BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

08-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Easy cooking for the man.

Please post up your easy cooking recipes. I've been grilling my foods outside and need more variety. Barbeque chicken can only taste soo good. So go ahead and post some quick snacks or eating tips that don't involve too many steps and are easy to prepare.

On another note, my mother bought me a George Foreman Grill and I want to start using it tonight. I took a couple 6oz chicken breasts and threw them in a big zip lock baggy with half a cup of Garlic and Herb marinade. When i get back home I want to cook them in the G.Foreman. My question here is that the grill is digital and there is no low-high settings. It reads in degrees "F" like an oven would show. What temp and time should I cook these chicken breast?

Joy
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

the easiest recipe would be to hook up with a girl who likes to cook.

Yeah, let see some recipe coz i like to start cooking myself.
      08-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #3
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep

Well I used the George Foreman last night with 4 6oz chicken breast and in 8 minutes they were fully cooked and still moist...Very happy with it...Definately a bachelors grill.

Picked up a few chicken breast this mrning and plan on cooking them the same way, just with a different marinade...

C'mon guys, help, this is gonna get old quick.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Great thread idea

A quick chicken recipe -

Take (I'm a fan of thin sliced chicken, it cooks much faster) chicken, dip it in italian dressing, then bread in bread crumbs. Cook.

Really easy and damn good. Goes great with rice, potatoes, any veggie.

I had this for the first time at a relative's house. Could not pin down what it was, when I asked, she was embarassed to tell me since its that simple. Really tastes good though..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 09:13 AM   #5
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
Great thread idea

A quick chicken recipe -

Take (I'm a fan of thin sliced chicken, it cooks much faster) chicken, dip it in italian dressing, then bread in bread crumbs. Cook.

Really easy and damn good. Goes great with rice, potatoes, any veggie.

I had this for the first time at a relative's house. Could not pin down what it was, when I asked, she was embarassed to tell me since its that simple. Really tastes good though..
more dead chickens

How about fish and shrimp?
      08-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #6
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
more dead chickens

How about fish and shrimp?
I don't really eat fish and shrimp..

Just never really cared for the taste..

I like dead chicken, dead cow. And every now and then at a nice italian restaurant, a dead baby cow..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #7
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I fried 9 pink jumbo wild shrimp last night. Butterfly devein wash. Zatarain's fish fry mix. Dry mix mixed with beer to make dip. Dip shrimp in the wet mix, let excess drip off. Flop around in another bowl with dry mix. Fried in 100% canola. Home made cocktail and tartar sauce. Cold beer fried shrimp, nothing else to get in the way. Yes, I do cook a lot. Single never married... no choice. The women I see can't toast bread.
Easy cooking???? Nothing really easy is going to be that tasty. I do like grilled cheese with thin sliced ripe tomatoes and very thin sliced red onion.
      08-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #8
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I fried 9 pink jumbo wild shrimp last night. Butterfly devein wash. Zatarain's fish fry mix. Dry mix mixed with beer to make dip. Dip shrimp in the wet mix, let excess drip off. Flop around in another bowl with dry mix. Fried in 100% canola. Home made cocktail and tartar sauce. Cold beer fried shrimp, nothing else to get in the way. Yes, I do cook a lot. Single never married... no choice. The women I see can't toast bread.
Easy cooking???? Nothing really easy is going to be that tasty. I do like grilled cheese with thin sliced ripe tomatoes and very thin sliced red onion.
My guess is you can also substitute your recipes with your choice of filet fish? But how does fried fish tates with wet beer mix?
      08-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #9
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Good recipes.

Here is mine:

1. serving of Easy mac. Follow directions. Put in microwave. Wait a bit. And you have some mac and cheese.

or

2. Do it the old fashioned way by boiling water and such.

As you can see I love Mac and cheese.
      08-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

Keep them coming I just moved out and need some recipe ideas! lol...
      08-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #11
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Good recipes.

Here is mine:

1. serving of Easy mac. Follow directions. Put in microwave. Wait a bit. And you have some mac and cheese.

or

2. Do it the old fashioned way by boiling water and such.

As you can see I love Mac and cheese.

