BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

03-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

Streaming Music through Bluetooth

I apologize if this has already been adressed. But Apple recently announced that the upcoming update for the iPhone will allow streaming music through bluetooth. I know this is created for headsets, but will this be compatible with the bluetooth in our cars? I have an iphone so I'm not familiar with other phones, but can other phones support streaming music through bluetooth in the M3?
      03-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Good question. But even if it does work, how will the sound quality be?

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
Legen_wait for it_dary
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe

I had stereo bluetooth stream from my Palm Treo to a Scosche receiver hooked up to my Alpine deck in my s2000 before and the sound quality seemed on par with CDs. I don't think there is built in A2DP on the car though. Maybe if you connected a receiver to the analog input in the center console...that is the only situation I can think of that will currently work.
      03-26-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

I did a little searching, and from what I could find, BMW has not integrated A2DP into their Bluetooth options. If we start kicking up some dirt over this maybe we can get BMW to get on the right path. Does anyone know what version of BT we have, I believe A2DP can only be integrated with BT ver 2.0 or newer? I looked on the website and didn't see anything regarding which version we have. It only lists the phones and what compatibility options each phone can use with the vehicle.