BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mporium BMW

10-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

are bmw mechanics mentally disabled? (based on quantity of messed up service threads)

Reading thru this forum and bimmerfest... almost nobody has a positive service experience... everyone gets their car back swirled up, oil overfilled, not proper maintenance performed (no break-in 6mt fluid change) etc;

Last time I checked these techs make pretty good money, what goes on in the world that they cant take their job seriously and do the maintenance correctly?

Now I am sure there are plenty of good techs out there in fact if there are any techs on here they are probably the good ones who take pride in their job because they are dedicated and show interest in what they do (hence being a forum member)

I often work at a buddy's car shop on saturdays (to help out) and never have a problem with anything and im not even a friggen licensed mechanic...

I am petrified of when my M arrives and it is due in for its first service... probably about 2 weeks after I receive it since i drive alot right now
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
A BMW dealer is no different from any other dealer. Techs are techs. I think that people expect more but have no reason to do so.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
james33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Lotus Evora

Most people don't post of their great, good, or even mundane service that is done right. They only post and complain when it's messed up, or maybe if the service was really over the top great. Not all techs and dealerships are full of incompetent boobs. Find a good SA and mechanic and stick with them - don't let any other tech touch your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759918

some dealers do suck big time.

IMHO, what the dealers lack is work ethics. Sure they are making money off unsuspecting shoppers, but if they had good work ethics then they would do a great job. The problem is all the shops are becoming huge mega dealership and to pay their rent, they just abuse customers.

*This isn't true of all shops, but most.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by james33 View Post
Most people don't post of their great, good, or even mundane service that is done right. They only post and complain when it's messed up, or maybe if the service was really over the top great. Not all techs and dealerships are full of incompetent boobs. Find a good SA and mechanic and stick with them - don't let any other tech touch your car.
+1. Well said.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
bimdo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 m3

the bmw tech that works on my car is great.he went to a special bmw program called step,which appears to provide a high level of training,and is hard to get into.he also got into college engineering programs.we've gotten to be friends,because we both enjoy talking about cars.

so,like any other job,there are some good ones and some bad ones.i just have him work on my car,and that gives me a high comfort level.
Appreciate 0