BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #111
k2e15
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

Sry to hear about this.. People suck sometimes.. I would have been so pissed!!! Good luck with the situation. .
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #112
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
And in a city like Irvine where Bimmers and Benz are everywhere, it just goes to show, as there are plentiful of examples from this forum alone, that money =/= class. I think its a good reason to move up to a better car tho, maybe a Porsche?
Uh, why exactly - does that make you a higher class...?

OP, I'm speechless. Unfortunately random violence exists, but it's still hard to take. Having endured a similar incident a year or so ago, I can tell you it goes away after repairs and fades into history. Good luck with fast, outstanding repairs!

Cheers

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #113
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Now! View Post
Uh, why exactly - does that make you a higher class...?

OP, I'm speechless. Unfortunately random violence exists, but it's still hard to take. Having endured a similar incident a year or so ago, I can tell you it goes away after repairs and fades into history. Good luck with fast, outstanding repairs!

Cheers
can you not understand the point Im trying to make?

Told him to move up to a Porsche since this can be a good excuse to change cars, and typically Porsche is a nice change from a bimmer.
      12-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #114
Port Canaveral M3 driver
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 M3 & 05 BMW R1200GS

Garage List
Were there any old scorned girlfriends or landscapers working? In my town, they use prison labor to trim tress, weed-wack and they don't give a crap about scratching cars up, at the end of the day, they go back to the jail. Perhaps they decided to screw with your car because they could not cut the hedge? Just a long shot, trying to come up with an answer for you. Any business security cameras in the area that might have picked up pictures of folks in the area during that time? What a frigging nightmare that is. I would love to put those fuckers in jail! Do a police report for your insurance company, perhaps a police cruiser saw someone they knew near your car, again a long shot. One thing for sure, the folks that did that are low life chicken shit cowards. Good example for having a small recording camera/device mounted for security purpose. I feel for you, that sucks

Last edited by Port Canaveral M3 driver; 12-06-2012 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: grammer
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #115
bris2013m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
I've always said that i would rather someone just punch me rather then mess with my cars or motorcycles. It is just sick that people do this. Sorry ass douche nozzles I hope Karma comes around 10 fold
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #116
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Canaveral M3 driver View Post
Were there any old scorned girlfriends or landscapers working? In my town, they use prison labor to trim tress, weed-wack and they don't give a crap about scratching cars up, at the end of the day, they go back to the jail. Perhaps they decided to screw with your car because they could not cut the hedge? Just a long shot, trying to come up with an answer for you. Any business security cameras in the area that might have picked up pictures of folks in the area during that time? What a frigging nightmare that is. I would love to put those fuckers in jail! Do a police report for your insurance company, perhaps a police cruiser saw someone they knew near your car, again a long shot. One thing for sure, the folks that did that are low life chicken shit cowards. Good example for having a small recording camera/device mounted for security purpose. I feel for you, that sucks
Thanks.

I know my post was long but for the nth time - NO EX's of any type anywhere near. Car was very likely vandalized at night - no one working. That being said the landscaper idea is not a bad one. Checked with building management directly and NO cameras. It probably would not have happened if cameras were present. Cops came quickly saw nothing, no reports.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #117
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Swamp - so sorry to see this.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #118
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD

can you not understand the point Im trying to make?

Told him to move up to a Porsche since this can be a good excuse to change cars, and typically Porsche is a nice change from a bimmer.
oh, I'm pretty sure I understood your point

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #119
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Wow, I think I would of just had a heart attack.

Did you seriously piss someone off? This doesn't look like a minor hater, they seriously were out there to get you.

Document everything real well as the value of your car will take a serious hit after it has been repainted.

GL Man.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #120
LemonOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///Most Powerful Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
Im sorry for your situation, suck. But with the plethora of M3 idiots so eager to prove themselves in threads like "do you track your M3" and "M3 vs Income" etc. etc. It just goes to show the type of owners of BMW are, and that stereotypes are true, which makes us amazingly common targets. Its sad but true. BMW owners do think they're "all that" despite some try to act humble and pretend they are, and they are somehow "better" than all the other car enthusiasts out there, I am just no longer surprised anymore when this kind of stuff happens. I do feel for you tho, the car will never been the same, nor its resale value and paint. And in a city like Irvine where Bimmers and Benz are everywhere, it just goes to show, as there are plentiful of examples from this forum alone, that money =/= class. I think its a good reason to move up to a better car tho, maybe a Porsche?
My friend, I think you got carried away a little over there..
This is a car forum, let's not talk about "money and class" especially on a thread like this.

