BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #639
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

You are asking for torque at the expense of throttle response, high revs and good sound ? The the solution is NA 2.5l 300 PS with 9.000 RPM redline.

Give me the new M3 F80 with S65 over N54 anyday. Give me the 1M with alumium block S54 over N54 any day.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #640
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
You are asking for torque at the expense of throttle response, high revs and good sound ? The the solution is NA 2.5l 300 PS with 9.000 RPM redline.

Give me the new M3 F80 with S65 over N54 anyday. Give me the 1M with alumium block S54 over N54 any day.
Levi,

The throttle response of the 1M is in fact VERY good and you don't feel the need of revving the engine high because with its 'tall' gears and the way you build up speed very fast due to its torque, you get the never ending power sensation all the time, except when you rev it too high, past 6000 rpm.

The throttle response from the new generation turbo engines has improved a LOT.

Also, I like the 1M's exhaust sound note very much to the point that I don't miss my former Cayman's engine sound at 7400 rpm, not a little bit... seriously, I don't!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #641
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
Levi,

The throttle response of the 1M is in fact VERY good and you don't feel the need of revving the engine high because with its 'tall' gears and the way you build up speed very fast due to its torque, you get the never ending power sensation all the time, except when you rev it too high, past 6000 rpm.

The throttle response from the new generation turbo engines has improved a LOT.

Also, I like the 1M's exhaust sound note very much to the point that I don't miss my former Cayman's engine sound at 7400 rpm, not a little bit... seriously, I don't!
Don't know, but I'd take the old M3 CSL E46 over the 1M E82 without a doubt. I'll do my best to get the next Cayman 981. There is no BMW better than it. I really don't like sportscars with forced induction. I like the MP4-12C, it has a very good engine, 8.500 RPM, 600 Nm @ 3.000-7.000 RPM, 600 PS @ 7.500 RPM, but it did not win any comparo against the 458 Italia.

However I do undestand, to get power from small displacement engines FI is the only way. Waiting for the next WRX to see what improvements they'll bring up. Thereare rumors of electric turbocharger for low revs, normal turbocharger for high revs to eliminate turbo lag. Also, I'd prefere the coming M2 with lightweight FI I4 by BMW M than the 235i with its heavy laggy I6, though I like I6 engines. Quite sad BMW can't build any small dispalcement I6 engine for downsizing, as before they had the 2.0l I6 in the 520i E39.

Last edited by BMW269; 07-13-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #642
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
I like the MP4-12C, it has a very good engine, 8.500 RPM, 600 Nm @ 3.000-7.000 RPM, 600 PS @ 7.500 RPM, but it did not win any comparo against the 458 Italia.
After early reliability issues the MP4-12C is now 2nd on the FIA GT1 World championship in front of the Ferrari 458 Italia and following the Mercedes SLS:

3.8L V8 Twin Turbo McLaren M838T
Race power approx: 500 PS (approx)
Max torque approx: 500 Nm (approx)
Displacement: 3799 cc

Power/Weight ratio: 490 PS/T (approx)
Weight: ~1020 kg

Mercedes V8 front mid-engine
Race power approx: 500 Hp
Max torque approx: 600 Nm
Displacement: 6208 ccm

Power/Weight ratio: 2,68 kg / Hp
Weight: ~1340 kg

It's incredible to note that the 1M's engine MAX. torque (500 Nm) is at the same level as that of those competition cars!!!

Quote:
Don't know, but I'd take the old M3 CSL E46 over the 1M E82 without a doubt. I'll do my best to get the next Cayman 981. There is no BMW better than it.
That's because, as incredible as it sounds, there is NO current BMW lighter than the next Cayman 981 or even the M3 CSL, except for the 114/116/118i which are slightly lighter than the CSL...

Quote:
I really don't like sportscars with forced induction.
I know that M cars are about chassis but if I had to highlight a single trait of the 1M then it had to be its engine... the 1M's engine is simply amazing!

You really should try it.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #643
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

I'd drive a turbocharged car with anti-lag. But flames would go out of the pipes. Not really street legal.

