BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

11-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Marioalex24
Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Clear bra in los Angeles

Hey everyone just got delivery this past Thursday on my new M3. But I'm looking for a place to add a clear bra on the front bumper and hood. If anyone knows of a good place, please let me know.

Thanks
Mario
      11-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Premier has a location in SoCal I believe. Internationally known and you're best bet.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
ocgasman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioalex24 View Post
Hey everyone just got delivery this past Thursday on my new M3. But I'm looking for a place to add a clear bra on the front bumper and hood. If anyone knows of a good place, please let me know.

Thanks
Mario
Premier in Orange.

http://premiermobilegroup.com/

They're also a forum sponsor. Nobody does better work.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #4
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

i hear that they are really good, but be ready to pay about twice the amount of any other shops in the area. they are pricey.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 01:45 AM   #5
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep

^ Certainly so. Don't forget at times you get what you pay for. Skimping out on such a valuable vehicle seems silly. And take into account how much you'd spend if you go to a cheap place only to have to have it redone within the next year or two because of problems. "If you think the pro's are expensive... you should see how much the amateurs can cost you."
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
ocgasman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberry View Post
i hear that they are really good, but be ready to pay about twice the amount of any other shops in the area. they are pricey.

You get what you pay for. If you want minimum wage service and installation, then by all means go cheap on your $70,000 car.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

I have both Premier and Aerotect (in La Verne) performed clear bra service on my M3...and I'll say they are equally good. Premier charges more, but they probably also offer the better customer service.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #8
Richie Carbone
Banned
Rep
Drives: Charger SRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
Premier has a location in SoCal I believe. Internationally known and you're best bet.
Another vote for Premier as well as I have been to thier Fremont facility and have seen thier work in person. Great bunch of guys as well.

You won't be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #9
johnL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

My sister just had her car done by a company and her boyfriend is not happy with it. They've seen mine and the most obvious is the mirrors where they joined two pieces of plastic that is somewhat crooked and the line shows up. Premier did mine with everything in one entire sheet, so there are no crooked lines showing. Your best bet is premier
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: one old Mcar

Thanks for all supporting us. We strive to be the best at what we do.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #11
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep

Eclipsis: And the truth shall set you free.

Premier specialized in films, not paint correction. There's a reason that they often work hand-in-hand with top-notch professionals like the widely known Bob Willis of Auto Concierge, who isn't just one of the best detailers in California, but one of the best in the nation.
In addition, they have a lot of clients from high end shops like SharkWerks and the like that pride themselves on doing the best work possible. The prep work I would expect of a company that specializes in films would be what is needed for film installation, nothing more or less. To say their prep work is "bad" or that they have a problem with their prep work only goes to show that the individual doesn't know what they're talking about, has something against Premier, or both.

Linking a write-up you did is an obvious conflict of interest, but besides that, it is a complete garbage write-up. You show direct sun shots of the "before" but then show shade shots in the afters when their is clearly still sunlight out. It would be one thing to have worked so hard and long that it is night after, but even then I'd expect AT LEAST a few halogen, LED, or another high lumen rated light source pictures. To not have any usually indicates the detailer / photographer has something to hide. With that car seeming to be an infamous Jet Black M3, it likely means the paint wasn't as flawless as it is being made out to be. You can fool those that don't know any better all you want; documentation like that of which you provided isn't going to tell a real professional that you really know what you're doing.

If you can take anything away from this: let it be that your work and what you do will speak for itself, and if you have nothing nice to say, do not say anything at all. I don't come and comment in your threads and point out your many various downfalls. It is even worse that you went out of your way to provide a negative comment to a company that worked with you in the past. Premier has a problem with your professionalism and character, and now it will be easy to see to anyone that reads this thread as to why.

EDIT: Oh come on mods - you were better off not deleting/removing what was said. It's not a matter of protecting your sponsor or removing garbage. Premier has done a lot to earn their reputation and no single individual with a shady past/work is going to change that. If someone wants to prove himself a fool; you're best off letting him.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #12
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
I have nothing against Premier; I was their booth car at Bimmerfest several years back. Chris and Sam are both great guys and know me personally. What I have a problem with is allowing horribly damaged paint to be clear bra'd. When the customer eventually wanted decent looking paint, he would have paid for a clear bra twice over: once with damaged paint, and twice after the paint is corrected. Premier is known for being great at what they do, that I'm not disputing because they've worked on two of my personal cars, but I think I owe informing fellow forum members of things to watch out for when dealing with Premier. Also, I have a shady past? What have I ever done that makes me shady? Having disagreements does not make one shady. I've been on this forum for more than three years, while you've been here for several months and only to hock your services.

If you doubt the quality of my work, take a look at the Photos & Media forum for one of my recent threads. I have nothing to hide nor do I have an axe to grind. I hope Premier doesn't take what I said personally, but instead recognizes a flaw in their business practices that would benefit both them and their customers. If helping fellow forum members make an informed decision makes me a "fool" as you said, then I'm truly a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
Eclipsis: And the truth shall set you free.

Premier specialized in films, not paint correction. There's a reason that they often work hand-in-hand with top-notch professionals like the widely known Bob Willis of Auto Concierge, who isn't just one of the best detailers in California, but one of the best in the nation.
In addition, they have a lot of clients from high end shops like SharkWerks and the like that pride themselves on doing the best work possible. The prep work I would expect of a company that specializes in films would be what is needed for film installation, nothing more or less. To say their prep work is "bad" or that they have a problem with their prep work only goes to show that the individual doesn't know what they're talking about, has something against Premier, or both.

Linking a write-up you did is an obvious conflict of interest, but besides that, it is a complete garbage write-up. You show direct sun shots of the "before" but then show shade shots in the afters when their is clearly still sunlight out. It would be one thing to have worked so hard and long that it is night after, but even then I'd expect AT LEAST a few halogen, LED, or another high lumen rated light source pictures. To not have any usually indicates the detailer / photographer has something to hide. With that car seeming to be an infamous Jet Black M3, it likely means the paint wasn't as flawless as it is being made out to be. You can fool those that don't know any better all you want; documentation like that of which you provided isn't going to tell a real professional that you really know what you're doing.

If you can take anything away from this: let it be that your work and what you do will speak for itself, and if you have nothing nice to say, do not say anything at all. I don't come and comment in your threads and point out your many various downfalls. It is even worse that you went out of your way to provide a negative comment to a company that worked with you in the past. Premier has a problem with your professionalism and character, and now it will be easy to see to anyone that reads this thread as to why.

EDIT: Oh come on mods - you were better off not deleting/removing what was said. It's not a matter of protecting your sponsor or removing garbage. Premier has done a lot to earn their reputation and no single individual with a shady past/work is going to change that. If someone wants to prove himself a fool; you're best off letting him.

Last edited by eclipsisNA; 11-09-2010 at 12:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #13
johnL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

I've met this detailer before - Eclipsis. Finally put 2 and 2 together and figured out who Eclipsis is. Saw first hand as I was with Chris and Rob at Bfest Clipsis trying to get into a brawl w/ one of our crew. Our bud accidentally threw a piece of bottle cap by accident and it hit Eclipsis' car. Sincere apologies were made, but this kid was throwing a tantrum and wouldn't let it go. He just kept punking us even though my boy kept saying "sorry". Let's just say he's got no character and woulda gotten a serious beat down if it wasn't for all of us calming things down.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread