BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

08-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
littleyellowm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR E90 M3

Why can't I build an M3 on BMW USA?

I went to the website to build an M3, as I am considering getting one because BMW will let me get out of my 335i early, before the lease ends in December. It will not let me build one. I cannot find the option for it. It has the M5 and 6, but no 3.

Also, has anyone else upgraded from an e92 335i? What are your thoughts? Would you do it over again if you could? Or would you consider a different choice?

Thanks!

The original user of the animated Bert and Ernie avatar. Except no substitutes.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
SJNESH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...e/default.aspx

build your own is listed on the left
      08-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Yep. I've been playing around with different configurations for about a month now.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philritter21 View Post
I went to the website to build an M3, as I am considering getting one because BMW will let me get out of my 335i early, before the lease ends in December. It will not let me build one. I cannot find the option for it. It has the M5 and 6, but no 3.

Also, has anyone else upgraded from an e92 335i? What are your thoughts? Would you do it over again if you could? Or would you consider a different choice?

Thanks!
first of all you can build one on the site. second i had a 335 xi sedan 2008. i upgraded to the M3 sedan and im so happy that the fuel pump failed in my 335 and the dealer couldnt fix it after 7 times in the shop in 6 weeks. i got a good deal on the M3 and it is one awsome machine.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #5
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Former 335i owner here and I don't regret it one bit. If I could have afforded the M3 when I bought the 335i I would have bought it the first time.

You have to go and drive one and I don't think you will have any questions after that. I fell in love after I hit the starter button and that glorious v-8 roared to life.

Last edited by Sixspeed J; 08-16-2009 at 01:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
littleyellowm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNESH View Post
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...e/default.aspx

build your own is listed on the left
THATS SO WEIRD

I promise you it wasn't listed under build your own yesterday! I even clicked on the build your own under the Coupe page, and it brought me to the main listings, which didn't include any M3.

But thank you for showing me that its there now! I wonder what the deal was?

The original user of the animated Bert and Ernie avatar. Except no substitutes.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
CantDrv55
NJ = guido white trash losers
India
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez Black M3

Quote:
THATS SO WEIRD

I promise you it wasn't listed under build your own yesterday! I even clicked on the build your own under the Coupe page, and it brought me to the main listings, which didn't include any M3.

But thank you for showing me that its there now! I wonder what the deal was?
Their website takes massive dumps every now and then. I had the same issue when I was toying with my car configuration. Some days build-your-car didn't work, some days it would freeze up midway, some days it would just blank out.
On the bright side, it's relatively quick, especially compared with the Porsche build-your-car and theri 100383823 options.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

hahaha....I went to BMWUSA like a 1,000 times before my M3 finally arrived. That was probably the closest I'd get to my M3 at that time....hahahahehe

btw, I can understand if the website gives you difficulty sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
tszene
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

Thanks!
I had two 335i coupes before i got my M3.
here's my opinion: If you use the car as a daily driver, you will never track the car and you are hesitant because of the price difference between the two, do not get the M3.

If on the other hand you're planing to take the car to the track and don't mind the price difference along with the gas consumtion difference, get the
M3 and you'll never regret it. I never did.

I know thats a pretty simple way of looking at it, but at the end of the day things are as difficult as we make them.
Appreciate 0