BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

10-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 530e XDrive

M3 Speccin' !

Hello all, I'm new to M3 Post, but not E90 post - currently have an 06 325 M Sport in Le Mans Blue which I'm thinking of upgrading when the DCT arrives.

Just wondering what you guys thoughts are on spec and colours?

I was thinking of going with the following:
Jerez Black
Bamboo Leather
Extended Leather
19" Wheels
High Beam Assist
HiFi Upgrade
USB / FL 6
Storage Pack
Seat Heating
Sliding Armrest
EDC
Adaptive Headlights
Carbon Leather Interior

On colours, I'm not brave enough to go for white even though it seems very distinctive and very 'M' - living in the countryside, white would be yellow/brown most of the winter for me - was thinking of Space Grey or Black, but I think black leather goes best with SG and I'm fed up of black leather in my current and past cars, whereas Bamboo would be a change, and goes well with black, but then you lose the effect of the carbon roof........would extended bamboo look a bit much?

Last edited by AidenL; 10-28-2007 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
Leg
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White

You're not stuck with the standard leathers, individual options here.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92102

SG and the red would be nice as would SG and Rust brown, Champagne or Platinum.

Personally I would avoid black for the exterior. Apart from the fact that much of the detal of the bodywork is lost black is a right royal pain to look after. I have a black MB and a black Audi so I speak from experience!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Bamboo leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
On colours, I'm not brave enough to go for white even though it seems very distinctive and very 'M' - living in the countryside, white would be yellow/brown most of the winter for me - was thinking of Space Grey or Black, but I think black leather goes best with SG and I'm fed up of black leather in my current and past cars, whereas Bamboo would be a change, and goes well with black, but then you lose the effect of the carbon roof........would extended bamboo look a bit much?
Here's pics of extended bamboo: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75758. I think it would be fine.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
You're not stuck with the standard leathers, individual options here.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92102

SG and the red would be nice as would SG and Rust brown, Champagne or Platinum.

Personally I would avoid black for the exterior. Apart from the fact that much of the detal of the bodywork is lost black is a right royal pain to look after. I have a black MB and a black Audi so I speak from experience!
My TT is black too, with red, and it does look nice, but yeah, a pain to keep clean for sure - I remember you chatting about your M3 on the TT forum

Id be happy with SG or Silverstone I think, but I'm not over the moon with the Fox Red, as its a bit bricky looking?

Those individual options are interesting - I must check what percentage of a kidney they cost here in Ireland !
      10-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #5
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Here's pics of extended bamboo: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75758. I think it would be fine.
Thanks for the link Greg

It does brighten up the interior for sure
      10-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #6
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My TT is black too, with red, and it does look nice, but yeah, a pain to keep clean for sure - I remember you chatting about your M3 on the TT forum

Id be happy with SG or Silverstone I think, but I'm not over the moon with the Fox Red, as its a bit bricky looking?

Those individual options are interesting - I must check what percentage of a kidney they cost here in Ireland !
Hi Aiden, wondered if it was you. Not so much keeping phantom black clean that is a pain but keeping it swirl free and how easily it shows the damned stone chips up! Must be even worse on a mk2 with the curved bonnet!

FR is a bit brick looking in person, I didnt like it myself. The red on those individual options seems much deeper though.

Just been reading TG magazine and it has an Aston article. The Aston is grey with caramel coloured leather and looks great. SG and Rust brown would be just about identical and look great IMO.

£1200 for those leathers in the UK, no idea about Ireland.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 02:01 PM   #7
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Hi Aiden, wondered if it was you. Not so much keeping phantom black clean that is a pain but keeping it swirl free and how easily it shows the damned stone chips up! Must be even worse on a mk2 with the curved bonnet!

FR is a bit brick looking in person, I didnt like it myself. The red on those individual options seems much deeper though.

Just been reading TG magazine and it has an Aston article. The Aston is grey with caramel coloured leather and looks great. SG and Rust brown would be just about identical and look great IMO.

£1200 for those leathers in the UK, no idea about Ireland.
Tis me indeed

I'm mostly swirl free so far, but one or two small chips

Must get the individual brochures you have from my dealer Have the Magma in the TT and like it, so I'd be happy if the red looked like that - would probably make me happy to go for SG?

Mrs has commandeered the TT anyway, so the coast if clear for me to change my old work Beemer !

All prices here seem to double and become euros , so I'd say € 2,500 for the individual - must admit I begrudge it
      10-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #8
WxSquid
Ask The Chief!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Sedan

Quote:
Hello all, I'm new to M3 Post, but not E90 post - currently have an 06 325 M Sport in Le Mans Blue which I'm thinking of upgrading when the DCT arrives.
When I saw the title of the thread, I knew someone from MINI2 had to have come over here!!!

