BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Mporium BMW

08-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #859
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
so what about the 2 fights thats brazilian vs brazilian? draw?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 06:53 AM   #860
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Yep and if they can't sign Hendo they will apparently give him Sonnen. IMHO, I think Sonnen is a fraud, he's entertaining to listen to but he's a poor role model for the sport. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets done for banned substances again, the guy just lies non-stop. I really want to see him get KO'd.

I'd like to see Silva retire undefeated. I'd hate to see Silva go down to Okami but anything can happen!
Sonnen still has Stann to go through and I'm not so sure he will. And yes, Sonnen is fake, this all started after his fight w/ Okami, he said he never wants one of his fights to go unnoticed again, so thats when all the trash talking started. I was a big fan of his back in the WEC days but now its getting old w/ all the BS

I only want Silva to retire undefeated in the UFC, if he stays retired. I hate all the flip flopping that tends to go on.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #861
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
Sonnen still has Stann to go through and I'm not so sure he will. And yes, Sonnen is fake, this all started after his fight w/ Okami, he said he never wants one of his fights to go unnoticed again, so thats when all the trash talking started. I was a big fan of his back in the WEC days but now its getting old w/ all the BS

I only want Silva to retire undefeated in the UFC, if he stays retired. I hate all the flip flopping that tends to go on.
Agreed!
      08-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #862
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post

I haven't seen much of Stann but he seems like a real contender. I think he would be a good match up. I think Sonnen is doing everything possible to be noticed and get his name out there because if he loses the next 2 fights he will be old news.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #863
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

I really hope Stann beats the shit out of Sonnen, he's just a loud mouth.

As for UFC Rio. Here's my picks:

Cane
Barboza
Big Nog (unlikely but still rooting for him)
Shogun
Silva

Basically all Brazilian lol! The only one I don't see winning really is Big Nog. Too many injuries, surgeries and not enough time to prepare. Tho he did bring in Olympian Wrestling trainers and he is sparring with the likes of Junior and BigFoot. That should count for something. WAR SILVA! Hope he finishes his career in the ufc undefeated as well
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #864
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I think if Big Nog can execute his plan by getting Schuab to the ground he might pull off a submission. I hope he's in good form, I'm keen for him to win!

I'm really pumped for this card. I wish I was in Brazil for this, the atmosphere looks unreal.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #865
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I think if Big Nog can execute his plan by getting Schuab to the ground he might pull off a submission. I hope he's in good form, I'm keen for him to win!

I'm really pumped for this card. I wish I was in Brazil for this, the atmosphere looks unreal.
Same, I'm rooting for BigNog. Hope he can work his magic and get a sub win! What I would give to be in Brazil right now. Those Brazilians are crazy when it comes to sporting events!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #866
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Sonnen is a loudmouth, but he gets results. We can all nit pick about the controversy concerning him... but all in all it more than likely was not a factor in his last outing in which he beat Silvas ass for 5 solid rounds, of non stop pummeling then got caught waiting for the bell.

Steroids/Testosterone = Whatever. EVERYONE has something, and if you dont think so your just living in a hole. I for one believe he was one of the unfortunate who got caught with elevated testosterone, that you can get anywhere for that matter. But I digress...

Hes a loud mouth, but he gets results, point blank. He can back up his shit talk. I like him because he doesn't care, and he likes it loud and out there, self promotion gets you paid in the business.

His match with Stann... could go anyway. If Silva couldnt KO him, Stann doesnt have a better chance... and hes more rookie than a fighter like Silva. He has power on his side, about it.

Nog - washed up, and too broken and wont take the pounding on the feet and the only way it gets to the ground is when Nog gets KOd. I believe Forest is still hungry, will come and punish a tired Rua for 5 again unless he scores a solid KO early, either way its Forest all the way.

Silva/Okami... Yeah, well lets just say I hope as always Silva gets his eyes twisted to the back of his skull... KO style.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #867
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Same, I'm rooting for BigNog. Hope he can work his magic and get a sub win! What I would give to be in Brazil right now. Those Brazilians are crazy when it comes to sporting events!!!
I hope so man. I think when he loses a couple of fights we dismiss him because he looks so relic and a bit slow, as if he's lost his edge. I know he's coming off a massive layoff but he did lose to Velasquez, albeit a brutal KO. But I think Velasquez is a beast though. Lets hope Big Nog wins this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
Sonnen is a loudmouth, but he gets results. We can all nit pick about the controversy concerning him... but all in all it more than likely was not a factor in his last outing in which he beat Silvas ass for 5 solid rounds, of non stop pummeling then got caught waiting for the bell.

Steroids/Testosterone = Whatever. EVERYONE has something, and if you dont think so your just living in a hole. I for one believe he was one of the unfortunate who got caught with elevated testosterone, that you can get anywhere for that matter. But I digress...

Hes a loud mouth, but he gets results, point blank. He can back up his shit talk. I like him because he doesn't care, and he likes it loud and out there, self promotion gets you paid in the business.

His match with Stann... could go anyway. If Silva couldnt KO him, Stann doesnt have a better chance... and hes more rookie than a fighter like Silva. He has power on his side, about it.

