BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

04-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Crypty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3

Black ZCP/GTS wheels question

I've had my eyes on the black 359 GTS style wheels for a while now. A dealership by me has them for $2,000 Have a few questions:

Are these the exact same size and style(other than color obviously) as the ZCP wheels on most new M3s now? Could I powder coat some silver ones and perhaps get away spending less or is this worse than the factory finish on the GTS ones?

Are these different in size from the 220Ms?

Are there any quality wheels in this style you could recommend that are cheaper?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
xcharlesy
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypty
I've had my eyes on the black 359 GTS style wheels for a while now. A dealership by me has them for $2,000 Have a few questions:

Are these the exact same size and style(other than color obviously) as the ZCP wheels on most new M3s now? Could I powder coat some silver ones and perhaps get away spending less or is this worse than the factory finish on the GTS ones?

Are there any quality wheels in this style you could recommend that are cheaper?

Thanks!
look up Avant Guard wheels (sp?) a lot of people run these
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
e92M3C
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypty View Post

Thanks!
I went through the same dilemma a few months ago and ended up ordering directly from BMW.

A used set of excellent condition (no curb or blemish) silver ZCP costs around $1400-$1600. Depends on where you live you might even have to pay extra for shipping. Then the powder cost, which varies between $200-$400 for a good powder job.

In the end, there is just too much hassle going custom powder coating for the same satin black look. So you save, maybe $200 and might have to worry about the outcome of the powder and some small details.

Unless you want color other than OEM, I think you should just order directly from BMW and remember, they are brand new.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

I would jump on that set for $2000 from the dealer. That's a great price for new GTS wheels. The GTS wheels are the exact same wheel, size and offset as the ZCP wheels. The only difference is the color. GTS / ZCP wheels are 0.5" wider than the 220M wheels and of course the offset is different. The 220M wheels are forged and lighter. GTS wheels are a high quality cast wheel (flow formed i think...?) made by BBS.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
Rakus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Cool I didn't know GTS wheels were made by BBS.
Funny I sold my GTS wheels this past Feb. oh well I got the 220M wheels as my winters.
Appreciate 0