Welcome! Let's see if this thread gets as big as they do over there....

WxSquid
Eleanor - 04 MINI MCS (JC Works mod)
To Come: E90 M3 or 135i?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #9
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WxSquid View Post
When I saw the title of the thread, I knew someone from MINI2 had to have come over here!!!

Welcome! Let's see if this thread gets as big as they do over there....

WxSquid
Thanks Doug I'm the devil behind that mega thread on MINi2

You are a buddy of Sherry and Jim over there? I know Sherry quite well from the Moderation team on M2

Yep, hope it doesn't take me as long to spec the M as its did to do the Works S
      10-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #10
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep

Hmm, extended leather is € 1500 here, so if individual leather would be € 2500 extra, and extended is included, well, that might not be too bad - though I wonder about the red on the dash ?

Leg, you are enquiring about being able to have black on the dash part aren't you?

I'd be interested to know about that too

I fancy SG with red now
      10-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #11
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hmm, extended leather is € 1500 here, so if individual leather would be € 2500 extra, and extended is included, well, that might not be too bad - though I wonder about the red on the dash ?

Leg, you are enquiring about being able to have black on the dash part aren't you?

I'd be interested to know about that too

I fancy SG with red now
Im actually leaning towards the blue extended with alpine white now Aiden but I will still ask about black for the extended just to see if its possible.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
WxSquid
Ask The Chief!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Doug I'm the devil behind that mega thread on MINi2

You are a buddy of Sherry and Jim over there? I know Sherry quite well from the Moderation team on M2

Yep, hope it doesn't take me as long to spec the M as its did to do the Works S
1) Yep, that's me.

2) Ummm.... didn't you do two or three of these?

3) That reminds me to get in touch with them - I'll hit their blog. After I "went big" they were one of the few that still acknowledged me.

4) Yeah, good luck with that time frame. If you were on this side of the pond, I'd say you'd crank it out quicker. However, you're on the side of the pond with Individual and more ala carte options. I'm betting almost as long as the MINI.

At least I still have a year or so until I have to bear down; I'll replace my 335 with a M3 sedan.

Doug
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #13
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep

I had an R53 S Speccin' THread, and an R56 one too Never did go with the R56 - couldn't get to love it

Well, after a good look today at a Jerez Black/ Fox Red M3, which I liked, and a few M5s and Z4Ms, myself and Mrs L seem to think Interlagos might be the colour to go with? Its an M colour, I'm a blue fan, and it works well with bamboo !
      10-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #14
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep

Thinking more about the Interlagos I saw yesterday, I do like it, as I said, I like blues . Its a bit too purple for my liking under dull light though, so that worries me a little !

Jerez black is nice, looks very like Carbon Black to me though?
      10-30-2007, 08:51 PM   #15
WxSquid
Ask The Chief!
United_States
Rep

Now Carbon Black, I'd take in a heartbeat. I park next to a 550i w/ Sport package nearly every day at work. Under clouds, it's nearly black; in the sun, it's a nice navy blue. I'd take either fox red or bamboo with it.

I'm leaning toward IB/B (Indie blue/black? lol, somethings never die... although wouldn't you love the M3 in Indie blue?) with:

Interlagos Blue
Black leather / Anthricite cloth
Technology Package
Sat Radio
iPod adapter

If that is too high, I'd drop the package and just do the EDC.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 04:02 AM   #16
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep

Have to say, I always liked Carbon Black - love the blue tinge in it as well - but my TT is black as well, talk about the cleaning I'd have to do !!!

Ah, old Indie Blue, I remember it well
      10-31-2007, 06:06 AM   #17
Leg
Captain
Rep

You guys know that Carbon and Ruby black are individual options right?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 09:30 AM   #18
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
You guys know that Carbon and Ruby black are individual options right?
Yep

Wouldn't pay any extra for Carbon over Jerez though - to my eye, in the admittedly dull light I saw Jerez under, there isn't that much difference...........maybe under brighter light I'd see it?
      10-31-2007, 12:20 PM   #19
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yep

Wouldn't pay any extra for Carbon over Jerez though - to my eye, in the admittedly dull light I saw Jerez under, there isn't that much difference...........maybe under brighter light I'd see it?
Dunno, I did intend to look at one but my new found allergy to black paint kicked in and I came out in a serious case of 'Bugger that Im not Porter Cabling the Swirls our of a car again no matter how good it looks itus'.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 01:47 PM   #20
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Dunno, I did intend to look at one but my new found allergy to black paint kicked in and I came out in a serious case of 'Bugger that Im not Porter Cabling the Swirls our of a car again no matter how good it looks itus'.
The dark side still might call out to me - as you know, and your TT is a beauty, black does look good