BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

10-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #1
savage.ulm1
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Giulia Q.

Sparkling Graphite(??) video

Is it Sparkling Graphite ?
do you like it?

bye
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 12:17 AM   #2
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Sparkling Graphite is little too dark of silver IMO
      10-02-2007, 02:55 AM   #3
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.ulm1 View Post
Is it Sparkling Graphite ?
do you like it?
Yeah, that's Sparkling. Like it because it looks perfect in combination with the 18s. Not an M color though...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
Sick Speed
Speed
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Yeah, that's Sparkling. Like it because it looks perfect in combination with the 18s. Not an M color though...

Best regards, south
Hey just curious about something. Many people have posted on here everytime there is a color that is not an M color. My question is why does it matter? Doo doo brown could be an M color but I certainly would not have it just because it is an M color.

Are you trying to say that because it is not an M color then it will not be as unique? I mean...the fact that the car is an M3 is not unique enough?

In the end it comes down to personal preference and not if it is an M color or not.

Sparkling graphite kix till six....and mixed with fox red....BAM!!!!! Perfect combo....FOR ME that is...

Thanks for the video Savage.

SS
      10-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Speed View Post
Hey just curious about something. Many people have posted on here everytime there is a color that is not an M color. My question is why does it matter? Doo doo brown could be an M color but I certainly would not have it just because it is an M color.

Are you trying to say that because it is not an M color then it will not be as unique? I mean...the fact that the car is an M3 is not unique enough?

In the end it comes down to personal preference and not if it is an M color or not.

Sparkling graphite kix till six....and mixed with fox red....BAM!!!!! Perfect combo....FOR ME that is...

Thanks for the video Savage.

SS
You're absolutely right, it doesn't matter. Anyway my personal preference is not to choose a color that's not M specific, but to each his own.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #6
Sick Speed
Speed
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe

Quote:
You're absolutely right, it doesn't matter. Anyway my personal preference is not to choose a color that's not M specific, but to each his own.

Best regards, south
By the way...my post was not a hit against you...just a general observation of what I have seen many posters post.

SS
      10-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #7
Dieselino
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03 LSB M3 06 M coupe 08 M3 SG

I will be chosing between space grey and sparkling graphite and both of those are non M colors. I dont really like the M colors now anyways. Jerez is cool but its just a fancy black with some blue pearl in it. The red isnt anything special, IB just looks like any other run of the mill soccer mom volvo blue but just with a fancy name. Silverstone reminds me of the color of the Chrysler crossfire I use to have, especially when paired with fox red which looks indentical to the cedar interior in the Crossfire. Not that there is anything wrong with it, I loved the color just dont see that silvery blue on an M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 12:37 AM   #8
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselino View Post
I will be chosing between space grey and sparkling graphite and both of those are non M colors. I dont really like the M colors now anyways. Jerez is cool but its just a fancy black with some blue pearl in it. The red isnt anything special, IB just looks like any other run of the mill soccer mom volvo blue but just with a fancy name. Silverstone reminds me of the color of the Chrysler crossfire I use to have, especially when paired with fox red which looks indentical to the cedar interior in the Crossfire. Not that there is anything wrong with it, I loved the color just dont see that silvery blue on an M3.
+1. Right with you on that opinion. Other than SG or SG the only color I'd consider would be Silverstone. It looks fabulous on the M5 and may look better on the M3 than the pics seen thus far.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 03:23 AM   #9
southlight
Rep

Wow, I didn't want to provoke the "payback" of non-M color fans. SickSpeed was right to teach me to be more tolerant, but please don't start M colors bashing, that's unfair...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 08:29 AM   #10
Dieselino
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03 LSB M3 06 M coupe 08 M3 SG

Quote:
Wow, I didn't want to provoke the "payback" of non-M color fans. SickSpeed was right to teach me to be more tolerant, but please don't start M colors bashing, that's unfair...

Best regards, south
Sorry that wasnt my intent to bash anything. I just wish there was more color choices or rather more unique color choices. Especially on the M3, there has always been some very unique color that as soon as youd see it driving you know it was an M3 because of the color. It seems bmw has gone a little more conservative with the color choices.

Anyways I cant wait to see more photos of sparkling graphite. The only reason I really want space grey is because you can really see the contrast with the carbon roof.
Appreciate 0