My favourite is the lowfat easy mac microwaved for 3 minutes followed by a can of tuna or a cup of chopped chicken breast.

I always include 30-40 grams of protein in any meal. 4-5 meals a day and I'm set.

I boiled some wholegrain pasta and grileld some chicken breast last week that were absolutely delicious. I think thats gonna be my dinner tonight.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #12
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My guess is you can also substitute your recipes with your choice of filet fish? But how does fried fish tates with wet beer mix?
Snapper, catfish, flounder, even oysters....ALL good this way. Squeeze fresh lemon on right before service. Use just enough beer to make the mix flow able. Not runny nor thick. Too thick is worse than too thin. You will have so much batter you hide the main flavor.
      08-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #13
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
uhh im more of a baker... but i'll share my recipe for white cake... i usually make ice cream cakes or some type of cream cake... such as strawberry creme white cake.

2 1/4 cups cake flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup egg whites
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350degrees

Sift together flour, salt, baking powder--make sure clumps are gone.

Cream butter until smooth, gradually blend in 1 cup of sugar and mix. Add vanilla extract and mix. Stir in 1/4 cup of egg whites and beat until light and fluffy.

Stir in solid mixture and milk alternatively in three portion, so you begin with 1/2 of solid mixture, then the 1 cup of milk, and then the other 1/2 of solid mixture, beating well in between each segment.

In a separate bowl, beat the remaining 1/4 egg whites until stiff, gradually beating in the remaining sugar (1/3 cup). Fold mixture lightly into the batter and try not to deflate the mixture.

Spray 9inch circular pan with butter liberally. Bake for 30-40 mins until center of cake springs back when lightly pressed. May want to alternate between top and bottom of the oven to ensure that it cooks evenly. Also might want to cover top with ceramic wrap and aluminum foil after doneness so that the top does not crack.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #14
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
uhh im more of a baker... but i'll share my recipe for white cake... i usually make ice cream cakes or some type of cream cake... such as strawberry creme white cake.

2 1/4 cups cake flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup egg whites
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350degrees

Sift together flour, salt, baking powder--make sure clumps are gone.

Cream butter until smooth, gradually blend in 1 cup of sugar and mix. Add vanilla extract and mix. Stir in 1/4 cup of egg whites and beat until light and fluffy.

Stir in solid mixture and milk alternatively in three portion, so you begin with 1/2 of solid mixture, then the 1 cup of milk, and then the other 1/2 of solid mixture, beating well in between each segment.

In a separate bowl, beat the remaining 1/4 egg whites until stiff, gradually beating in the remaining sugar (1/3 cup). Fold mixture lightly into the batter and try not to deflate the mixture.

Spray 9inch circular pan with butter liberally. Bake for 30-40 mins until center of cake springs back when lightly pressed. May want to alternate between top and bottom of the oven to ensure that it cooks evenly. Also might want to cover top with ceramic wrap and aluminum foil after doneness so that the top does not crack.
Did you read the title of this thread??

More specifically the part where he used the word "EASY"..

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #15
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
its easy... easy to make... easier to eat. so threeasy

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #16
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Meat and cheese items only please.
      08-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #17
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
its easy... easy to make... easier to eat. so threeasy
So which e90 ladies are you trying to showoff to (is it nikki )

sorry ladies, nikki is the only one who frequent this site so she is all I could remember at the moment )
      08-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #18
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3-35i

I haven't found anything that I can't cook in my Foreman Grill...pure genius that invention. I don't think he was the genius though.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 12:20 AM   #19
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
So which e90 ladies are you trying to showoff to (is it nikki )

sorry ladies, nikki is the only one who frequent this site so she is all I could remember at the moment )
all of them of course.

actually if i wanted to be broke and living in a shack the rest of my life... i'd probably be at culinary school

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #20
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

www.recipezaar.com Pretty useful if you have ten thumbs in the kitchen.
      08-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #21
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3-35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
www.recipezaar.com Pretty useful if you have ten thumbs in the kitchen.
This one is also good for really easy stuff that is very good.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/
Appreciate 0