Thought I don't like its looks, I prefere the SLK 55 AMG over the Z4 M35i. Same weight, better weight distribution due to shorter and lighter V8 block and 540 Nm from a NA engine. 7.200 RPM redline is not bad either. No N54/N55 will sound like a NA AMG V8.

Until there'll be NA engines I'll stick to them. Later maybe NA engine with hybrid tech.

Last edited by BMW269; 07-14-2012 at 04:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #644
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

GT86 with 2JZ engine swap !

Turbocharger

Rear mounted radiators

86X Finished !

Last edited by BMW269; 07-14-2012 at 06:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #645
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Thought I don't like its looks, I prefere the SLK 55 AMG over the Z4 M35i. Same weight, better weight distribution due to shorter and lighter V8 block and 540 Nm from a NA engine. 7.200 RPM redline is not bad either. No N54/N55 will sound like a NA AMG V8.

Until there'll be NA engines I'll stick to them. Later maybe NA engine with hybrid tech.
I think you will be missing an opportunity...

Quote:
I'd drive a turbocharged car with anti-lag. But flames would go out of the pipes. Not really street legal.
With the M button pressed down you don't see flames out of the 1M's exhaust ONLY because there's cats and a muffler fitted to the car.

Some fuel will always be burned in the exhaust manifold when the exhaust valves are open to help the turbo to spool up sooner and faster. Also, how do you think catalytic converters are rapidly brought to an efficient operating temperature during the engine warm-up period?!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #646
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Anything different from a boxer engine fitted to the Toyobaru will automatically defeat its purpose. The boxer engine is it's secret as it is with Porsches.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #647
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You can think whatever you like. I sold my Cayman therefore my business with Porsche is over. This is my 1M:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
You own a 1M?
Funny, I dont see one post by you in the 1M section or any section for that matter where you mention your 1M. Yet hundreds of posts on this mediocre machine you tout as the best thing going. You dont own a 1M or any BMW for that matter. Quite sad if you think about it that one could try and BS his way through life. Theres nothing worse than a liar and you just showed your true colors.
I never care if somebody is driving a Tata or a Bugatti but I can't stand dishonesty or posts that are insulting people's inteligence. I find funny that the 1M pictures are taken in a garage, there are no pictures with the car in front of the house, or somewhere in nature, highway, etc. Just a new 1M, in a dealership, nothing that will show some originality.

Now, let me tell you why our colegue GoingTooFast is lying:
In the third picture, under the taillight you will find the emblem of this dealership that sells used cars (you can see the other non-BMW vehicle behind the 1M in the dealership's floor) called MBM Mobile from AVEIRO - Portugal:

https://foursquare.com/v/mbm-mobile/...a1f7b65f892c21

In the third picture you can see that the word "VENDIDO" is reflected in the window. That mens the car was "SOLD" by the MBM Mobile dealership in Aveiro - Portugal
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #648
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Now, we established that this car was sold as a used car in Portugal. However, GoingTooFast is puting this picture to prove his 2000km service inspection.
But, as we can see from the picture and reading properly the stamp applied by the service department, this particular inspection was done in Reisenfeldstrasse 7, 80809 Munchen.
So, the car was sold used with 1km on board (?!), and this guy drove it right away straight to Munchen to have his oil change done!?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #649
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

In the next picture, he is claiming that he erased the last three digits from the VIN number so we can not guess hat is talking about.
Obviously, he doesn't know that the numbers "080611" are actualy the numbers from the Vin number. If we put them togheter, we will have the
VIN - WBSUR91080611 VP75.
So we have the last three digits too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #650
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

In the past, he was making fun of some people that, they drive X1 but they have the guts to make comments on his thread about junkbaru. He didn't show his location or what he is driving but some research showed me some interesting things.

I don't want to go further. GoingTooFast lied that he is the owner of an 1M and that he did the oil change at 2000 km (which was done in Munchen - Germany) but the car was sold USED in Portugal.

