BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #23
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omerta View Post
figures... The VMR V701 would do it for me if the 18's will clear the super kit.
Don't think the vmr's would fit, I use 19's. Am actually surprised the TE37's in 18's fit. I think the only 18's that fit this are the HRE Fall line wheels, there is another HRE (Julius, help), the advan TC-III that aren't out yet and the Volk TE37... think that's it as I am looking into some 18's as well. BTW, another great day at the track and the brakes once again were up to the task
      06-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #24
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Thanks for the follow-up klammer!

Have you had a chance to run different pad types in the Alcons? Also what are your thoughts on the Pagids that come with the kit?

Last edited by sawzall; 06-20-2011 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #25
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
Thanks for the fllow-up klammer!

Have you had a chance to run different pad types in the Alcons? Also what are your thoughts on the Pagids that come with the kit?
I am running the pagid RS-29 on the track and have put about 8 track days, warm weather, at least 20 minute sessions and they have held in great. Brakes just aren't in issue (great for piece o' mind at track). Yesterday was about 85 and ran about 5, 30+ min. sessions and they did great. The pagids that came with the kit were great as well, didn't notice the difference at the track that much but the 2 days I left the stock pads in it was like 40 out with drizzle and was definitely not pressing so they held up fine. The rs-29's are a bit squeally on the street, more high pitched than outright loud, but the stock was silent and felt great. Still love this setup and will be returning them to the testing grounds a week from monday. Happy fathers day
      06-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #26
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #27
GreenMangoes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: FD

man those are nice...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #28
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Don't think the vmr's would fit, I use 19's. Am actually surprised the TE37's in 18's fit. I think the only 18's that fit this are the HRE Fall line wheels, there is another HRE (Julius, help), the advan TC-III that aren't out yet and the Volk TE37... think that's it as I am looking into some 18's as well. BTW, another great day at the track and the brakes once again were up to the task

Advan TC-III
These are built to clear the 380mm rotor kits and more, but since the wheels are not out yet, I only checked with Advan verbally, and they assured that it will not be a problem. I will send Advan the blue print for these to check for you; Klammer!

TE37 & TE37SL
I personally checked for clearance on these and i too was suprised how much clearance they had.

HRE R40 Series
To my knowledge, this will clear if they have the same profile as the forgings that they used to do for FallLine's Motorsport wheels. The Fall-Line race cars run a regulation compliant version of the Alcon brakes themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
I am running the pagid RS-29 on the track and have put about 8 track days, warm weather, at least 20 minute sessions and they have held in great. Brakes just aren't in issue (great for piece o' mind at track). Yesterday was about 85 and ran about 5, 30+ min. sessions and they did great. The pagids that came with the kit were great as well, didn't notice the difference at the track that much but the 2 days I left the stock pads in it was like 40 out with drizzle and was definitely not pressing so they held up fine. The rs-29's are a bit squeally on the street, more high pitched than outright loud, but the stock was silent and felt great. Still love this setup and will be returning them to the testing grounds a week from monday. Happy fathers day
That's a great review on the 2 different kinds of Pagid pads available for the Alcon Super Kit!
      06-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #29
alpina527
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT JZB/FR

Are the rear bells Steel? If so how heavy compared to standard?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 03:00 AM   #30
SECRET M
Engineer
Rep
Drives: N/A

how much?
      06-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #31
Omerta
rev limiter abuser
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius@WSTO View Post
Advan TC-III
These are built to clear the 380mm rotor kits and more, but since the wheels are not out yet, I only checked with Advan verbally, and they assured that it will not be a problem. I will send Advan the blue print for these to check for you; Klammer!

TE37 & TE37SL
I personally checked for clearance on these and i too was suprised how much clearance they had.

HRE R40 Series
To my knowledge, this will clear if they have the same profile as the forgings that they used to do for FallLine's Motorsport wheels. The Fall-Line race cars run a regulation compliant version of the Alcon brakes themselves.

That's a great review on the 2 different kinds of Pagid pads available for the Alcon Super Kit!
Think this Advan will clear them in 18"?... That Alcon kit doesn't look like the Super Kit
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #32
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omerta View Post
Think this Advan will clear them in 18"?... That Alcon kit doesn't look like the Super Kit
I am quite sure that they do not clear, BUT I can confirm this week when we get a set of the Advan 18" in.

06-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #33
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET M View Post
how much?
sent you the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina527 View Post
Are the rear bells Steel? If so how heavy compared to standard?
the rear hats on most aftermarket kits utlilize cast iron with internal dimensions that replicate the stock. this is really in order to retain the stock parking brakes!

We have never really weighed them. I will make sure to weigh them the next time they are in.