BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
Vybz
Captain
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: Adidas and Puma

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [8.60]
Looking to buy a new M3

Sup PNW?

I think this is actually my 1st time posting on our regions forums, so I think an intro is in order. I'm currently stationed at NSB Bangor-Kitsap in Silverdale ( Yes, that would make me Navy ). Currently own a Audi A4, but I'm about to sell that and start doing the crazy research to get the best deal I can get on this M3.

Just yesterday spoke with a salesman from Kuni BMW in OR just to get some figures and see some of the options in person. Also put in an application for BMW FS, which I'm kind of praying goes through since this is my 1st NEW car purchase.

I actually had 2 questions at this point in time.

1.) Is anyone else in the market for a new M3? I'm down to do a group buy, if there are others out there.

2.) Are there any Dealerships/salesman they you highly recommend/trust?

Any other information/advice is greatly appreciated.

And I think that's a wrap. Take care peeps and I hope to catch ya at a meet in the near future.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
Most people including JL will tell you BMW of Bellevue. Alvin Acklund is the person to see. I listened to this advice but I think I could get a better deal with more hackling and outsourcing my business. Hit up GOLFF who works at a dealership in CA. He's been hooking tons of people here with deals on cars and parts. GL and welcome to the board.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
Vybz
Captain
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: Adidas and Puma

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [8.60]
Thx Bapesta. If you guys recommend Alvin at Bellevue, I'll definitely check him out. I'm also going to hit up BMW Northwest in Tacoma ( anyone purchase from there? ), so I can make the most of my haggling and truly make them compete for the sale.

I'll try searching for Golff's number when I get the time. Sounds like he'll at the very least be a nice resource for information to have on the side.

Would you mind if I used you guys as a referral when I talk to Alvin? *shrug* It might even pay off in the future, but if he's highly recommended might as well let him know the people that recommended him.

Thx again
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
tukluc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

You will not find a better price than what Steve Thomas BMW (California) will offer...nothing local compares in either price or knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
kibosh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92

I just picked up my car (well, 10 days ago now) from Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo, CA and drove it back up the coast. The entire process was really easy, a few e-mails and a phone call or two and the deal was done.

Here was how it worked (in a nutshell).

PM to GOLFFRR, he put me in contact with Ryan through e-mail (or you can call the dealership directly at 805-482-8878 and ask for Ryan - tell him you heard about him from M3Post and he'll hook you up).
Ryan asked for the options I wanted and I sent him a link to the car I had configured on BMWUSA.com.
Ryan sent me a quote with MSRP, Invoice, and his price.
I changed my mind on what options I wanted and told Ryan the new config.
He e-mailed me back with a new quote.
I told him we had a deal (see below about trying to get BMW Seattle to work with me on the price).
He sent me BMWFS paperwork and a build sheet to confirm. I filled out everything and sent it back to him via fax.
After approval I sent him a deposit for $2k (applied against my down payment at signing).
Car was ordered that day and in production about two-three weeks later.

Simple as that.

Other things that Ryan accommodated for me:
I wanted to pick up the car on my birthday (4/7) but the financing lock expired on 3/31 so he sent all the paperwork to me via overnight mail with a pre-paid return overnight envelope. I signed a few days before flying down to pick up the car and he had everything waiting for me when I got there.

Due to the delivery date he "slow walked" the car through the VPC for me so that it would arrive to the dealership just before I needed to sign. I don't know if this was necessary but it avoided all the "you have 10 days from arrival to pick up the car or we sell it out from under you" BS. I seriously doubt that Ryan would have even contemplated such a thing, but it's a policy and states as much on the paperwork.

Ryan and company dealt with the WA Dept of Licensing to get everything set up for me. All I had to do was show up with my check book to pay the registration and pick up my plates. He also made sure the full King County sales tax was included in the financing and dealt with paying CA and WA the correct amounts.

They picked me up from the Airport (about 50 miles from the dealership) the day I flew down to get the car. Maybe people expect this service, but a 100 mile round trip is pretty long for a courtesy shuttle.

About BMW Seattle... I went on a test drive there and I was pleased with the sales people and staff. However, when I countered their MSRP "quote" with Ryan's they basically cut off communication. Maybe they didn't think I would really go to CA to buy the car or maybe I fell through the cracks In either case, I bought through Ryan and was very happy. I kinda wanted to do the drive anyway, so I wasn't all that upset about not buying locally. I didn't try BMW Bellevue but maybe I should have. I wasn't trading in a car so that wasn't an issue...

I highly recommend Ryan Amico and Steve Thomas BMW. Overall it was a great car buying experience and I'll be going back for the next BMW I get.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the process.

Last edited by kibosh; 04-18-2011 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: Typos...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Thanks for all the kind words guys OP if you would like a quote or any questions answered feel free to shoot me a pm or email Ryan directly by clicking in my signature where it says ryan amico email. Just let him know your a forum member and he will take good care of you! Good luck with your search

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #7
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Thanks for all the kind words guys OP if you would like a quote or any questions answered feel free to shoot me a pm or email Ryan directly by clicking in my signature where it says ryan amico email. Just let him know your a forum member and he will take good care of you! Good luck with your search
I knew I shoulda done more research before buying my car. The local people at the time was saying "people purchasing at invoice or a little invoice is in an area that is depreciating faster than WA" What a bunch of crap. And I think CA cars are priced a little cheaper than WA.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 01:30 AM   #8
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

CA would definitely be your best bet. You can get a way more better deal down in CA than in WA. We dont get that much of discount here in WA, because the transportations, taxes and etc... There are way more competition down in CA as well, so the CA dealers are more willing to make a better deal.

If you want to keep in WA, go with Alvin Eklund at BMW Of Bellevue. Mention my name Johnny Lin to him, he will take a good care of you. Try BMW Seattle first and use that price to get a better deal from Alvin too.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 01:46 AM   #9
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Before I bought my M3, I reached out to Alvin and he was great to deal with over the phone - everything straightforward and no BS. I also reached out to Golfrr and Ryan and they too were absolutely great to work with.

I would have bought from either of them but I ended up finding an M3 with 6 miles on it sitting in Portland configured to my specs and I'm crazy impaitent ... so I paid a bit more but got my car without waiting for a build ...
Appreciate 0