BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

09-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
ocd
Propellar Head
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E91 6MT

LUX H8 LED AE's need coding for non-dimming?

I have GP Thunder H8 ae's currently, and they're way superior compared to stock...what a bargain! It's sucky how they go yellowish with headlights on tho. Other than getting the voltage coded to make them not dim, will the LUX H8 LED's stay bright without coding and the headlights on?

Also, is it cheaper to keep the GP's and have the coding done? Just comparing the cost vs benefits.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

LUX will stay the same brightness without any coding.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Comparing the LUX to GP's would be like comparing Patriots to the Panthers 10 years ago. LUX won't dim on any setting of the light switch and you won't need to mess around with coding that will probably be reset when your car is taken in for an oil change at the dealer or something along those lines.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
ocd
Propellar Head
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E91 6MT

Thanks guys. I didn't even think about the dealer resetting the code when I'm in for service. I'll just have to wait for the Lux to be back in stock.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
It is much cheaper to code the AE's yourself. I bought the eBay cable a few years ago so I can code my LCI tail lights but have since used it to do a lot more, one being to run the GP Thunders at full voltage with headlights on. I could have easily made my money back and a lot more if I charge people to code their cars but I don't. I've coded a few other cars and the procedure is so easy and the instructions are so readily available on the Internet I can't believe more people doesn't take the time to learn. In that respect, I'm glad those people are getting ripped off by those who charge for coding.
Appreciate 0