BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

01-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
PhYrE
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Traffic/RTTI on E92 (2008) M3

Have a 2008 E92 M3 Coupe with the CCC
It has HD radio, Sirius, and 6FL as far as audio options go that may be relevant and I've run 2008, 2010 and 2011 maps thus far.

I've NEVER had Traffic able to pick up a station, and the RTTI that BMW uses is broadcasted in my area (Toronto) during daytime hours on two stations. I am able to receive FM signals and the RDS signal (text) for both stations http://www.totaltraffic.com/Coverage...d-8fe1ffd48039

In the setup menu, it has "Traffic Info" checked and it says "AUTO" as the station. No stations are listed.

When I visit the "traffic info" in the navigation menu, it at first says "Transferring messages" and subsequently "Currently, no reception"

So on to the questions:
- is there a particular RTTI module that I can go and find to make sure antenna connections are plugged in and the module exists?
- Any ideas how to help diagnose why I can't pick up traffic information?

Any help is appreciated...

-M
Carbon-Fibre everything
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhYrE View Post
Have a 2008 E92 M3 Coupe with the CCC
It has HD radio, Sirius, and 6FL as far as audio options go that may be relevant and I've run 2008, 2010 and 2011 maps thus far.

I've NEVER had Traffic able to pick up a station, and the RTTI that BMW uses is broadcasted in my area (Toronto) during daytime hours on two stations. I am able to receive FM signals and the RDS signal (text) for both stations http://www.totaltraffic.com/Coverage...d-8fe1ffd48039

In the setup menu, it has "Traffic Info" checked and it says "AUTO" as the station. No stations are listed.

When I visit the "traffic info" in the navigation menu, it at first says "Transferring messages" and subsequently "Currently, no reception"

So on to the questions:
- is there a particular RTTI module that I can go and find to make sure antenna connections are plugged in and the module exists?
- Any ideas how to help diagnose why I can't pick up traffic information?

Any help is appreciated...

-M
RTTI is provided by Clear Channel... http://totaltraffic.com/

Quote:
Do you offer service in Canada?
We currently have service in Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver and Montreal. The operating hours are Monday-Friday from 5am-7pm Central Time. Montreal personal navigation device customers please note: We are currently negotiating a deal to add an additional FM tower in Montreal to increase the signal strength. The current signal is not strong enough to reach some of the internal antenna on certain devices. We will post an announcement on our website as soon as the additional antenna has been installed.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
PhYrE
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
RTTI is provided by Clear Channel... http://totaltraffic.com/
Yup- thus my link to Clearchannel's Total Traffic link showing coverage for my city.

Also in Toronto (not Montreal where they claim they are upgrading a tower) where there appears to be full coverage during business hours.

So I don't think I'm any closer with that post.

-M
Carbon-Fibre everything
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

When you go to traffic info, regardless of setting, any radio channel that is broadcasting the RTTI signal would be listed here

So if you don't see anything other than auto you are not receiving any RTTI channels.
Appreciate 0