BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

01-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #89
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

$$$$$ into new options...new models...
can't imagine how much next gen turbo M3 will cost... it will probably even go upto 80K~85K fully loaded...jeez
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #90
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Forget about comparing engine mods to the C63, a simple Evosport chip will take that car up to ~520 horsepower.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #91
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
I don't know if the European content of the Competition Package is anything to go by for the US, but this is what we get here:

Competition Package (around € 3,600 + VAT)
  • exclusive wheels: 19" - Style 359M - Y-Spoke
  • Lower suspension (-10mm)
  • New SPORT mode for EDC
There might be more features, though, at least for the US.

Best regards,
south
I find it difficult to imagine we would get anything more than this in the U.S. This is exactly as expected based on the information from our Canadian friend (Mark's M) and his Individual/M dealings.

- No big brakes
- No special ratio steering rack
- No exhaust
- No power changes
- No Alcantara

Just because ZCP meant certain things on the E46 that doesn't at all mean it should mean those things on the E9x.
      01-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #92
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Disappointing if it's true, though I'm still holding out hope for Monte Carlo Blue - if it becomes available in the US as a ZCP exclusive color then it makes the package worth the (estimated) price.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #93
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by besiktas View Post
Hi, i have a 3 month old 2010 e92 M3. I am wondering if there are performance upgrade thru ECU or changing few minor parts on the vehicle, will this option be available as an add on. C63 has a sports package in which a "revised" ECU provides 30 more hp. I could definately use an additional 30hp and 50nm torque, or a second quicker 0-120 mph acceleration.
You'll almost certainly be able to source the wheels and the springs after the MY11 M3 becomes available. I doubt BMW will offer a ZCP retrofit package for those of us with an earlier E92 M3 (like Ferrari does with the HGTC package for 599 owners), though BMW did offer that software performance package for N54 owners a while back, which is more or less the guts of the 335is, so you never know.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #94
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
I have a strong feeling it would be in BMW's best interests to make the ZCP options available individually. It's not like there won't be people available to pay for it. Here's to hoping though.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #95
JayeJaymes
Alien
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 2016 M4

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2016 M4  [0.00]
Gonna be a great year
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #96
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #97
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
I find it difficult to imagine we would get anything more than this in the U.S. This is exactly as expected based on the information from our Canadian friend (Mark's M) and his Individual/M dealings.

- No big brakes
- No special ratio steering rack
- No exhaust
- No power changes
- No Alcantara

Just because ZCP meant certain things on the E46 that doesn't at all mean it should mean those things on the E9x.
Exactly.

Something tells me that this M3 ZCP will be a dissapointment for the money... and it will be quite some money.

For me, if I want a Competition package I make it myself:

- Base M3 Coupe
- EDC
- Dinan springs (that's your conservative 10mm lowering)
- Performance seats
- Performance Steering wheel (no electronics)
- Brembos
- RG63 wheels with choice of performance tires
- Powerchip tune
- choice of exhaust

Quite practical in the street, very useful at the track.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #98
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Something tells me that this M3 ZCP will be a dissapointment
Why be disapointed you think you can do better. But I do not think your Competition package is that good. This one is better.
-base M3 Coupé
-EDC
-Recaro Pole Position seats
-Brembo brakes
-KW V3 CS coilovers
-Akrapovic full exhaust
-Noelle Motors ECU
-BBS FI rims
-Nitto tires
-GruppM intaike
-Activeautowerke SSK and Pulleys
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #99
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Why be disapointed you think you can do better. But I do not think your Competition package is that good. This one is better.
-base M3 Coupé
-EDC
-Recaro Pole Position seats
-Brembo brakes
-KW V3 CS coilovers
-Akrapovic full exhaust
-Noelle Motors ECU
-BBS FI rims
-Nitto tires
-GruppM intaike
-Activeautowerke SSK and Pulleys
- I'll take the RAC wheels over the BBS FI rims.
- I will also consider different tires

Everything else looks great!