I have the tools to find exactly the history of this car but I don't think that I should spendmore time revealing things about a person with a such character. Shame!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #651
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

@ Tracus,

You are a VERY lousy detective, Sherlock... I bought the car 2nd hand from the German dealer, I rarely buy new cars. And yes, it was imported to Portugal.

Oh, BTW "080611" means 08/06/2011, it's the date when the oil change was performed... You say you drive/own a BMW and you don't even know how a BMW VIN look like?!

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 07-16-2012 at 02:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #652
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
@ Tracus,

You are a VERY lousy detective, Sherlock... I bought the car 2nd hand from the German dealer, I rarely buy new cars. And yes, it was imported to Portugal.
First, that is not a German dealer.

Second, driving straight from Aveiro to Munchen you have 1800 km. If you did the 2000km service inspection in Munchen, that was not a used car. But the pictures show different.

If you push it, I can find the whole history of the car, not to mention that some posts of yours show different things, including lies about location.

You are a very lousy LIAR. You know, it takes intelligence and a good memory to be a god liar, and even then you will be caught.

Probably is a good ideea to take your troll thread and leave...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #653
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post

Second, driving straight from Aveiro to Munchen you have 1800 km. If you did the 2000km service inspection in Munchen, that was not a used car. But the pictures show different.
In the case you didn't noticed, Munchen is in Germany and the oil change was performed by the german dealer. I only bought the car afterwards and it was imported to Portugal, capiche?!

It' not that hard to follow when one isn't mentally challenged or intellectually disabled.

This is what I wrote:

Quote:
Maybe this scan of my 1M's 1200 mile(2000 km) oil service book is better for you. If still not good enough, well... you can always go (...)

You know where you can go...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #654
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post

If you push it, I can find the whole history of the car, not to mention that some posts of yours show different things, including lies about location.

You are a very lousy LIAR. You know, it takes intelligence and a good memory to be a god liar, and even then you will be caught.

Probably is a good ideea to take your troll thread and leave...
Signed, sealed, delivered.........owned!

Great detective work Tracus! Shined the light on his BS for all to see. I dont know what this shills motivation is for this uber long, boring thread about a mediocre performing car is but funny as hell that you nailed him to the wall and he cant wiggle out of the bullshit web he weaved.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #655
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Subaru BRZ (2012-on) - 5 star ANCAP safety rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Having owned a Miata, a CRX and extensively driven a friend's Exige, I can say that light is great, but there's also nearly always a lack of solidity that comes from that lightness. I think the Toyobaru is okay with it's current weight, it just needs more power.
As you can see the lightness of the Toyobaru is NOT achieved at the expense of structural rigidity.

The design now incorporates 54% high-tensile strength steel when compared to only 45% of a MY10 Impreza. The following color areas use 980-MPa or higher grade sheet steel - the main advantage of using this material is of course its light weight - while in the rest of the frame the thickness has been reduced around the body wherever possible by strategical use of 590-MPa grade sheet steel (in red, first picture) so the position of the seat could be lowered.

This frame design allows any forces acting on the front of the body to be passed through to the rest of the car. The Toyobaru's crash test result just seems to confirm all of these. (I don't think a Miata could ever match that )

So, we have the perfect platform to increase the boxer engine's torque by 50 lb-ft, from 151 lb-ft to 201 lb-ft. The only thing that is missing IS a turbo.

There's no excuse!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #656
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Subaru call it 'Ring-shaped Reinforcement Frames'

Quote:
Its frame design strengthens the passenger cabin from the roof to the doors, pillars and floor.

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #657
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Can you see the difference to the Miata?! It's like adding a roll-cage to the Miata...

Miata

Toyobaru

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 07-15-2012 at 08:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 02:51 AM   #658
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Even though the Toyobaru has a very strong body, please DO drive safe... you don't want to see yourself in these situations:

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 07-16-2012 at 05:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #659
kdiggz
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3

too much fast and furious drifting action for that guy
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #660
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

I have a feeling insurance rates are going to be a bit high for this car.
Appreciate 0