BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

05-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #67
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Yes, I had an airplane with a family of five crash onto my tennis club years later and many were suffering from PSTD seeing young children broiled in the wreckage. It is unimaginable.
I live on a hillside about a mile from the tallest dam in the United States. In February of last year, 200,000 people were evacuated due to concern that the emergency spillway was about to fail, sending a 20 foot tall wall of water through the area.

Due to my location and elevation, I was never in any danger... but I could see the traffic jam on the highways as far as the eye could see. Thankfully, the emergency passed without a disaster, but I can only imagine how it would have affected me if I saw thousands swept away by such a massive flood.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #68
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

If I see one will go in and drop biggest farts can manage for next person.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 10:08 PM   #69
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Typical. I said system, you ASSumed I meant there are no good schools!
Okay JimmyVB, so what are the no good systems, even though you may not have attended?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 10:12 PM   #70
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
I live on a hillside about a mile from the tallest dam in the United States. In February of last year, 200,000 people were evacuated due to concern that the emergency spillway was about to fail, sending a 20 foot tall wall of water through the area.

Due to my location and elevation, I was never in any danger... but I could see the traffic jam on the highways as far as the eye could see. Thankfully, the emergency passed without a disaster, but I can only imagine how it would have affected me if I saw thousands swept away by such a massive flood.
It shocking to see what can happen to humanity and as one ages, one is more likely to see horrible stuff. Especially at the beach, haha. But yeah, its okay to admit it if you feel empathy.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #71
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Okay JimmyVB, so what are the no good systems, even though you may not have attended?
I attended, graduated, and still know that the system is fucked, and getting more fucked every year. My name isn't Jimmy, though you seem to think that it is demeaning calling me that. I expect you are a product of the current "system".