BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

12-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Question Help with sound/entertainment/idrive options

I'm starting my research on some E90 M3 sedans, and especially due to not being able to build the sedan on bmw's website anymore, I'm looking for a little help deciphering the various audio/entertainment/idrive options that I'm seeing on cars.

- Was idrive a stand alone option? I am seeing Premium Package cars with and without it. And on some cars with it, I can't find it on the window sticker.

- What does getting idrive change as far as entertainment/sound options that come with it (if anything). i.e., if you get idrive, does the dvd audio player, etc, then come with it?

- I think I figured out that the sedans with the funky looking speaker covers must have the "enhanced audio" option, which I believe I read is a stand-alone option?

- With the NON-enhanced audio, does anyone know the speaker count (i.e. does it have a center front, and subs under the seat, etc, or is it a big difference like jumping from 4 to 13 speakers?).

I have Professional Audio in my 2007 335, and it has the 13 speaker setup and I love it. It's confusing me more though, because I'm seeing pictures of the M3 radios that say "BMW Professional", but the look like they have the standard speakers and not even any on the rear door panels.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

When in doubt, click bmwusa.com:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...w/Default.aspx
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Individual Audio.pdf (772.6 KB, 196 views)
File Type: pdf 2011 M3 Sedan with iDrive.pdf (8.18 MB, 229 views)
File Type: pdf 2011 M3 Supplemental Manual.pdf (3.74 MB, 204 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Question

Thanks. Still a few things I'm unclear on though:

- So iDrive only comes packaged in with technology package? (meaning if no iDrive, then no comfort access, etc).

- I see from one of your attachments that the Enhanced Sound System is 13 speakers. How many speakers are with the standard system? I was in a new 328 the other day, and the lack of center/well placed speakers was pretty noticeable.

- I understand that iDrive gets you the programable M-dynamic mode (where you can customize settings that then get activated with the M steering wheel button). So, with NON iDrive cars, do they have an M button on the steering wheel? If so, what does it do?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0