BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

08-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #23
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw M3 Britian View Post
Thanks for the replies,

When i first had the car my son changed all the cars settings onto sport mode and that is when i had the problem but the other day i set the settings back to default and it still judders when i pull away. It happens on low revs aswell when pulling away, so do you think it is something to do with the M settings ? and the fuel doesn't cut off and i don't think it is wheel hop aswell.
I'll go with the kangaroo fuel theory
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 03:26 AM   #24
Bmw M3 Britian
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3 E92

Hi guys went out in the Bmw M3 yesterday and it seems when you hit the throttle hard it doesn't seem to judder and if you hit the throttle smooth it doesn't do it either. And sorry i don't know what you mean by the DCT or the 6mt ? and do people suggest i should take it to the dealer as i still have warrenty on the car.

Bmw M3 Britian
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 04:44 AM   #25
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Hi guys went out in the Bmw M3 yesterday and it seems when you hit the throttle hard it doesn't seem to judder and if you hit the throttle smooth it doesn't do it either. And sorry i don't know what you mean by the DCT or the 6mt ? and do people suggest i should take it to the dealer as i still have warrenty on the car.

Bmw M3 Britian
If you don't know what DCT is, or 6MT, then I am not surprised that you have so much difficulty in describing the symptoms.....
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 05:23 AM   #26
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneginee View Post
I am stunned by how many issues there are with the DCT. I stopped reading the DCT lag thread a while back but apparently there are more annoying behaviors. All can be traced back to one important factor : you do not control the clutch(es) the computer does which was my #1 reason to caution against it when people were pre-ordering in early 08.
Some people at least headed or shared that view and changed their orders back to MT.
I am stunned at how many people who do not own a DCT equipped car feel the need to comment on them, and whose opinion is apparently soley based on what they read on a forum. I actually own one, and it works nearly flawlessly. You want to focus on the word "nearly"? Could I say that when I was driving MT, I drove nearly flawlessly? Not even close. Judging by that standard, I would be tempted to drop the word "nearly" when describing the DCT. A day on the track and I can say that it actually was flawless. As a daily driver, with 8000 miles and the latest software, it is transparent if I want it to be. I don't even have to think about it anymore. It kicks ass if I want it too. I have absolutely no complaints. So when I read a comment like yours, I just shake my head and wonder WTF your motivation is.

Last edited by MysticBlue; 08-10-2009 at 06:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #27
Chrisb1231
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

dct is the dual clutch transmission that does not have a clutch pedal. rather it has two paddles behind the wheel that allows you to select a gear. it can also be driven in an automatic mode. 6mt is a 6 speed manual transmission, like the good old days, with a clutch pedal.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #28
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
If you don't know what DCT is, or 6MT, then I am not surprised that you have so much difficulty in describing the symptoms.....
+1

what else can be said... well, for sure you are very polite!

Anyway, OP, DCT = double clutch transmission; 6MT = 6 speed manual transmission
[and BTW, OP= original poster; oh, and BTW = by the way!]
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #29
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8000 View Post
+1

Hey, you forgot to explain '+1' .
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #30
zuggerat89
Still waiting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: OGV

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
you know zuggerat , read the rules of this forum before you answer. We call respect for each other. If you can perfect that, I suggest you chose a different website.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #31
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

OP, from the way it sounds, I think a M driving school will fix the issue

Im going to make my guess and say that the car is DCT, or Automatic as you were probably told by the salesmen.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #32
StripM
Rep
Drives: 2008 JzB E90 M3

I have this issue as well and find it happening when the engine is cold'ish and I have the power button on (mine's a 6MT though).
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #33
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A very fast car :)

Quote:

Bmw M3 Britian
Are you sure you have a E92 M3? Bring it back to the dealer mate as its a brand new car, and anything which do not feel or sounds right; get them to resolve it asap!
      08-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #34
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A very fast car :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
Most polite brit I have ever come across
      08-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #35
Bmw M3 Britian
Rep

Hey guys,

Sorry about that reply my son has been on her writing random stuff. I have a 6mt transmission not a dct.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #36
New_m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

That's what bmw do! Mine kangaroos worse if im using 95ron fuel. try 98ron and be progressive on the throttle. No sharp movements in 1st gear!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #37
Bmw M3 Britian
Rep

Thanks for the info, i will put 98ron fuel in next time i fill the car up which is soon so will info you back if that works.

Bmw M3 Britian.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #38
Mtres
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW  [0.00]
I would expect someone driving an M3 to fill up with the best available fuel.
Are you telling us you've been filling with 95ron?

On the other hand, isn't Vpower 100ron still available in the UK? This would be my choice.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #39
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E83 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
I am stunned at how many people who do not own a DCT equipped car feel the need to comment on them, and whose opinion is apparently soley based on what they read on a forum. I actually own one, and it works nearly flawlessly. You want to focus on the word "nearly"? Could I say that when I was driving MT, I drove nearly flawlessly? Not even close. Judging by that standard, I would be tempted to drop the word "nearly" when describing the DCT. A day on the track and I can say that it actually was flawless. As a daily driver, with 8000 miles and the latest software, it is transparent if I want it to be. I don't even have to think about it anymore. It kicks ass if I want it too. I have absolutely no complaints. So when I read a comment like yours, I just shake my head and wonder WTF your motivation is.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #40
oneginee
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

Your DCT M3 works perfectly and you have no complain. I am glad to hear that believe me that's great. I can understand where you are coming from with your post. I have driven a DCT but I do not own one. So you are right. But understand me well, quality control and success of the BMW DCT can not be judged by a minority of satisfied owners tracking or not. I have been on the forum before DCT was even released and have been tracking all related issues. It is very obvious that issueS with the DCT have been significant enough for a large number of owners to try to force BMW to resolve it when multiple fix have had little positive effect or failed to solve the problems or even introduced different pbs. I have seen hardcore believer of the DCT in 08 in this forum who have been left disapointed with it and have a very different view of it now. Maybe your DCT is fine but judging by the number of complaints it is a fail IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #41
monk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Space Gray Coupe 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8000 View Post
+1

what is WTF?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #42
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Hey guys,

Sorry about that reply my son has been on her writing random stuff. I have a 6mt transmission not a dct.
Now that you confirmed you have a 6MT, then I think what you are describing is definitely caused by "driver error." Same thing has happenned to me - it only happens when I'm starting in first gear in sport+ mode, and if I don't add enough gas and/or disengage the clutch too quickly, the car will start "jumping." I also noticed, like another post said, this happens more easily when the car is cold.

In any case, if you take care to do everything smoothly, you won't encounter the jumping. I was a bit concerned too the first time I experienced it because I've never experienced this problem with any other MT car I drove. But I've never driven a car as powerful and fast as this car either.

Another suggestion is simply not drive in sport+ mode, especialy in the city. It makes the throttle very sensitive and therefore very hard to drive smoothly.

Last edited by AlpWtE92; 08-12-2009 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #43
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk View Post
what is WTF?
what the fuck

Some time ago somebody posted a link directing to a comprehensive list of all commonly used acronyms. Very useful but I can't find it...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #44
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Where is the cluestick smiley

you really need to use 98 ron with the M3. Also ensure that your foot is planted on the pedals as alot of the time it is that your foot has come off the pedal. First gear in an M3 is always brutal.
Appreciate 0