BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

What is the best BMW Android App for 2008 E93?

I just bought the car. And i am wondering what is the best app for my car? Car is fully loaded version for 2008. And i guess we can not use ConnectedDrive in the usa like European does. I downloaded My BMW Remote for my Andorid. It asks Username and password. You can not even find the USA in their website. Only option is Asia Europe and Middle East as always!! And is there anyway to transfer our cellphone Internet to the car? Facebook, Internet Radio etc. vie Bluetooth connection or with app?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Do some searching. Your topics have been covered in several threads. Yes, BMW remote works in the US. Connected Drive also works if you have BMW Apps in your car. You can have internet in the car with BMW Live. Your car may need a combox retrofit in order to take advantage of certain features. We sell all the items need to get you what you desire.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
Koldun
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

BMW remote kind of sucks. I like the GPS locate car feature, and I guess the unlock could be useful maybe? The map is shit. It either lags out when you try to log in, or crashes when you try to search, or it often can't find what you are looking for, or it fails to send the data to the car.

I downloaded an app called Send To Car. I can just use google maps to find something and send the directions to the car right from the app. Works 100% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #4
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun View Post
BMW remote kind of sucks. I like the GPS locate car feature, and I guess the unlock could be useful maybe? The map is shit. It either lags out when you try to log in, or crashes when you try to search, or it often can't find what you are looking for, or it fails to send the data to the car.

I downloaded an app called Send To Car. I can just use google maps to find something and send the directions to the car right from the app. Works 100% of the time.
Thank you so much
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post
I just bought the car. And i am wondering what is the best app for my car? Car is fully loaded version for 2008. And i guess we can not use ConnectedDrive in the usa like European does. I downloaded My BMW Remote for my Andorid. It asks Username and password. You can not even find the USA in their website. Only option is Asia Europe and Middle East as always!! And is there anyway to transfer our cellphone Internet to the car? Facebook, Internet Radio etc. vie Bluetooth connection or with app?
You have a 2008 idrive which will be the CCC. Unless you upgrade to the CIC/Combox upgrade, you cannot use any of the newer apps like Internet radio, Internet, Pandora, etc.

The only apps that worked for when I had my 2008 was BMW Remote (which has lock/unlock and send to car). Other than that, nothing else integrates with the old system.

To use BMW Remote, you probably have to activate Assist and tell them to transfer it to your name and login before you can use BMW Remote. The login is assigned to you when you sign up. I am not sure if there's a fee involved if the original BMW Assist subscription was to expire.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #6
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
You have a 2008 idrive which will be the CCC. Unless you upgrade to the CIC/Combox upgrade, you cannot use any of the newer apps like Internet radio, Internet, Pandora, etc.

The only apps that worked for when I had my 2008 was BMW Remote (which has lock/unlock and send to car). Other than that, nothing else integrates with the old system.

To use BMW Remote, you probably have to activate Assist and tell them to transfer it to your name and login before you can use BMW Remote. The login is assigned to you when you sign up. I am not sure if there's a fee involved if the original BMW Assist subscription was to expire.
Thank you so much. I will probably upgrade from CCC to CIC soon Then i can start using the apps and feel like driving 2013 m3
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 08:43 PM   #7
JameSpolly
Registered
Rep
Drives: dsfasdf

I love this forum much!