the best combo for FR interior. For a silverstone, black looks absolutely stunning. My X5M is silverstone with black non perforated (cant stand those little holes). Its a sure win, just make sure to get extended leather and i guarantee you'll be satisfied. its a sure win bro