BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Buckeyes v. USC
OSU 11 33.33%
USC 18 54.55%
Michigan over USC 3 9.09%
Florida over USC 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

11-26-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Buckeyes v. USC

It may be a tad early but UCLA should be easy for you USC fans. Who do you think will be the National Champs? Or I'll even throw in there who should be playing instead, Michigan or Florida?

Discuss...

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I obviously voted for OSU, BUT not just cuz I'm a fan. From a complete football standpoint I honestly think they are the best team in the nation this year and will beat whoever thrown at them.

After watching a couple of the USC games I just don't see the same fire that OSU has.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
TommyBahama
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud
I obviously voted for OSU, BUT not just cuz I'm a fan. From a complete football standpoint I honestly think they are the best team in the nation this year and will beat whoever thrown at them.

After watching a couple of the USC games I just don't see the same fire that OSU has.
im pretty sure the "fire" will be there on game day.

im from cleveland too, family members have gone to OSU so im looking for OSU to win as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 06:39 PM   #4
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
gonna be a good game. i hope usc wins though

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 08:01 PM   #5
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

ohio state is my vote. i think they are too strong on both sides of the ball and have the best coach in all of college football. btw, i am not a big fan of THE ohio state, i just think they are very good.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 07:36 AM   #6
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Come on guys, what's up with just voting and no posting. Or do you think you'll look like a fool backing a team with one loss to an unranked Oregon State??

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #7
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

I would go with Buckeyes, they have too much talents...

I like to see the tigers (#1 defense) match up with buckeyes...
      11-27-2006, 09:27 AM   #8
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

voted for the bucks of course, anthony gonzales ftw!!! usc is tough to beat, be prepared buckeyes
      11-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #9
typerlover
Private
Rep
Drives: coming soon

Shame USC gets a free pass into this title game.

Notre Dame is absolute garbage and so overrated its ridiculous. To think USC got so much praise for whipping on an average team.

I would say the same about OSU. Whipping on teams like Indiana all year, and one win against another overrated Michigan team.

No doubt about it Florida should be in the title game. Winning everywhere in the SEC except against Auburn, who is no slouch. And I guarantee you they would beat OSU also.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a florida vs USC title game.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #10
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by typerlover
Shame USC gets a free pass into this title game.

Notre Dame is absolute garbage and so overrated its ridiculous. To think USC got so much praise for whipping on an average team.

I would say the same about OSU. Whipping on teams like Indiana all year, and one win against another overrated Michigan team.

No doubt about it Florida should be in the title game. Winning everywhere in the SEC except against Auburn, who is no slouch. And I guarantee you they would beat OSU also.

Sec is toughest conference with so many teams in the top ten from week 1 to week 13. The florida second quater back is tough (tebo - spl?). I like to see another matchup of florida and lsu. No need to cry over spilled milk but lsu had some tough officiating calls against them this season.
      11-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #11
typerlover
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
Sec is toughest conference with so many teams in the top ten from week 1 to week 13. The florida second quater back is tough (tebo - spl?). I like to see another matchup of florida and lsu. No need to cry over spilled milk but lsu had some tough officiating calls against them this season.
I don't drink milk. I'm lactose intolerant.

But I agree, SEC is the toughest.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #12
txusa03
Major General
Rep

On paper wise, it looks like a great matchup to see lsu vs osu. at least for me. All the big team lsu play were very close in points (for example, vs florida, vs auburn, vs arkansas, vs tenessee).
      11-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #13
C4S4SS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: I3, E92 M3, 993TT, X5 F15

[QUOTE=typerlover]Shame USC gets a free pass into this title game.

So it is USC's fault that beat Notre and get praised? USC didn't do the praising, they just beat Notre Dame soundly. What other team has beat as many top 25 teams as USC?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #14
typerlover
Private
Rep

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=30

My problem with USC is they lost to OREGON STATE. Who did Florida lose to?
No. 11 Auburn.

Plus the "top 25" teams that USC beat are hardly anything special (#21 oregon, #17 cal,and #21 nebraska), but thats the case for all of the Pac 10 except USC. And I'm in the big 12, and know that nebraska is just junk.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=57
I think that tennesse, lsu, south carolina, and this weekend arkansas should merit Florida consideration in the title game. That is, if they win.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 06:57 PM   #15
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

1. Notre Dame is nothing special. That was proven last year when OSU kicked their asses easily.

2. OSU's schedule is no weaker than Florida's or USC's. OSU played 2, #2 teams this season and beat both. Did Florida or USC do that? All 3 teams beat 4 teams in the top 25. I don't care what anyone says, the SEC is no better than the Big Ten. I went the the Bama v. Tenn game this year and both teams looked like shit. I felt like I was watching the Browns play some college football. Thank god those tickets were free.

