BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

EXXEL Distributions

02-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #23
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinD View Post
doh, i get to the last page of registration and i'm not a BMW club member no entry for me, sad day
enter some random numbers, it's not cross-screened. my buddy isn't a member, and he's going to run his 09 cts-v
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 06:49 AM   #24
gobuffs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 S54 (race car)

CCA membership is not required. Just make up a number.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #25
kevinD
Private
Rep
Drives: 04 evo 8

wuhu! registered
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #26
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
wuhu! registered
tell your referrer to register!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #27
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

for anyone going, i'll be staying at the cattle baron's quality inn off cherry lane in benbrook. it's one of the closer hotels to MSR. very easy access to 377 in the morning too. http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-fort_worth-texas-TX866

i've stayed there before, it's not bad. just a motel. make sure you request a room near the front of the hotel, the back parking lot if poorly lit, makes me a little nervous leaving the M back there
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #28
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

I really wasn't kidding when I said the novice group was almost full. I expect a waitlist to be started by the end of the week if we don't A) move some people with some experience up a group, or B) find more instructors....but if you want a guaranteed spot in novice SIGN UP ASAP! Once those 2 spots are gone there are no promises made.

Preliminary weather reports indicate that the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before the event will see some storm activity sometimes heavy. Thursday will see a high pressure system move in and sunny skies with highs in the upper 60s/lower 70s will hang around til at least Monday after the event. So the weather will be perfect for the weekend! NOTE: for the humor impaired, the previous sentences about what the weather will be like is a complete fabrication made up in my mind and in no way is an official forecast of weather (not that there is such a thing anyway).
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 04:50 PM   #29
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

Well that didn't take long. Novice is full. HOWEVER, we never know if somebody is going to cancel or we find more instructors. So PLEASE signup for the waitlist...or better yet, sign up for the intermediate group if you have some experience! The intermediate and advanced groups are filling fast...with the response today it might be full in a few days as well!

We have 5 E9x M3 signed up!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 06:54 PM   #30
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

damn! i had another friend with a p-car that wanted to run. oh well, if there's a cancellation, send me a PM please!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #31
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

Novice is full, but there are a few people I see that we can move around. There is nobody on the waitlist as of right now, but that might change. I would guess that the first 2 people on the waitlist will get in with what I see now. Of course there might be some cancellations as well. If anybody wants to be in novice I'd have them sign up ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #32
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

We are about 4 weeks out from this event and it is filling up. If you are waiting to sign up a few days before the event to see what the waether is going to be like, I wouldn't wait. As the signups have gone so far, I don't see us having any spots open the week before the event. Green is full, but I see a few people that we might be able to move to free up some spots. If we can find some more instructors we can add some spots as well. So if you want to sign up for novice, don't be scared away by the waitlist!

Remember the "refer a friend" promotion. It will close on Friday March 13 at 6pm. So get your friends to sign up ASAP to get that $50 credit.

I sent out an email to everybody signed up so far, but in case you missed it..... ALL students are required to have a passenger and restraints that are equal to the driver's seat. IOW, if you have a race type seat for the driver, the passanger seat must as well. If the driver's seat has a 6 point harness, the passenger seat must as well. THIS IN NOT OPTIONAL.

See you at the track.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #33
kevinD
Private
Rep

well for the most part i'm all set

just got done with a track day at eagles canyon last saturday. a few issues with my car but nothing major. tried out a new brake fluid (AMSOIL), vs the motul 600 i was using before. the amsoil boiled over in the second session making me cut it short. but after doing a re-bleed of the system in the parking lot it worked like a champ the rest of the day. did 5 sessions all together. need to modify my accelerator pedal though because with my driving shoes on (small feet), i can't heel toe at all. need to make the pedal a little bit wider. also picked up 6 hoosier R6 tires in 275 40 17, but i think i will be saving them for time attack events with the porsche club, and a potential evo track day that might be made into time attack as well. in the mean time i'll stick to the p-zero corsa tires i've got mounted on the track wheels. finally had enough sessions back to back to get the tire pressures where i want them too with the corsas. feeling more grip with the car and using more of the tread (they were over inflated and wearing the middle of the tire)

also tried out a new set of brake pads. last time at MSR i was forced to use autozone duralast brand brake pads. they were SWEET! i was able to run around 1:23-1:24 second times on the 1.7CCW course. and that was with having to brake half way down each straight to get the car slowed down. now i'm running hawk blues, and lets say i can now go DEEEP into the turn before having to brake. although at eagles canyon down the long back stretch i was hitting close to 140 (5th gear) and had to slow down at the first measurement marker. i'm hoping for 1:21 times at MSR on the 1.7CCW. since we are running CW for this event i beleive, i don't really have an idea of what the evo will do though as far as time is concerned. oh, and the times i get are from reviewing the in car video (i don't carry a transponder or lap timer...).

should be fun!! looking forward to meeting some BMW guys, and checking out how (hopefully) my next car acts on the track.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #34
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

Novice is full unless we get more instructors (good chance at that, but I am making no promises). Waitlist for green is currently empty.

