BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

02-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #45
H2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Your photo is of a regular 3 ser Individual interior. The M3 does not get the lower door panels in the seat color and the extended Individual trim does not include the extras you previously highlighted (top of console, shift boot, etc). The lower door trim was definately a "no go" when I tried and for the life of me I can't figure out why (even the regular 3 series with the light beige interior has cream colored lower door panels). The rest of it I was able to change. In retrospect, I now prefer the lower black door panels, a better match for the carpeting and lower seat trim.

Regards, Mark
In the Individual catalog for the 3 series there are upholstery options for "full" leather and "extended" leather. The Individual M3 program only has "extended" leather as the standard option. So that 3 series may have been an Individual car with full leather upholstery.
      02-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #46
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 View Post
In the Individual catalog for the 3 series there are upholstery options for "full" leather and "extended" leather. The Individual M3 program only has "extended" leather as the standard option. So that 3 series may have been an Individual car with full leather upholstery.
Exactly. So I guess at the end of the day, I ended up with something inbetween full and extended. I think. Sort of.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #47
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

whats the code to order matte black comp wheels? I thought they were silver? I was planning to have mine powder coated?
      02-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #48
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
whats the code to order matte black comp wheels? I thought they were silver? I was planning to have mine powder coated?
The matte black wheels from the GTS were a part of my Individual order and I wasn't given a code - sorry. They and a number of other Individual items were lumped into a special order package when the car was approved for production. As far as I know, right now they're not available for after sales ordering but I suspect they will be once the GTS's have been produced.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 06:48 AM   #49
defm
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: E93 330i

Quote:
OK brother, never mind the PM. Hope these pics help out. Let us know what you're doing. And I thought you were doing Frozen Grey. What happened???
My first choice was SG+FR., then Frozen gray came out and there was a slim to none chance of getting that color here. Anyhow had to wait until october production to get my car delivered probably by the time i'll turn 90, if that color where to be available.
God, It's been a long time planning this .I'm just exhausted from waiting and talking with the only the BMW rep's in Costa Rica . Worst of all I'm not getting any younger. Since I gotten a final ultimatum to make april production I had to ask, "more like begged" them for a couple of days to think over the color options . I drove 125 miles just to see the rust brown and platinum individual color of which the have a sample. Both colors are amazing and much better than the pictures show. I really appreciate Mark's help and enthusiasm as well as the pictures of platinum posted recently. Your help means a lot to me since there are only a couple of M3 In Costa Rica and and more fingers in may hand than Individual Bmw's of any model.This individual thing is pretty new here. It sued to be "What you see is what you get"
Thank you all, again.
Before I get a wrap: "Yes , There are gazillions of bimmers all over the place, most of them titan silver" which I happen like and own one.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #50
defm
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: E93 330i

Quote:
The matte black wheels from the GTS were a part of my Individual order and I wasn't given a code - sorry. They and a number of other Individual items were lumped into a special order package when the car was approved for production. As far as I know, right now they're not available for after sales ordering but I suspect they will be once the GTS's have been produced.
The dealer in Costa Rica say's that the 259M wheels are Gunmetal ?But who known's? Don't really believe all they say anyway and you can't get black anything.Wheels,grill etc. The bad news is that for them No, perhaps and probably are the same . Synonym's to them unlike the rest of humanity
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #51
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Congrats! Give me a call soon
      02-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #52
mvagusta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3 coup

Mark I give everyone that did a individual order of their car. A applause! I would've not had the patients to wait for the car! But i realize that i might of missed the suspense. Bravo!! It's going to look beautiful... By the way I'm just happy i have one.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #53
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Did anyone else notice that there is an "///M3" logo on the passenger side dash trim in those interior pics? And it seems the last pic just has an "///M". I wonder if that's just there as a watermark or something.

Anyway, looks cool. My advise is to try and forget about the car or else you'll drive yourself crazy as time grows near for delivery.

Cheers.
      03-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #54
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Did anyone else notice that there is an "///M3" logo on the passenger side dash trim in those interior pics? And it seems the last pic just has an "///M". I wonder if that's just there as a watermark or something.

Anyway, looks cool. My advise is to try and forget about the car or else you'll drive yourself crazy as time grows near for delivery.

Cheers.
A very keen eye you have!! And thanks. The "///M" is laser engraved in outline style and will be situated approximately where it is in the platinum interior photo. It will also be a bit smaller and it'll pick up the color of the 2 intarsia strips in the trim (the aluminum underneath the piano wood). The photoshop on the rust interior was done by someone at BMW who didn't have the full specs. The Individual people did up a bunch of designs and then settled on a small and discreet ///M, without the "3", just enough to break up the expanse of the piano black trim on the passenger side.

