BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #23
PerfM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Space, E92 M3 Techno

Great hearing that some cops still have a sense of humor... Count your blessings boys! Just wish we had autobahns here!!!
We need to start petitioning for an autobahn already
      09-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #24
Yugo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Great to hear no ticket!

OP, was it one of Henrico's finest? I have had mixed experiences on several occasions, none in the E90 so far, thank god.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #25
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

lucky
      09-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #26
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

though to get off in Virginia! Good job! You played it cool, and didn't decide to jump on the gas pedal and book it!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #27
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
ahhh an expert! Now it makes sense. Disclaimers don't do much. Especially if you're gonna sit here advocating speeding, taking pics doing 160+, etc.

That's like me just being a dick and bashing people online using derogatory words/racial slurs, etc. and having a disclaimer under my name, "just kidding" ... A disclaimer doesn't give you the right to act without regard.
Actually yea, disclaimers work, watch CNBC for an hour. These financial experts are making economic predictions and stock recommendations in 50 states, some of which they are not registered to do business in by the SEC or FINRA. You need a federal license (series 7) and state regulatory license (series 63) to conduct business in NY, then every other state you want to conduct business in, you need a separate registration. Some of these people are licensed representatives and get immunity from FINRA regulations for only one reason....DISCLAIMERS Stating "There recommendations are for entertainment only and you should consult your financial professional"...

These violations without "disclaimers" are punishable by permanent disbarment, suspensions, and fines of hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars...

And btw, I don't see a VIN in that picture do you? My face? A license plate? hmmm come to think of it, absolutely nothing showing it's me, or that the car is actually moving and not on a dynonometer, or even that it belongs to me. Last time I checked M3's were mass production vehicles...

But just to be clear, NO, I don't think a disclaimer makes the stupid thing I did OK. Nor do I state to be a lawyer or an expert in law. But by trying to counter my point, you seem to think you are an expert in the field...

I think taking a picture at that speed was dangerous and stupid. Especially considering my younger brother was ejected from his brand new Audi A4 last May in a single car crash and died a few hours later. He was 25 years old and my best friend. So yea it was dumb. But we are on an M3 forum, some track our cars, some drag our cars, some show...But ALL of us go a little beyond reason here and there...

Newsday article and picture of my brothers car after his deadly accident:

FYI: The article states he was "seriously injured" and rushed to the hospital. It does not mention that after "coding" 4 times, he died with me outside the hospital door...

And I had to read the disgusting comments from people blaming him for his driving or lack of attention, or claiming he was drunk driving. When the truth was, the first officer at the scene thought he was driving 70-80mph and hit a strong sun glare (5am headed east bound on the southern state) which blinded him around a sharp turn into a light pole, where he flew threw the windshield...

ughhhh now Im way off topic and just venting...But again, before you flame me for speeding or topping my car out on a dessert road with no traffic, or speeding while taking a picture...I just want to remind you, you are on a sports car forum...And anyone here that has done well enough to buy a $55-$85k car probably is smart enough to know when to speed and when not to...You bashing isnt doing any favors...

RANT OVER and im just a mere observer of this post from this point forward...

MY BAD FOR WRITING A BOOK.

eace:
Attached Images

09-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #28
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
It's all good, man.... it's actually one of the more steady pics at speed
ThanK you haha. I really was in the middle of nowhere with a beautifully paved road.
      09-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #29
4corners
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black M3 Coupe

Garage List
In California if a CHP pulls you over they HAVE TO give you the ticket. Even it is their Mother. Sheriffs have discretion.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #30
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
I always hear of stories like this but never experienced anything remotely close in real life. Congrats on no ticket.
Same here. Have NEVER been given a break in my life. Of course, I have dark skin, so as far as cops go, I must be a drug dealer.
      09-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #31
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

I live in AZ and the cops have been nice enough to me for the last 10 years. Knock on wood, I haven't gotten a ticket since 2004.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #32
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4corners View Post
In California if a CHP pulls you over they HAVE TO give you the ticket. Even it is their Mother. Sheriffs have discretion.
I presented my CCW to CHP and was told: "have a nice day, watch the traffic."
      09-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #33
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
I've gotten one ticket and six warnings in a row in the past 9 months.

No idea why the streak of warnings, but It has to be some sort of record.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #34
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
I live in AZ and the cops have been nice enough to me for the last 10 years. Knock on wood, I haven't gotten a ticket since 2004.
Yes, but are you Hispanic?
      09-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #35
M3er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3,911S

Haha! Beauty
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 06:21 AM   #36
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3Power View Post
Actually yea, disclaimers work, watch CNBC for an hour. These financial experts are making economic predictions and stock recommendations in 50 states, some of which they are not registered to do business in by the SEC or FINRA. You need a federal license (series 7) and state regulatory license (series 63) to conduct business in NY, then every other state you want to conduct business in, you need a separate registration. Some of these people are licensed representatives and get immunity from FINRA regulations for only one reason....DISCLAIMERS Stating "There recommendations are for entertainment only and you should consult your financial professional"...

These violations without "disclaimers" are punishable by permanent disbarment, suspensions, and fines of hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars...

