BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #45
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
I'm thinking of Interlagos / Bamboo now too
South's fav.
      10-30-2007, 12:03 PM   #46
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
South's fav.
Hm, no...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #47
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
lol @ impreza blue. horrible.
Not hardly! The Impreza blue does not have the luster of IB, nor does it have the purple-ish blend of IB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Was wondering what you meant by that comment? Reason I ask is that I have noticed many manufacturers that seem to have a color really close to IB and that has kind of turned me off to the color. I even saw a Ford Mustang that looked to have the same or real close color as IB. Your thoughts?
There aren't too many colors that are exclusive. Most car manufacturers have similar paint colors. The difference is the paint quality. For instance, Phoenix Yellow. Honda, Mercedes, etc. have colors that are very similar (..and which look the same from a distance), however, when you place PY next to one of those cars, PY definitely has more luster, and the quality of the metallic is definitely better than that of the Honda.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #48
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Reason I ask is that I have noticed many manufacturers that seem to have a color really close to IB and that has kind of turned me off to the color. I even saw a Ford Mustang that looked to have the same or real close color as IB. Your thoughts?
I am curious what other color you might choose instead.

For every blue Mustang you see, you'll see dozens in black, white, grey, silver or red. Furthermore I would venture to guess that Mustangs in those colors will look as much if not more like the BMW counterparts as the Mustang blue looks like Interlagos Blue.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #49
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 530e XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Hm, no...

Best regards, south
IB / Black for you I think?
      10-30-2007, 01:34 PM   #50
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
IB / Black for you I think?
Hmm, no...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #51
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Interlagos seems to only have the hint of purple in the shade? I saw a Z4M last week in the early AM and it looked very dark and had some purple to it, not very much like the majority of the pictures online.

Today I saw a Montego Blue Z4 and it looked like what I had expected Interlagos to look like, given most of the pictures online. I guess it's tough to compare without seeing in person, since most LCD monitors are wildly inaccurate with color, nevermind the cameras.

Personally, I think palladium/silver interior would go best with IB.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 11:54 PM   #52
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I am curious what other color you might choose instead.

For every blue Mustang you see, you'll see dozens in black, white, grey, silver or red. Furthermore I would venture to guess that Mustangs in those colors will look as much if not more like the BMW counterparts as the Mustang blue looks like Interlagos Blue.
Funny you asked. I have been mulling all the colors over quite hard. I've pretty much settled on IB or Jerez, can't say I am really happy with any of the colors but those two will work for me. I haven't ruled out Jet Black entirely, my 330i was Jet Black and though high-maint I loved it and kept it clean. My M won't be my DD so Jet Black is still a contender. I tend to lean towards a black for two reasons. Being 40 something, IB is maybe a bit too flashy, I already get accused of "trying to act young" whatever the fuxk that is, because of my wide ranging music tastes. So IB would probably extenuate that problem lol. Other thing is, I like to drive fast, not dangerously so, but, picture this, going about 140+ on an empty straight or taking a nice smoothe curve at double the normal rate (because you CAN ) and you are "spotted" by the law, then they lose sight of you....well, you know and I know, if they see an IB M3 later in the night or day you will get popped for sure and at least hassled for documents, no front plate etc...but with black, you have more anonymity. I find the Bimmer so exhilarating to drive that each time I get free of traffic I open her up, my 330i got past 140 on a regular basis, and one time to an indicated 160MPH (with more left, ran out of road) though I've been told the speedos in Bimmers read high. So if my 06 330i would do 70MPH-140MPH like it was nothing, how will I contain myself in this beast I ask you?? No chance. So black of some sort may be my choice. I am also considering ordering a "stripper"...that is, only the options I consider must haves such as 19's and perhaps EDC. If I can order CA or upgrade audio separately, I will do so. I was so counting on a Cinnamon colored interior, the Fox Red was such a let down, I just cannot get used to the FR color. I am thinking seriously to get the 08 just for driving fun, then in 09 or 2010 option one out the way I really like it when more colors and possibly individual custom options become available, or maybe a Z9 or some other beast will make it's debut by then....those are my thoughts.