Intermediate has the most spots open.

I can count on one hand the number of spots open in advanced. Once they are gone there is no hope of adding spots unless somebody cancels. If you want advanced sign up now!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #35
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

I am going to stop saying novice is full. We had a cancellation so there is at least one spot open in novice.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #36
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

Just a reminder that the refer a friend promotion ends Friday at 5pm. We will be sending our entry bills via Paypal starting next weekend.

Unless you are betting that 1) we will be some cancellations, or 2) we find more instructors, we have the following openings: 1 spot in novice, 5 spots in intermediate, and 7 spots in advanced.

If you have forgot the link to register, here it is: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...A2715BC350CABF
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #37
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

Tick tock, tick tock. It is the 11th hour and Cinderella needs to get home. Refer a friend discounts end at 6pm (Central time) tonight. There is a waitlist for novice, but there are a few spots still open in intermediate and advanced.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #38
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

I sent out an email with details on how to pay. I then sent out another one with the correct email address (DOH!). Please email me at dechair@lscbmwcca.org if you didn't receive this and are signed up for the event.

There are a few spots still open in intermediate and advanced, novice has a waitlist.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #39
kevinD
Private
Rep

quick question:

i know you sent out the email concerning the seats and how the passenger seat needs to be the same as the driver seat (i.e. both bucket seats, or both fixed back). does this apply to the advanced group as well? reason i ask is i got a recaro HANS seat from my buddys race car, but i don't have a passenger seat like it yet. i was considering putting it in for the event to try it out.

also, if i need to change my entry from a two day to a saturday only is that possible? (grand parents are stopping by on the way back to michigan that weekend)
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #40
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
quick question:

i know you sent out the email concerning the seats and how the passenger seat needs to be the same as the driver seat (i.e. both bucket seats, or both fixed back). does this apply to the advanced group as well? reason i ask is i got a recaro HANS seat from my buddys race car, but i don't have a passenger seat like it yet. i was considering putting it in for the event to try it out.

also, if i need to change my entry from a two day to a saturday only is that possible? (grand parents are stopping by on the way back to michigan that weekend)
Yes it applies to advanced as well. Seats don't have to have the same features, but need to be the same type. For example...if you have a race type seat for the driver you need to have a race type seat for the passenger (you can't have a stock seat for the passenger. If you have a 6 point harness for the driver, the passenger side can't just have a stock 3 point.

Email me at dechair@lscbmwcca.org about changing your entry.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #41
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

just to let everyone know, nerces at autoscope is opening his shop free of charge for a DIY prep at his new shop on denton drive in dallas this saturday from 12-3. if you need a lift for anything, this is the perfect time. free lunch will be provided as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #42
gobuffs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
just to let everyone know, nerces at autoscope is opening his shop free of charge for a DIY prep at his new shop on denton drive in dallas this saturday from 12-3. if you need a lift for anything, this is the perfect time. free lunch will be provided as well.
This event is an official LSC BMW CCA event. If you want to use a lift in the shop you need to email the person putting the event together...Steve Hodges (SHODGES at dot.state.tx.us) The event is from 9-1, but maybe Nerces is opening it up longer? The new Autoscope location is fabulous.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 01:48 AM   #43
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobuffs View Post
This event is an official LSC BMW CCA event. If you want to use a lift in the shop you need to email the person putting the event together...Steve Hodges (SHODGES at dot.state.tx.us) The event is from 9-1, but maybe Nerces is opening it up longer? The new Autoscope location is fabulous.
oops, i was misinformed by an external source.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #44
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobuffs View Post
Preliminary weather reports indicate that the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before the event will see some storm activity sometimes heavy. Thursday will see a high pressure system move in and sunny skies with highs in the upper 60s/lower 70s will hang around til at least Monday after the event. So the weather will be perfect for the weekend! NOTE: for the humor impaired, the previous sentences about what the weather will be like is a complete fabrication made up in my mind and in no way is an official forecast of weather (not that there is such a thing anyway).
bruce, it's funny you said that because look at the weather report...rain up until friday night then supposedly clearing on saturday and sunday

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...Select=WEATHER
http://www.accuweather.com/us/tx/cre...chg=1&metric=0
Appreciate 0