And btw, I don't see a VIN in that picture do you? My face? A license plate? hmmm come to think of it, absolutely nothing showing it's me, or that the car is actually moving and not on a dynonometer, or even that it belongs to me. Last time I checked M3's were mass production vehicles...

But just to be clear, NO, I don't think a disclaimer makes the stupid thing I did OK. Nor do I state to be a lawyer or an expert in law. But by trying to counter my point, you seem to think you are an expert in the field...

I think taking a picture at that speed was dangerous and stupid. Especially considering my younger brother was ejected from his brand new Audi A4 last May in a single car crash and died a few hours later. He was 25 years old and my best friend. So yea it was dumb. But we are on an M3 forum, some track our cars, some drag our cars, some show...But ALL of us go a little beyond reason here and there...

Newsday article and picture of my brothers car after his deadly accident:

FYI: The article states he was "seriously injured" and rushed to the hospital. It does not mention that after "coding" 4 times, he died with me outside the hospital door...

And I had to read the disgusting comments from people blaming him for his driving or lack of attention, or claiming he was drunk driving. When the truth was, the first officer at the scene thought he was driving 70-80mph and hit a strong sun glare (5am headed east bound on the southern state) which blinded him around a sharp turn into a light pole, where he flew threw the windshield...

ughhhh now Im way off topic and just venting...But again, before you flame me for speeding or topping my car out on a dessert road with no traffic, or speeding while taking a picture...I just want to remind you, you are on a sports car forum...And anyone here that has done well enough to buy a $55-$85k car probably is smart enough to know when to speed and when not to...You bashing isnt doing any favors...

RANT OVER and im just a mere observer of this post from this point forward...

MY BAD FOR WRITING A BOOK.

eace:
Wow !! Sorry for this. Freak things can happen, however. Going 80-85mph usually shouldn't get you killed any more than going 60-65.

Still, going into high triple digit speeds on a public roadway and taking a hand off the wheel even for the time it takes to snap a pic, is, IMO, something deserving of a Darwin award.

I have on occasion enjoyed the speed capabilities of the cars I have owned, but I am fully concentrating, radio is off, nobody else is in the car, road is empty and dry, visibility is good, etc, etc. And, such driving certainly can't be sustained on a public road.

In the end, however, freak things will always happen regardless. Even on a track.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8FBxS-00xU
      09-13-2014, 06:39 AM   #37
leeb8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentistdude View Post
...for going 82 in a 65. Officer asked if I knew that was reckless in Virginia, told me he'd been following me for awhile, saw me exit the highway "a little too hot", etc...and it was "too much." Great, I'm thinking I'm screwed. Saw my temp tags (car's new to me) and said "it's a high performance vehicle, I get it...what motor does this have anyway? V8? New ones went to the turbo 6, right? And what color is it?" By this time I'm grinning on the inside. He then follows that up with "I gotta say...I'm jealous. If I had the funds I'd be driving something just like this, it's a beautiful car. But you've got to keep it down in your new toy, ok?"

No problem, sir.
come Australia, Melbourne especially. you pull an illegal U-turn in front of a no u-turn sign and cop catches u, you'll be charged, and thrown to jail, no kidding.

but murder and drug trafficking is ok, small fines like few hundred buks tops, u will be let go.

fml...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #38
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Left out the best part because we'd question your maturity? What, he wanted the "D"?
      09-13-2014, 07:17 AM   #39
miringrains
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11.5 M3 E93

Lmao I get thumbs up from cops all the time with my car. I remember one time, I whipped the tail pretty hard turning into a street, and the cop pulls up next to me and takes his head and finger lmao. It's a few good guys who make up for all the other assholes out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #40
yosman8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: with no oil

To the people bitching about one hand on the wheel. Please tell me how every 6MT driver manages to live when we shift... By driving with one hand. I for one leave my hand on the shifter mostly so please stop your whining about his one hand on the wheel shit. We've all been to driver's ed thanks.
      09-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #41
dentistdude
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

Wow, didnt realize this would be such a popular thread! Yugo, yes it was a Henrico officer. Happened near Short Pump.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #42
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Left out the best part because we'd question your maturity? What, he wanted the "D"?
LMAO. MY PARTNER THREW A "FIREWORK" OUT OF THE WINDOW (WITH MY SHAMEFUL CONSENT) ,IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, OR SO WE THOUGHT. APPARENTLY SOMEONE CALLED IN MY PLATE...

So the police officer was already on the lookout for two idiots in a black "unknown sports car".

And I'll say again, looking back... IT WAS DUMB. Never have went even close to that fast again, let alone take my hand off the wheel to take a pic.

Everyone here that has never done something completely idiotic in their life, or more specifically their car, raise your hand...

OK.
      09-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #43
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosman8 View Post
To the people bitching about one hand on the wheel. Please tell me how every 6MT driver manages to live when we shift... By driving with one hand. I for one leave my hand on the shifter mostly so please stop your whining about his one hand on the wheel shit. We've all been to driver's ed thanks.
I think it's more about taking your eyes off the road to point the camera than it is hands off the wheel. A shift can be done almost reflexly in less than a second, while getting a camera, holding it position and snapping a pic would take more concentration and time.
      09-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #44
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Yes, but are you Hispanic?
I'm arab

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0