OP, I feel sorry for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #121
carbon//m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4 vert

Wow some sick people out there
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #122
mthreefan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Le Mans Blue M3 (ZCP)

damn sorry to hear

2013 Le Mans Blue M3 - ZCP :: Lux v3 :: Protech Film
Project Pictures :: My M3 :: Matte Wrap
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #123
Smokey
Lucky Lefty
Rep
Drives: on twisty roads

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2017 Porsche Macan GTS  [8.00]
2011 M3  [10.00]
2013 bmw F25 msport  [10.00]
2011 335iS  [9.60]
WTF?! People can be cruel! I just don't understand why anyone would go out of his way to do this. I feel for you, man. Am sure it'll be as good as new once it's fixed. Keep up the positive attitude

The Power of M
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #124
Detroit M3
Major
Rep
Drives: Murdered E92 M3

Wow, sorry man. Definitely go through insurance to take care of her. F%$^ the a@# hole that did this, like burn in hell.
      12-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #125
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post

Office park, more or less SE corner of I-5 and Jamboree.

The car was parked for many hours after my arrival and before the damage. If that was at all possible they would have had to follow me, note my location and return much later with the off chance the car would still be there (after 7 p.m.).

I agree (as did the Police) that the level of damage indicates some very strong personal feelings. I just cannot come up with a single suspect. It's impossible to know for sure but I am still strongly suspecting it was more or less random. Random less the choice of a reasonably nice car.
I also work in this area (Jamboree and 405 actually) and would also second the notion of someone who knows you, or your car.

As everyone who lives and works in the Irvine area knows, M3s are seriously a dime a dozen. (Especially white and/or silver ones.) There are also way nicer cars around. Maybe not nicer cars normally parked outside overnight, but still - a random attack seems unlikely. I've seen AMGs and Porsches parked overnight in my garage who obviously thought nothing of it (granted - I'm a little closer to Newport, and covered, but still.)

All my friends and I have modded (and conspicuously-colored) Ms, and the only place we've had any problems has been out of OC. (A concert in San Bernardino ended up with a keying and a stolen side gill.)

As a member of the M family, my condolences go out to you in this difficult time. That said, you have insurance, and it looks like a great opportunity to get a new paint job. All is not lost.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #126
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
I also work in this area (Jamboree and 405 actually) and would also second the notion of someone who knows you, or your car.

As everyone who lives and works in the Irvine area knows, M3s are seriously a dime a dozen. (Especially white and/or silver ones.) There are also way nicer cars around. Maybe not nicer cars normally parked outside overnight, but still - a random attack seems unlikely. I've seen AMGs and Porsches parked overnight in my garage who obviously thought nothing of it (granted - I'm a little closer to Newport, and covered, but still.)

All my friends and I have modded (and conspicuously-colored) Ms, and the only place we've had any problems has been out of OC. (A concert in San Bernardino ended up with a keying and a stolen side gill.)

As a member of the M family, my condolences go out to you in this difficult time. That said, you have insurance, and it looks like a great opportunity to get a new paint job. All is not lost.
I also live in this area but I work in Downtown LA. However, I am always driving around those buildings and my wife works nearby.

It really freaks me out to see this stuff but I also have a hard time thinking its random, but who knows parking overnight could have drew in some crazy drunks kids (not common in the area).

I also agree, there are tons of M3s heavily modded, GTRs, AMGs, R8s all around this place. I was actually suprised at how many of my neighbors have M3s which made my car feel common...hence the mod bug.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #127
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

I swear, I am not a huge guy or a MMA champion...but the day I will witness someone doing this to a car, any car.... I am going to play Medieval on their ass!

So sorry thread this OP!!!

12-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #128
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Even the carbon fiber top got some.
      12-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #129
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
When i see someone ....do things like that.....then someone will be murdered !!!
THIS! !!! Somebody needs to die for this! !!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #130
PortoM3
M3lover
Germany
Rep
Drives: SSII M3

sorry to hear what happened to your car. is the roof fixable/ paintable? I hope just ONE time, I will read a "happy ending" to these stories with the guy busted or got street justice.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #131
Pontrelli
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Wow, I think I would of just had a heart attack.

Did you seriously piss someone off? This doesn't look like a minor hater, they seriously were out there to get you.

Document everything real well as the value of your car will take a serious hit after it has been repainted.

GL Man.
+1..seems "too" intent on inflicting maximum damage to be just random vandalism
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #132
My 10th BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3

Hate to see this , and so sorry it happened.
Dont We all wish We could catch these jerks in the act.
Anybody Here smart enough to design a tiny camera system from available components, that could be mounted on the mirror and maybe back window ?
Something smaller than a GoPro.
Appreciate 0