BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #23
SONAR
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: By echolocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by prichards516 View Post
RIP Joey P....its so sad that his legacy had to be tarnished by the actions of another.
and perpetuated by his own inaction. There were boys being raped in his facilities for 9 years because his image and his program were more important. He had every chance to stop it, and never did. Fucking disgusting person, and disgusting people find the need to defend him.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #24
SONAR
Banned
Albania
Rep

If you haven't read this, READ IT

Grand Jury Report

Read all of it. That's what Paterno was abetting. That's what the Penn State Football program stood for under Joe Paterno.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

seriously brian, we get it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #26
prichards516
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 zcp

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
SONAR
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
seriously brian, we get it.
Apparently not, since this thread isn't called "rejoice, Joe Paterno is dead"

Instead we have a bunch of people who inexplicably find it necessary to "respect" a man's life & legacy which was fraught with nothing but disrespect for the most innocent lives there are. Joe Paterno's life was a travesty, and his legacy non-existent. He won 400+ football games? Who cares. This is bigger than sports. I'm out, making me sick just thinking about it. Just know that for at least 9 years (though more likely since 1998) this man allowed for boys to be raped in his program. In his locker room, in his showers. If you feel this commands respect, you are absolutely off-base.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #28
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONAR View Post
Apparently not, since this thread isn't called "rejoice, Joe Paterno is dead"

Instead we have a bunch of people who inexplicably find it necessary to "respect" a man's life & legacy which was fraught with nothing but disrespect for the most innocent lives there are. Joe Paterno's life was a travesty, and his legacy non-existent. He won 400+ football games? Who cares. This is bigger than sports. I'm out, making me sick just thinking about it. Just know that for at least 9 years (though more likely since 1998) this man allowed for boys to be raped in his program. In his locker room, in his showers. If you feel this commands respect, you are absolutely off-base.
the man died. let him be. there is no point in the end.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #29
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

My friend wrote this about it on our site

http://gahdengremlins.com/post/16294...modern-america

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #30
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
the man died. let him be. there is no point in the end.
i'm with ya. give it some time before you completely bash him brian. you're a little too wound up about it. yes, the scandal is bad, but it doesn't define his career. the dude is still a legendary coach. he spent 46 years as head coach, and involved with the program for over 60 years, with over 400 wins, championships, a slew of bowl wins, and defined the school as a whole for nearly his entire tenure. he's a household name for overwhelmingly positive things.

i understand your argument that he knowingly let bad things happen, but he didn't molest the kids and this scandal will not define his career in the end. that program was literally his life. he was in his 70's when the abuses were going on. geriatric psychology speaking, if you're 70 and you've been working the same high profile job your entire life, would you want to see it all vanish because of the actions of another? even something like taking away your senior parents' drivers license because they aren't able to drive very well anymore is a big fuckin' deal to old people. usually, by that point in their life, they start developing senility. now put that in joepa's scenario. i'm not justifying that it's right, but he was probably petrified that his life and legacy he worked his entire adult life to build would be blown up and taken away from him at one fell swoop.

now all that being said, i couldn't give two shits about penn state or the football program, but i'm a football fan and have respect for joepa's career as coach, specifically his football record. it's hard to just write him off as some sort of criminal mastermind when there's probably more to it than just turning a blind eye. there also are plenty more people to point the finger at about a coverup. why didn't the school president say something? he knew, too. but nobody did.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #31
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep
Drives: Low and slow

RIP JoePa

We are PENN STATE!
Appreciate 0