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #100
besiktas
Ultimate Driver for the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

I really doubt that you can add an extra 100hp by chip. If it was true, and that simple, bmw would have done it long before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Forget about comparing engine mods to the C63, a simple Evosport chip will take that car up to ~520 horsepower.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #101
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
I really doubt that you can add an extra 100hp by chip. If it was true, and that simple, bmw would have done it long before.
The reason why the 63's were able to get that much bump is that the motor is detuned from factory. It's the same 63 engines in the E class that makes 500 at the crank, so a simple tune would have boosted it up to ~520 at the crank, which means the tune only provided about ~15 hp gain the crank compared to the "standard" output of the 63 engine.
      01-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #102
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
What South said is correct, there will be no additional equipment from what Europe gets. Whether you class this as value for money is up to the individual but for the same money I think you could do a lot more.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #103
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I was thinking the same aajami. While this may have only become official today by virtue of the fact that it is in the order banks, Mark's M definitely gets credit for breaking the original news.
Oh thanks gentlemen (and MRakete), it's still exciting (for me anyways) to have this officially on the books.

Therefore, I'll be confirming contents and ordering my E92 next week (just waiting for a package from Germany with paint, trim and interior samples to see them together in person rather than electronically). I'm tentatively going to be scheduled for April production (although ZCP packages do start in March as you've all reported) but that's because of the Individual stuff I've specified over and above the Comp. Pkg - which add an extra 10 weeks to the process. This is my fault because I've been so damned undecisive about certain things and keep asking for changes. Serves me right but oh well. I expect to have the Cdn pricing for ZCP when I order so I'll let you guys know what it is if it hasn't already been released (U.S. pricing will be similar - aka a little less - no doubt).

The bad news for ZCP......no special colors at this time. And aajami, I'm really sorry about this one.....no sport exhaust option.

As well, ZCP packages will get the regular 19" M3 tires (flavor of the day). I had a big techical discussion with BMW about why I couldn't get the Pirelli Corsa's in the larger GTS sizes.....and lost. To make a long story short, I was told the tires "wouldn't work quite right" with our regular M3's. Yes, quite alot of you have "upped" your tire/wheel sizes without any ill effects but remember that BMW the company has to keep things pretty generic especially for a mass production car like the M3 ZCP. Also, the offsets for the GTS wheels haven't been finalized for production so they may in fact be different when the GTS is finally ready to go. So I've given up....and frankly I'd rather deal with more mundane things like choosing a paint color.....but that's Ok, no big deal.

Speaking of color again, Frozen Grey will be available shortly for those of you who'd like it but according to a fellow Cdn poster "Mr. D." who is doing something similar to me and dealing with the same people in Germany, North America apparently has to wait until a "U.K. only" special edition run of Frozen Greys are produced. BMW will be committing full paint production capacity to the British cars commencing in March. August production was what was suggested for North American availability for Frozen Grey. Well I never!!!

But here's something for you guys who love the matte look. Sounds like there's more to come!! I was told that BMW wanted to offer matte COLORS for the ZCP right away but "they" were still being tested. Hmmm, seeing as Frozen Grey is already out there, looks like alternatives will be available in the near future. Keep your fingers crossed.

All in all, I think it's great that BMW is offering a few changes here and there before this car goes away in 2012 or 13. Makes life interesting!!

Regards, Mark
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #104
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Quote:
It's true for the C63, which is what he was referring to.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #105
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Thanks for the update.

Very, very lame. I guess BMW is too busy making M SUVs to bother with their flagship M car.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #106
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post

The bad news for ZCP......no special colors at this time. And aajami, I'm really sorry about this one.....no sport exhaust option.
Oh well. Thanks for following up.

Quote:

As well, ZCP packages will get the regular 19" M3 tires (flavor of the day). I had a big techical discussion with BMW about why I couldn't get the Pirelli Corsa's in the larger GTS sizes.....and lost. To make a long story short, I was told the tires "wouldn't work quite right" with our regular M3's. Yes, quite alot of you have "upped" your tire/wheel sizes without any ill effects but remember that BMW the company has to keep things pretty generic especially for a mass production car like the M3 ZCP. Also, the offsets for the GTS wheels haven't been finalized for production so they may in fact be different when the GTS is finally ready to go. So I've given up....and frankly I'd rather deal with more mundane things like choosing a paint color.....but that's Ok, no big deal.
Does that mean that style 359M wheels are going to be 19x8.5f and 19x9.5r? Someone just yesterday mentioned that they might be 19x9f and 19x10r.