Nog - washed up, and too broken and wont take the pounding on the feet and the only way it gets to the ground is when Nog gets KOd. I believe Forest is still hungry, will come and punish a tired Rua for 5 again unless he scores a solid KO early, either way its Forest all the way.

Silva/Okami... Yeah, well lets just say I hope as always Silva gets his eyes twisted to the back of his skull... KO style.
Fair points although I don't necessarily agree with everything but that's the beauty of MMA We'll see what happens on fight day...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #868
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

Main card:
Anderson Silva (30-4) vs. Yushin Okami (26-5)
[Middleweight title]
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (19-5) vs. Forrest Griffin (18-6)
Brendan Schaub (8-1) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6, 1 NC)
Ross Pearson (12-4) vs. Edson Barboza (8-0)
Luiz Cane (11-3) vs. Stanislav Nedkov (11-0)

What's your predictions?

Mine:
Okami by decision
Griffin by decision
Schaub by decision
Barboza by 2nd round stoppage
Cane by 1st round stoppage

I would put reason but itll just turn into an argument.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #869
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
Main card:
Anderson Silva (30-4) vs. Yushin Okami (26-5)
[Middleweight title]
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (19-5) vs. Forrest Griffin (18-6)
Brendan Schaub (8-1) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6, 1 NC)
Ross Pearson (12-4) vs. Edson Barboza (8-0)
Luiz Cane (11-3) vs. Stanislav Nedkov (11-0)

What's your predictions?

Mine:
Okami by decision
Griffin by decision
Schaub by decision
Barboza by 2nd round stoppage
Cane by 1st round stoppage

I would put reason but itll just turn into an argument.
Silva - round 2 stoppage (although I want him to lose)
Shogun - decision
Schaub - round 2 stoppage
Barboza - round 2 stoppage (agreed)
Cane - round 2 k.o.
      08-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #870
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
I really hate being overseas... 2AM just for UFC to START....
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #871
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
HAHA.. fight stop fail. That dude needs to learn some basic english or he is gonna get someone hurt...
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 02:20 AM   #872
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
EPIC fail of fight outcomes.... Shit, one of my worst experiences watching a UFC event. Brazilians fans are retarded to boot, grabbing fighters, pulling thier arms and holding them for pictures without letting them go... Fucking screaming at anyone that inst Brazilian "YOUR GONA DIE" in a stadium wide chant. What a bunch of fuck nuts, no wonder Chael hates those people so much.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 02:28 AM   #873
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Awesome fight card. Silva fight was epic!! This guy is the real deal, he's legit. I'm sure he's converted a lot of haters. The Nogeuira KO over Schuab was awesome and also good to see Shogun win. I bet on the Brazilians today
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #874
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
EPIC fail of fight outcomes.... Shit, one of my worst experiences watching a UFC event. Brazilians fans are retarded to boot, grabbing fighters, pulling thier arms and holding them for pictures without letting them go... Fucking screaming at anyone that inst Brazilian "YOUR GONA DIE" in a stadium wide chant. What a bunch of fuck nuts, no wonder Chael hates those people so much.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/08/2...reatest-in-uf/
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #875
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
holy shit is all i could say last night, amazing night of fights

Barboza and Pearson put on one hell of a fight, I am still not sure who I was the most impressed by. This is the best both have looked, can't wait to see both again. Felt bad for Luis Cane, he was dominating but got a lil sloppy and lost it, he's young so I'm sure he'll learn and come back stronger

I thought Big Nogs win was super impressive, it wasn't like Tito v Bader, where Bader went in all sloppy and got caught, Brendan was looking sharp, landed a bunch of good shots but I saw Big Nog land a couple of good ones himself and I knew he was finding his groove and sure enough, KOed him a couple of minutes later

I wasn't sure what Shogun was going to come out so I couldn't pick him but I knew if he came out like the old Shogun he would get the KO, great to see him in that form again

There is no way people can still talk shit about Anderson, he made it look way too easy. After he landed all those knees in the first round while in the clinch, you could tell Okami didn't want anything to do w/ the clinch anymore. His take down got stuffed, I was surprised how good Anderson take down defense was, specially w/ such a strong opponent. The way he came out for the 2nd round, you just knew he was going to finish him right away.

I really don't know whats next for Anderson but it better be on FOX and the way Dana kept answering the that questing in circles, leads me to believe they are trying to work something out

and lastly, lol at Palhares, WTF dude
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #876
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Palhares is an idiot... /discussion.

Silva does have great technical skill and timing, but my impression of him is hes a douche and a chump, will cheer against him at every fight.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #877
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

08-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #878
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
That was awesome how he went for broke. I think he was hurt badly before that point. Also funny to see him fall over at the end there!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #879
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
man on a fucking mission! lol!!!

Crazy ass card. Big Nog got some fight in him left. Brandon looked good but Nog was simply better. Great to see him get the win. Old Shogan came out and damn he looked good. Can't wait to see him fight again. Silva..... ya...... Okami had nothing for him. I honestly don't think Silva's got any legit opponents left in mw -_-;
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #880
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I just watched the entire card again. Epic card! Man Silva looked so good, I thought the first knock-down was awesome!! Agreed, no more contenders at MW, time to move up or fight GSP.
Appreciate 0