3. You're nuts they would beat OSU. They don't have the weapons to put enough points on the board to keep up with OSU's offense. Even IF it came down to a shooting match theirs no way in hell Florida or USC for that matter can continuously stop Smith(The Heisman winner), Ginn, Gonzalez, Pittman, Wells, Hartline, or Hall just to name a few. OSU's D is also extemely solid with many guys who are going to be around for 1-2 more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4S4SS
So it is USC's fault that beat Notre and get praised? USC didn't do the praising, they just beat Notre Dame soundly. What other team has beat as many top 25 teams as USC?
See #1 and #2 for your answers. To go into more depth OSU beat 4 top 25, 3 of which were top 15, not to mention 2 #2's. Floirda beat 4 top 25, all 4 were top 15. USC also beat 4 top 25, only 1(Notre Dame) was in the top 15, plus you lost to unranked Oregon State. Floirda's only loss came to Auburn who was #11 at the time. Michigans only loss was to OSU, who only played 2 top 25 teams.

From a statistical standpoint OSU is the easy #1 choice,
Quote:
. Again you're off your block. Please re-read everything and let it marinate.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 07:01 PM   #16
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

lol garrett take it easy
      11-27-2006, 07:03 PM   #17
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aapriadi
lol garrett take it easy
HAHA I know. The nail's gotta be hammered in. People just don't understand how good OSU really is. If it weren't for a loss or 2 the past 3 seasons USC more than likely would have had it's ass handed to them sooner.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #18
C4S4SS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: I3, E92 M3, 993TT, X5 F15

[QUOTE=darkcloud]1. Notre Dame is nothing special. That was proven last year when OSU kicked their asses easily.

Who cares what happened last year and how does that have any effect now? USC has been the National Champion for the last 2 out of 3 years but that is in the past. Clearly OSU is the #1 team in the nation.

Quote=darkcloud 3. You're nuts they would beat OSU. They don't have the weapons to put enough points on the board to keep up with OSU's offense. Even IF it came down to a shooting match theirs no way in hell Florida or USC for that matter can continuously stop Smith(The Heisman winner), Ginn, Gonzalez, Pittman, Wells, Hartline, or Hall just to name a few. OSU's D is also extemely solid with many guys who are going to be around for 1-2 more years.

As of right now OSU does look unbeatable.

Quote=darkcloud See #1 and #2 for your answers. To go into more depth OSU beat 4 top 25, 3 of which were top 15, not to mention 2 #2's. Floirda beat 4 top 25, all 4 were top 15. USC also beat 4 top 25, only 1(Notre Dame) was in the top 15, plus you lost to unranked Oregon State. Floirda's only loss came to Auburn who was #11 at the time. Michigans only loss was to OSU, who only played 2 top 25 teams.

My comments were not in regards to who should be #1, but who should play OSU for the National Championship. Good luck to OSU.

Last edited by C4S4SS; 11-27-2006 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 09:13 PM   #19
typerlover
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud

From a statistical standpoint OSU is the easy #1 choice, . Again you're off your block. Please re-read everything and let it marinate.
Haha. This is going to be a great title game. If its OSU vs USC, I'm calling USC to knock off your "hometown 'bucks."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=194

Notable impressive victories are against Texas, and I'll give you Michigan since they are your rivals, but even they aren't that impressive.

Outside of those two games, what have you shown? Bowling Green, Cincinatti, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan State, even Penn State are all garbage teams that USC or Florida would have strolled through as well.

Unfortunately I've been watching too much NFL and that has skewed my judgement of the level of play of opponents in college football.

Ohio fans are the ones always getting feisty over their teams, I'm sitting cool on my block. But its understandable seeing that OSU is the one saving grace of all sports to that state, so they have to hold onto anything they can get.

Oh wait, maybe LeBron will single handedly bring them a title or Ocho Cinco can do it all himself..... (two amazing players)
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 10:11 PM   #20
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
... Cal! haha

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2006, 07:15 AM   #21
txusa03
Major General
Rep

like it or not, OSU has been solid thru out the season. Their verteran players will make a big difference in the national title game. I just hope whoever they played will come prepared for a good ole shootout!
      11-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #22
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

As a fan of the Gators, I should definitely like to see Floridaa in the title game, however, I am not convinced they are the material for the National Championship. Yes, the SEC could be the toughest conference and it is always tough to play LSU, UGA, TENN, SC, Auburn, KY, and then FSU no matter how bad some of them suck in the rankings. Wake came to Tallahassee and killed FSU, the Gators almost lost the game. They should have lost to SC. owever, the (non existing) fumble call against Auburn cost them the game...

Yes, USC lost to unranked team, but bounced back nicely and I think Pete Carrol is doing a great job with them. I also think that Michigan would beat OSU if they had a rematch.

So, it will be the OSU vs. USC this year, although I believe Michigan is better than both of them. As for FL, next time Urban...maybe in 3 years...
Appreciate 0