Quote:

But here's something for you guys who love the matte look. Sounds like there's more to come!! I was told that BMW wanted to offer matte COLORS for the ZCP right away but "they" were still being tested. Hmmm, seeing as Frozen Grey is already out there, looks like alternatives will be available in the near future. Keep your fingers crossed.
This gels with the M1 news from this morning. Apparently BMW will be releasing the car in a wide variety of color options, including several matte ones. It seems like BMW has embraced the matte look wholeheartedly -- a bold move from a mainstream auto manufacturer.

Thanks for all of this info, Mark.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #107
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I guess BMW is too busy making M SUVs to bother with their flagship M car.
I guarantee that when the ///M 1 series is released and all the bugs worked out....that it will become the flagship ///M. It is more in line with the traditional M spirit that the e30 M3 established.
      01-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #108
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Oh well. Thanks for following up.

Does that mean that style 359M wheels are going to be 19x8.5f and 19x9.5r? Someone just yesterday mentioned that they might be 19x9f and 19x10r.

This gels with the M1 news from this morning. Apparently BMW will be releasing the car in a wide variety of color options, including several matte ones. It seems like BMW has embraced the matte look wholeheartedly -- a bold move from a mainstream auto manufacturer.

Thanks for all of this info, Mark.
No problem, saw the M1 color info right after I posted so probably sooner than later for the matte paint.

As for the wheels...they WILL be wider - 9" front, 10" rear which is another reason why I wasn't following BMW's reasoning for the Pirelli tires. But again, I lost that fight. No matter, I love the GTS style wheels, what I've wanted since I started this trek a year ago. A part of my specs include the black GTS wheels but they're not going into production until June. And I can't wait any longer (two more months would kill me) so they're giving me the silver GTS wheels as a part of the Comp. Pkg and then sending me the black set later. Thought that was fantastic of them to offer and it'll solve my summer/winter tire dilemma (we need such things as winter tires here unfortunately). Best of both worlds I guess.

Take care - Mark
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #109
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
I guarantee that when the ///M 1 series is released and all the bugs worked out....that it will become the flagship ///M. It is more in line with the traditional M spirit that the e30 M3 established.
It's a distinct possibility, although I do wonder if the M1 will take over the position currently held by the M3 in motorsports. Despite the M3's growing size, it still provides the platform for homolongation for a number of race series. If that role is kept in tact with the F32, it could continue to be the central focus of the M Division.

I should add, also keep in mind the E89 M1 will be a very short run. The F2x 1 series should arrive in 2013 or so, and thus the first generation M1 might not have a lot of momentum. With the second generation product, however, this should change.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #110
Mr.D
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Speaking of color again, Frozen Grey will be available shortly for those of you who'd like it but according to a fellow Cdn poster "Mr. D." who is doing something similar to me and dealing with the same people in Germany, North America apparently has to wait until a "U.K. only" special edition run of Frozen Greys are produced. BMW will be committing full paint production capacity to the British cars commencing in March. August production was what was suggested for North American availability for Frozen Grey. Well I never!!!

Gents, I've put through my 2011 M3 ZCP order, for April Delivery, and I can confirm the following:

1. 19" GTS Wheels but in Silver
2. EDC Upgrade
3. 10MM Lower Springs

Its priced at approx. $4500 Canadian IIRC.

Few more notes -- as Mark and I have been sharing our dialogue with BMW Canada:

1. Frozen Grey is available, but not until August Production, as the UK has all of the Frozen Grey spots until then. Apparently, in March, the UK will receive a Frozen Grey edition..don't know the contents except colour.

2. Black Trim (Grill, Exhaust, etc) from the 2010 Edition Model is NOT available..the supplier ended production and they won't do one-offs anymore. I pressed and pressed, but no dice..

3. Black GTS wheels ARE available, but not until August production (IE after the GTS are delivered to customers)

4. Other note: I tried ordering the BMW Performance seats as an individual item, to no avail.

Hope this helps everyone..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread