BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds

11-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
njw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 - LBB/6MT/Exec

FS: 2002 Ducati 748s Rare Titanium Gray w. Termi's

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I have just relocated to a snowy place where my beautiful bike will sit for months at a time without being able to ride it, so the day has come to let her go. You may or may not have seen one of these bikes in person, but they are absolutely beautiful in both sight and sound. I have enjoyed every single moment on this machine and have taken great care of it over the years. I bought it from Ducati of Knoxville, TN back in early 2003 and it has been garage kept and babied ever since. All regular maintenance has been performed by professional Ducati dealerships and most recently at the Ducshop in Atlanta. They said it was one of the cleanest engines they have seen, with no flaking rocker arm issues or metal in the engine oil at all. This is because I have rarely ever taken it over 9k rpm, and I am serious about that. The miles are all cruising and easy commuter distances since I have lived in warm climates before now and have been lucky enough to ride year round. I have only tracked it one time and I still took it easy because I didn't want to risk laying it down. This beautiful bike gets so much attention everywhere it goes, you would not be disappointed at all.

Here are the details:
1 of 250 made worldwide, 200 of which were shipped to North America

748cc Desmoquattro engine with TiN coated fully-adjustable Showa shocks, both front and rear

27,6xx miles

All original except for a few carbon bits and full Termignoni exhaust with Ducati Performance chip from the dealership when I purchased it.

License plate relocation kit with integrated turn signals

Since these bikes were so rare, they were all made with the biposto rear subframe because the European versions had rear passenger seats. A few years ago I purchased a stock European rear cowl because I wanted to take girls for a ride when they asked. I never put it on and it is still wrapped in the original box. I am including it with the bike, it cost me $700 on sale...

Before moving from San Diego in Sept., I had brand new Pirelli Diablo Rosso tires and a new 520 chain and sprocket put on the bike. I also purchased a new PitBull rear stand that will be included with the bike.

I also recently ordered a new carbon front fender, which should be on soon.

Asking $6500 firm

When spring rolls around, I will be very sad that it is gone but my priorities are shifting and it's time to focus on other things in life. I must mention, I DO NOT have to sell it as a necessity, so there will be no haggling on the price. This is a great price for how rare this bike is, especially with all the new parts that are included.

Here are a few pictures of the bike, I can send more if requested. PM me for additional questions. I can meet you half way with the bike if you live within 750 miles of Salt Lake. If you prefer, I can crate and ship the bike after you work out the details. All shipping costs are your responsibility. Thanks for looking.

Attached Images

11-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
gixxer_kidd
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
beautiful bike! i love this color combo. i saw one a few years down in florida. amazing in person. didn't realize how rare they were. good luck with your sale.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
Boricua10
Registered
Rep
Drives: 323

2002 Ducati 748s

Do still have it available for sale? I could be reached at juliovargas.century21@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

wow, if I knew how to ride a bike, I would buy it in a heartbeat
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
SPX
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Awesome bike. Only thing puts me off is the signature picture of you racing it. I want a bike that was babied and lower miles than that.
Appreciate 0