As for the "driving me crazy" part, it's too late. I can't help it. But this forum keeps me going, lots of neat new stuff every day, lots of pics, lots of mods to read about. 70 days.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #55
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93 DCT

Quote:
A very keen eye you have!! And thanks. The "///M" is laser engraved in outline style and will be situated approximately where it is in the platinum interior photo. It will also be a bit smaller and it'll pick up the color of the 2 intarsia strips in the trim (the aluminum underneath the piano wood). The photoshop on the rust interior was done by someone at BMW who didn't have the full specs. The Individual people did up a bunch of designs and then settled on a small and discreet ///M, without the "3", just enough to break up the expanse of the piano black trim on the passenger side.

As for the "driving me crazy" part, it's too late. I can't help it. But this forum keeps me going, lots of neat new stuff every day, lots of pics, lots of mods to read about. 70 days.

Mark, definitely a great looking M. I am in the middle of putting in an order. However, my rep hasn't even given me 2011 prices yet. Are your prices firm or estimate? My lease is up the end of July so I was looking at doing an ED in early July but again I haven't got any details if the Canadian ED program does provide any discounts at all.

Lastly, I had never really consider any individual colours, either exterior or interior, but but having a one of kind M3, does seem worth it for a keeper like a M3. Yes I like you, are finally getting my dream car but alas well into my 50's before I could make it happen.

How does this Individual thing work? I see there is something called Individual Collection on web configurator but it seems limited to exterior colours only. Actually I am not sure what you get for the $3900 bucks in is priced at. Can you provide me some insight?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #56
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Congrats on the order!

I tried to get Blue Syrah Merino full leather and BMWAG said absolutely NO cars with that setup to the USA. I pressed them very hard and they would not budge. I guess in CA you get some special treatment. I can't wait to see your finished product!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #57
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU View Post
How does this Individual thing work? I see there is something called Individual Collection on web configurator but it seems limited to exterior colours only. Actually I am not sure what you get for the $3900 bucks in is priced at. Can you provide me some insight?
Yikes, a loaded question. There's the easy way (through an Individual dealer, out of the book Ind. exterior colour for $3900 and out of the book Ind. interior for $4000) or my way which I did myself.....much more satisfying BTW if you're willing to pony up a few (no.....lots) more dollars. Start with a dealer though, one who knows Individual stuff well, and go from there. If your CA advises that you can't order anything other than what's in the book, go somewhere else. We're pretty lucky here, BMW Canada will work with a knowledgeable dealership to help you design exactly what you'd like. As for euro delivery, Canada's just started a slick new program and the process is seamless. Unfortunately we don't get an extra ED discount like our U.S. friends do but feel free to negotiate your price as usual. Being honest, ED probably ends up costing Canadians more because we're paying for the trip, accomodation, etc. without any sort of compensation discount. Oh well, it's a once in a lifetime thing that'll be worth it I'm sure.

So give 'er a try and if you need more info down the road, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 12:56 AM   #58
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
Congrats on the order!

I tried to get Blue Syrah Merino full leather and BMWAG said absolutely NO cars with that setup to the USA. I pressed them very hard and they would not budge. I guess in CA you get some special treatment. I can't wait to see your finished product!
Hey thanks, you're one of my "mod" idols, you just don't stop....and I love it!!! But don't feel bad about the Merino leather (although it would have looked absolutely killer with your BW). Absolutely no M3 ANYWHERE can be equiped with Merino leather because it's never been certified (i.e. crash tested to see how it reacts with the airbags and differing build materials used in the M3 versus a regular 3 series car. Strange but true. Like you, I tried. Thankfully BMW finally decided to tan their novillo hides in a handful of Individual colors but sadly....no Syrah
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #59
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Hey thanks, you're one of my "mod" idols, you just don't stop....and I love it!!! But don't feel bad about the Merino leather (although it would have looked absolutely killer with your BW). Absolutely no M3 ANYWHERE can be equiped with Merino leather because it's never been certified (i.e. crash tested to see how it reacts with the airbags and differing build materials used in the M3 versus a regular 3 series car. Strange but true. Like you, I tried. Thankfully BMW finally decided to tan their novillo hides in a handful of Individual colors but sadly....no Syrah
I'm happy to inspire and I just keep trying to keep it new and fresh. It is very difficult to be unique these days, but there are just some things most are afraid to try. Just go for it and my your ride your own! You can't please everyone, but most all will appreciate your efforts!

Yeah, that is bummer about the Syrah Merino, I was drooling over the color combo when I found it! I wanted it so bad I contacted someone local to AZ to try to switch out the entire interior. That was way over the top and the S/C was a better choice anyway! HA!

Your new ride is going to turn out very nice and I can't wait to see some real high res pics! What plans do you have for it at IND? PM me and we can fire out some ideas!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 01:59 AM   #60
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93 DCT

Quote:
A very, very tough choice btw between your colour - which I LOVE - and mine. I year or so ago I begged for Estoril Blue but we all know what happened with it...an absolute "no go" was the response from BMW. I was convinced that LSB was gonna be it....until they resurected Estoril (for the most part) with MCB. Fell in love all over again.

Thanks brother!
Mark, I just saw some pictures from the Geneva Car show. Of course they showing a great looking MC. I thought you would like to see them. Here is the link: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357280
Appreciate 0